Check your account email address ×

Bernie wants to implement a 25% “house flipping” tax

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are they flipping?  No, they hold long term and build new rentals and renovate older ones.  It's a long term strategy idiot.

Kill yourself

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are they flipping?  No, they hold long term and build new rentals and renovate older ones.  It's a long term strategy idiot.

Bullshit. The fuckheads buy and sell groups of properties among one another. It’s the buying power of these large investment groups that’s driving up prices of dwellings. If you’re one of them then you’re part of the homeless problem. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

So many experts yet nobody really knows what they are talking about. :lmao:

Funny....taxes that control what they think is bad behavior yet income or cg taxes won't change behavior in the same manner.

Best one:   Home flippers are a big cause of homelessness.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No it's not.  Many middle class small contractors buying properties to Reno and sell.  It's there livelyhood and they are far from being wealthy.  

What's next stocks, cause only the rich buy them.

It’s almost like stepping into the twilight zone in some of these threads.  Best to just watch the pigmen run around and set each others hair on fire.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So many experts yet nobody really knows what they are talking about. :lmao:

Funny....taxes that control what they think is bad behavior yet income or cg taxes won't change behavior in the same manner.

Best one home flippers are a big cause of homelessness.  :lmao:

Comical...almost.  DAF is what it is.

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Bullshit. The fuckheads buy and sell groups of properties among one another. It’s the buying power of these large investment groups that’s driving up prices of dwellings. If you’re one of them then you’re part of the homeless problem. 

Go back to fearing for the Coronavirus dipshit.:lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s almost like stepping into the twilight zone in some of these threads.  Best to just watch the pigmen run around and set each others hair on fire.

Comical...almost.  DAF is what it is.

Its painful to see some of the gross ignorance displayed here daily.

The irony is they are only shooting themselves by trying to prevent opportunities that the rich don't even waste their time with.  Ie, they are way beyond that.  

• Like 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Its painful to see some of the gross ignorance displayed here daily.

The irony is they are only shooting themselves by trying to prevent opportunities that the rich don't even waste their time with.  Ie, they are way beyond that.  

I literally don’t understand some of these comments.  Two people that I know here that flip houses and neither are rich.  In fact, they buy old crap houses that have been just destroyed and build them back to code.  I don’t think either one have ever gotten more than $90k for any of their homes.  The service they provide is a good one though.  Many of these houses were unlivable and wouldn’t pass inspection.  

buT, MuH BernZiE!!!!!!!!!

Idiots.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The Chinese love them some Southern California real estate. :lol: 

fucking dummy 

You might want to educate yourself a little and look at the real estate portfolios transaction summaries to see just how full of shit you are.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I literally don’t understand some of these comments.  Two people that I know here that flip houses and neither are rich.  In fact, they buy old crap houses that have been just destroyed and build them back to code.  I don’t think either one have ever gotten more than $90k for any of their homes.  The service they provide is a good one though.  Many of these houses were unlivable and wouldn’t pass inspection.  

buT, MuH BernZiE!!!!!!!!!

Idiots.

That situation is 1% of speculative home purchase 

quit being so fucking stupid

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That situation is 1% of speculative home purchase 

quit being so fucking stupid

Actually fix and flips a big part of the investment market and if you take those people out that housing stock doesn't get repaired 

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Actually fix and flips a big part of the investment market and if you take those people out that housing stock doesn't get repaired 

It a big deal here.  Our housing shortage is epic.  But that’s because we’ve been liberal run for so many years and they scare off housing developers with high taxes and fees.  Hell, many of these old homes are tax forfeits that are sold off to people that will fix them up so they don’t have to be torn down.  

To build a new home here...better pony up.  I got hosed like I couldn’t believe on my permit fees and when I went down to city hall to complain I was basically told they don’t want new homes built here, they want their old homes renovated.  50-70 years of a resident owner “handyman specials”. No thanks.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It a big deal here.  Our housing shortage is epic.  But that’s because we’ve been liberal run for so many years and they scare off housing developers with high taxes and fees.  Hell, many of these old homes are tax forfeits that are sold off to people that will fix them up so they don’t have to be torn down.  

To build a new home here...better pony up.  I got hosed like I couldn’t believe on my permit fees and when I went down to city hall to complain I was basically told they don’t want new homes built here, they want their old homes renovated.  50-70 years of a resident owner “handyman specials”. No thanks.

New builds here are over $300/sqft.  

6 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

You already pay plenty of taxes flipping a house 

This could cause people not to flip and now it's just another another empty eye sore in the neighborhood. Brilliant 

No serious high net worth investor, myself included wants to invest in companies that speculate in real estate.

Its a long term strategy and most of these companies also have limited redemptions (monthly/yearly).  That's a good thing.