Check your account email address ×

Tesla's Battery Costs Are Dropping Quickly

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d like to buy a Tesla. They are letting people charge electrics for free at work

I drive through the local hospital/clinic parking lot almost every morning. Teslas are multiplying like a virus there. Good judge of their popularity. 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Not really.  Shows the rich people buy them but that's already known. 

I don’t consider nurses, pt’s, and therapists rich. The physicians lot is still Porsche, bmw, and Mercedes. 

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d like to buy a Tesla. They are letting people charge electrics for free at work

How long is that going to last, and when that ends, what are the fees/costs going to be to recharge a vehicle? 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

How long is that going to last, and when that ends, what are the fees/costs going to be to recharge a vehicle? 

still cheep but the install at your home can be pretty steep in you have old service in your home now .

a lot of the city people get a quick slap up side the head when tbey find out they need a new line to the home a new panel and a charger .

if you have 100amp and enough room and pannel is in tbe garage a basic charger is less than a grand . and your sparky is making about 450 a hr tossing it in .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, irv said:

I’d say they are just looking the other way on it and only a few people do it 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Maybe , maybe not. Every parking spot has electric at it for block heaters. 

If you thought stealing cable was a thing, wait until everybody has a Tesla. lol

I’d have an extension cord right off your panel neighbor. lol

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

If you thought stealing cable was a thing, wait until everybody has a Tesla. lol

I’d have an extension cord right off your panel neighbor. lol

Tesla is going to put the other manus out of business. They are so far ahead

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well my electrition just got a new f350 platinum work truck  just off installs of home chargers . 

all you need is a 240 outlet.  A wall charger is a joke unless you want to control your charging from your phone.

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d say they are just looking the other way on it and only a few people do it 

That still doesn't answer my question. Eventually, as you should know, fees/rates/costs will need to be implemented. Just like it costs you to fuel your vehicles now, there is a cost associated with that. 

Just now, irv said:

That still doesn't answer my question. Eventually, as you should know, fees/rates/costs will need to be implemented. Just like it costs you to fuel your vehicles now, there is a cost associated with that. 

I have no idea what your question is

Just now, f7ben said:

I have no idea what your question is

You said your place of employment allows you to charge vehicles for free. My question is, once this free shit is over, which it eventually will be, what are these charging stations going to cost you to charge up your vehicle?

I'm not just talking about work places and the like, I'm talking about while being out on the road travelling, etc, when you have to pull in somewhere to get a charge, what is that cost going to be, or what is the cost now if there is one? 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

You said your place of employment allows you to charge vehicles for free. My question is, once this free shit is over, which it eventually will be, what are these charging stations going to cost you to charge up your vehicle?

I'm not just talking about work places and the like, I'm talking about while being out on the road travelling, etc, when you have to pull in somewhere to get a charge, what is that cost going to be, or what is the cost now if there is one? 

Tesla supercharging stations are free for Teslas ....you have to express it in a mpg equivalent I suppose. The Evs are cheaper than buying gas at normal electric rates

3 minutes ago, irv said:

For the foreseeable future there’s going to be opportunities for free charging in some locales. Conversely there’s no free gasoline available. I doubt there’s anyone that’s planning to buy a EV based on availability of free charging. That’s simply a little perk 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tesla supercharging stations are free for Teslas ....you have to express it in a mpg equivalent I suppose. The Evs are cheaper than buying gas at normal electric rates

I can assume their chargers only work on Tesla's? 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

For the foreseeable future there’s going to be opportunities for free charging in some locales. Conversely there’s no free gasoline available. I doubt there’s anyone that’s planning to buy a EV based on availability of free charging. That’s simply a little perk 

So currently, if you pull off the hwy at a charging station, the charge is free to charge up your EV? I foresee, just like it is now with gas stations, a fee/cost will be administered and one will have no choice to pay whatever the going rate is if they want to carry on with their journey.

No electrical company is going to work for free. Is there any talk of what future charging rates are going to be? Also, how long does it take, currently, to charge one's vehicle up if they are looking for a full charge?