Check your account email address ×

I think Jeep might have pooped a little out of fear

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of Bobtail and Fullsize Bronco. None of the pics I'm seeing in this thread are getting me to a dealer to see a live one.

Maybe the pics don't do it justice?

This was my Bronco back in the early 90's and I want it back. '79 with the chromatic stripe kit that was reflective at night. I just starting talking to my buddy about his and he's coming down in price to the point where I might have to buy his.

865983361_79Bronco.thumb.jpg.3ca5f65c634c05cc6aa5dfe2aa16cd03.jpg

That's my buddy's Bronco behind my F150. I'd paint it all black and add the chromatic stripe kit.

1415519757_CarShowHarriston5.thumb.jpg.e7d36eb8b1d406dc64cbef0095fad692.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, irv said:

I was at my Ram dealership the other day getting a new emergency brake release lever as I broke mine being to aggressive with it and notice a brand new Ram 1500 crew cab Laramie limited in the showroom.

Simply amazing how gorgeous this completely loaded truck was but then I looked at the sticker! :yikes: .......................$86,500 CDN!!! Add PDI, freight and taxes and this would run you $100,000 dollars up here!! 

2020 ram.jpg

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think that is officially the ugliest truck I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m not sold on the lines of the new ram body, then you add all that chrome and those big city rims...no thanks.

1 minute ago, rump-rider said:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think that is officially the ugliest truck I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m not sold on the lines of the new ram body, then you add all that chrome and those big city rims...no thanks.

I still prefer the looks of the previous body style like my 13 Ram, but after seeing this truck I honestly would have no issue upgrading if they weren't so expensive. Mind you, this is the top of the line model so it's way too much truck for me, but I certainly wouldn't turn it down if the price was more suited to something that I could afford. In my opinion, this is far from the ugliest truck on the market, especially compared to the new GM's/Chevy's but I can appreciate your opinion. 

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Looks good IMO.

:bc: 

8C57D89A-9873-45FB-BB3F-F9B0B8B260A5.png

That looks good. I like it. An aluminum body would be cool.

It will more than likely be towable 4 down making it a great toad for bigger RV’s. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

There is some pent up demand for the bronco. A more civilized wrangler if you will. :lol: 

Yep. The Wrangler is fairly primitive. Especially before 2007. 

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

Looks good IMO.

:bc: 

8C57D89A-9873-45FB-BB3F-F9B0B8B260A5.png

That's it right there! 5 Door with the bigger tires might be in my driveway for my next vehicle. Wind tunnel test in yaw had the soft top making a little chatter at the upper B Pillar but I'm sure Webasto will get that worked out. The lift gate / Swing gate on the rear for the hard top is an interesting combo 

Actually pretty decent looking, not as cool as the customer renderings from years back, but they didn’t totally botch it. I’d have no use for it, but maybe the wife would. 

On 3/8/2020 at 11:43 AM, AKIQPilot said:

Can we get this thread back on topic. 

Hey Jay. Any insight on what the Bronco might have for a drivetrain. Engine, tranny, tcase, axles?  

@SVT MXZ XRS

It's based off the Ranger platform. So it is a full frame and not a unibody. 

You'll see many versions from base model all the way up to high optioned Platinum/Limited and including a Ford Performance (formerly SVT) version. 

On 3/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, AKIQPilot said:

Nice. All good stuff.

Solid axles or independent?  

wheelbase?

curb weight?

stock tire size?

sounds like it could be a very capable unit. 

Specs haven't been released (or leaked) yet. 

1 hour ago, Doos said:

Actually pretty decent looking, not as cool as the customer renderings from years back, but they didn’t totally botch it. I’d have no use for it, but maybe the wife would

Same.   I already told the wife her Flex will be replaced by a Bronco in the next few years. 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Same.   I already told the wife her Flex will be replaced by a Bronco in the next few years. 

She thought she wanted a Wrangler until I rented one for a few days, made it 30 seconds before she turned around and said never mind. Guessing the Bronco will be a bit more refined, especially if it has the 2.7.

1 minute ago, Doos said:

She thought she wanted a Wrangler until I rented one for a few days, made it 30 seconds before she turned around and said never mind. Guessing the Bronco will be a bit more refined, especially if it has the 2.7.

Yea sometimes driving a vehicle makes a big difference compared to looks.  Thought for sure we would be in an Explorer, but after renting 2,  it's no where near as comfortable as the Flex. 

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea sometimes driving a vehicle makes a big difference compared to looks.  Thought for sure we would be in an Explorer, but after renting 2,  it's no where near as comfortable as the Flex. 

The Flex is under appreciated, I don’t think they look as bad as some, but it’s the reason they didn’t sell better. Great interior.

16 minutes ago, Doos said:

The Flex is under appreciated, I don’t think they look as bad as some, but it’s the reason they didn’t sell better. Great interior.

Yep.  Hated the looks at first when they came out, but they aren't that bad. Driving one makes a huge difference. It's like you're driving a Lincoln. They came out right when we got my wife's '08 Taurus X. Had to take her X back to Roy O'Brien to have the rear seat DVD headrests installed.  They gave us the owners Flex Limited to drive for a day.  We didn't want to give the Flex back. She got 188K+ out of the X and the trans started acting up.  So I traded it in for the Flex. They wanted $3,800-$5K for trans rebuild. I got $3K trade in for it.  I only had to do oil changes, air filters , wiper blades, tires and one rear wheel bearing on it.  I got more than my money's worth out of it.  So far the Flex is almost at 70K and has only needed oil changes, air filters, wiper blades and a set of tires (knock on wood). 

40 minutes ago, Doos said:

i bought the wife one for her to drive for the summer then my boy to drive.  She hated it.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i bought the wife one for her to drive for the summer then my boy to drive.  She hated it.  

I was surprised how much I didn’t like it either, and I had pretty low expectations. 

Neighbors have a 18, it’s constantly in the shop.

36 minutes ago, Doos said:

I’ve always liked them....never owned one but enjoy seeing vehicles on the road that have a unique look. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve always liked them....never owned one but enjoy seeing vehicles on the road that have a unique look. 

Unfortunately they didn't market the Flex at all. It's a shame too because they really are nice.  2020 is the last year for the Flex 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ugly as sin but no one who has one dislikes them.  

After driving one and I'd hear people say they didn't like them because "they're  ugly" , I'd tell people to drive one and then judge them.   Many of them became Flex owners. Some had multiples 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

After driving one and I'd hear people say they didn't like them because "they're  ugly" , I'd tell people to drive one and then judge them.   Many of them became Flex owners. Some had multiples 

My cousin drove the wheels off of hers. Like 180k when she traded it in. I drove it a few times and liked it. Lots of room in there.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

My cousin drove the wheels off of hers. Like 180k when she traded it in. I drove it a few times and liked it. Lots of room in there.

I sent that Bronco picture I sent you the other day to the wife and told her "your next vehicle"   She said yes in 2024 

The new Bronco would look good behind a nice 43’ tag axle diesel pusher.  

If the specs posted earlier in this thread are true it could replace the Wrangler as the toad of choice for RVrs. 

hopefully they can keep in at 5000lbs or under. 

Edited by AKIQPilot