Check your account email address ×

China shuts all 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan

Just now, frenchy said:

One is a message to the public on how and why to act responsibly, the other is an over reaction and waste of resources. 

How is telling the entire United States that we're going to run out of hospital beds and respirators telling them how to act responsibly?!

19 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I could agree I just saw a picture of a packed beach in fort Lauderdale

that doesn't explain why you bought into the panic and went out and hoarded groceries

That type of behavior is exactly the problem

It can only be combated with greater control more strict rules or price gouging

Are you out of any food or tp?

7 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

No the  infectious disease expert that was on the Joe Rogan podcast did

China wouldn't let the Cdc in. He was speculating on that imo ...& he wouldn't even address the bio weapon part

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

It almost sounds like you guys think the best plan of action is to panic the public with all these dire predictions and then not do anything about it at the same time

I've read several articles that  said this is done so people will pay attention and follow recommendations.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

With proper action, it can be contained. 

Yes

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

9 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I'm sorry but I just don't see how telling the public that we're going to run out of hospital beds and respirators and everything's going to be over full and hundreds of thousands are going to be infected or millions is less worse than building temporary hospitals to be prepared 

So why are we not doing so?

Neal

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

How is telling the entire United States that we're going to run out of hospital beds and respirators telling them how to act responsibly?!

They are telling the population to act in a certain way or that could be the outcome and enacting measures to prevent that outcome at the same time  

again your inability to comprehend simple messages is astounding. 

4 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

It almost sounds like you guys think the best plan of action is to panic the public with all these dire predictions and then not do anything about it at the same time

Panic is a response that motivates people into change, while messy, it’s sometimes required. There’s also really no need to make dire predictions. All one needs to do is look what happened in Wuhan when the country blinked. It turned into a nightmare over there. 

Edited by spin_dry

5 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I can just see it now

Muh Trump didn't build no temporaries 

Do we have equipment for them ...& nurses/docs to run them?

I would bet we dont...

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It has been confirmed via genetics.

Neal

What animal then?

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

They are telling the population to act in a certain way or that could be the outcome and enacting measures to prevent that outcome at the same time  

again your inability to comprehend simple messages is astounding. 

Oh so now you're for scaring the public with tire predictions that probably won't be true in order to get them to behave a certain way? 

And you're an ability to comprehend simple post of mine is pretty bad as well like saying that it was my opinion when it was a f****** doctors :lol:

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Oh so now you're for scaring the public with tire predictions that probably won't be true in order to get them to behave a certain way? 

And you're an ability to comprehend simple post of mine is pretty bad as well like saying that it was my opinion when it was a f****** doctors :lol:

I asked if it was yours and it’s pretty obvious you agree with him. I comprehend just fine. 

Just now, frenchy said:

I asked if it was yours and it’s pretty obvious you agree with him. I comprehend just fine. 

No you didn't and you're smarmy at the end shows you didn't Sorry you lose again

The comment at the end also wiped out any question marks he tried to put in there to cover yourself Sorry

5 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

The #s are low compared to other places. Maybe it is being contained.

Hopefully. It was detected in my area during the middle of last week. The response by local government has been quick. Three of those infected had contact with large groups of people. The question remains about how many people did they pass it to. The average for this infection is 2.2 people. Our community is doing a really good job. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Hopefully. It was detected in my area during the middle of last week. The response by local government has been quick. Three of those infected had contact with large groups of people. The question remains about how many people did they pass it to. The average for this infection is 2.2 people. Our community is doing a really good job. 

Good to hear that about your community. 

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Do we have equipment for them ...& nurses/docs to run them?

I would bet we dont...

What animal then?

The born on date when it jumped from animal to human was mid November “19. It was a bat. They eat bats in China. 

1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Easier to say they eat anything that moves. Lol

It’s not so much what they eat (I’m sure bat could be delicious if properly prepared and seasoned) it’s about where the animal comes from. There’s no bat farms over there. These things are caught in the wild and brought to market. Makes the importance of the FDA and supply chain accountability all that more important. 

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

And thats where the main responsibility sits.   Locally.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Of course local authorities are on the front lines but they need information, resources and guidance from the federal government but I understand why you posted what you did.

Just now, Highmark said:

The main problem has been getting test kits. The virus fills the throat, mouth, and sinuses with millions of pathogens within a few hours (as little as 2 hours) of being infected. That’s why people are infectious before symptoms occur. But that also makes it easier to detect and contain. This requires proper and abundant test kits. That’s how South Korea got it under control. If the feds learn anything, hopefully they will have a system where testing for any new pathogen will be quickly developed, produced, and shipped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1