Check your account email address ×

China shuts all 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan

Just now, frenchy said:

He dismissed it as nothing very early. Saying it was one person and China has it under control. He was wrong. 

Watching what happened elsewhere and how fast it spread allowed us to learn how to react. Thankfully we had the time we did because of geography  

I think our approach is measured and responsible and will allow health facilities to not become overloaded so still confused on the hospital comment. 

Sounds like we're going to have to take this slow and one point at a time

So you haven't seen any predictions of no hospital beds and no respirators etc?

And can I ask you with $8 billion at the ready why would building temporary overflow hospitals and major cities be a bad thing? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, frenchy said:

He dismissed it as nothing very early. Saying it was one person and China has it under control. He was wrong. 

Watching what happened elsewhere and how fast it spread allowed us to learn how to react. Thankfully we had the time we did because of geography  

I think our approach is measured and responsible and will allow health facilities to not become overloaded so still confused on the hospital comment. 

At this point that is what's needed as has been said numerous times...flatten the curve so the system can handle the patients. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

And can I ask you with $8 billion at the ready why would building temporary overflow hospitals and major cities be a bad thing? 

They out that  information out there because A) it's fact and B) hoping it will get people to pay attention to measures limiting the spread. 

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Haven’t seen it here and quite simply that would add to the public hysteria. 

45 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

last report I saw said most of the CDC didn't even know what they were going to do with all the money that they had for this

8 billion 

I haven't seen one tent or temporary hospital yet 

Yet all kinds of predictions if over full hospitals

Just money isn't it (at present).  Perhaps our leaders should be gathering and making some decisions.

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Well Vin is selling it like they’re hard facts. And calling people names that disagree. I think that’s a bit premature.

Well they are hard facts.  

We need to nip this when it's premature (may be too late already).

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Just money isn't it (at present).  Perhaps our leaders should be gathering and making some decisions.

Well they are hard facts.  

We need to nip this when it's premature (may be too late already).

Neal

I'm quite certain our leaders are talking themselves horse right now

Don't let your TDS get in the way of common sense here

6 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

And I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as what we're doing now... But I just saw a photo of a beach in Florida during spring break and I don't think very many people are taking self isolation serious whatsoever

Im living spring break right now in Havasu. Young people are completely oblivious to this virus. The ones that do know about it realize it mostly affects the old and sick. They are not bothered by this. Many could just care less. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Im living spring break right now in Havasu. Young people are completely oblivious to this virus. The ones that do know about it realize it mostly affects the old and sick. They are not bothered by this. Many could just care less. 

I could agree I just saw a picture of a packed beach in fort Lauderdale

that doesn't explain why you bought into the panic and went out and hoarded groceries

That type of behavior is exactly the problem

It can only be combated with greater control more strict rules or price gouging

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Kids will be kids. Don’t care about anything outside of their here and now and think they are invincible 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s obvious now, China building all those hospitals and quarantine of 60m people until May was a gross overreaction to a few cases of the sniffles and scratchy throat. 

-the Michigan retard 

I think he's just saying there's an end to this eventually.

17 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Haven’t seen it here and quite simply that would add to the public hysteria. 

I'm sorry but I just don't see how telling the public that we're going to run out of hospital beds and respirators and everything's going to be over full and hundreds of thousands are going to be infected or millions is less worse than building temporary hospitals to be prepared 

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Can't blame them really. 

5 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I'm sorry but I just don't see how telling the public that we're going to run out of hospital beds and respirators and everything's going to be over full and hundreds of thousands are going to be infected or millions is less worse than building temporary hospitals to be prepared 

Had the country done nothing that’s exactly what would’ve occurred. This is the entire point. 

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I'm not, you are the one with the instant action demand here, not I.

Neal

I've made exactly zero demands for instant action I'm simply questioning if the predictions are so dire why are we not doing anything

6 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

One is a message to the public on how and why to act responsibly, the other is an over reaction and waste of resources.