Check your account email address ×

Tesla's Battery Costs Are Dropping Quickly

Just now, BOHICA said:

You garage your car at work????

Your 1000lbs of batteries cool off in violation of thermal physical properties?

If that 1000lbs of mass leaves your garage warm it ain’t cooling off to under 32f in a matter of a few hours

kill yourself

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Your 1000lbs of batteries cool off in violation of thermal physical properties?

If that 1000lbs of mass leaves your garage warm it ain’t cooling off to under 32f in a matter of a few hours

kill yourself

You sit at work for 8 hours in a Minnesota winter your battery will easily cool off to ambient....   Requiring more power then is available at 110 volt outlet.  SBYL

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

You sit at work for 8 hours in a Minnesota winter your battery will easily cool off to ambient....   Requiring more power then is available at 110 volt outlet.  SBYL

Well it seems like for 2 months per year I’d need to charge in the garage then

congrats moron

• Gold Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Well it seems like for 2 months per year I’d need to charge in the garage then

congrats moron

What about when the battery is warm...  middle of summer???  Tesla has an AC compressor and fans and pumps to circulate coolant.  What is the draw to keep a battery from over heating?  My plug in the fans and coolant system would eat up a 110 outlet capacity just cooling the battery.
 Plug in a Tesla in the summer and just listen what happens it’s not silent FYI...

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are talking about a 110v power source dummy. A super charging station would be significantly faster. 

So, with one of these "Super duper charging stations" located every 300 miles away on my destination route and having to charge roughly 10 times, taking an hour each time, I guess I had better plan and make sure I have enough money to be able to afford to take an extra week of vacation time just to get there, not to mention I will also need to come home and do this all again on the way back. And you call me a moron?? :lol:

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

What about when the battery is warm...  middle of summer???  Tesla has an AC compressor and fans and pumps to circulate coolant.  What is the draw to keep a battery from over heating?  My plug in the fans and coolant system would eat up a 110 outlet capacity just cooling the battery.
 Plug in a Tesla in the summer and just listen what happens it’s not silent FYI...

It’s very rarely above upper 70s in summer. It would hardly be an issue

Just now, irv said:

So, with one of these "Super duper charging stations" located every 300 miles away on my destination route and having to charge roughly 10 times, taking an hour each time, I guess I had better plan and make sure I have enough money to be able to afford to take an extra week of vacation time just to get there, not to mention I will also need to come home and do this all again on the way back. And you call me a moron?? :lol:

Well if you are driving 3000 miles then yes you should plan accordingly you fucking retard. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It’s very rarely above upper 70s in summer. It would hardly be an issue

:lol:Fuck me. What about those places and times that it is? Global warming, dude. Don't you know the norm is going to be 90 to 100 degrees soon and that global warming is the real reason behind these EV's and the like? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

:lol:Fuck me. What about those places and times that it is? Global warming, dude. Don't you know the norm is going to be 90 to 100 degrees soon and that global warming is the real reason behind these EV's and the like? 

Elon musk is the one who is laughing. 

Just now, irv said:

We are talking about 110v 15 amp receptacles. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well if you are driving 3000 miles then yes you should plan accordingly you fucking retard. 

It's under 2,000 you dumb fuck and can be done in 20 to 24 hours if driving straight through. 

Question. Have you always been this ignorant and stupid or has Barb rubber off on you? 

Just now, irv said:

It's under 2,000 you dumb fuck and can be done in 20 to 24 hours if driving straight through. 

Question. Have you always been this ignorant and stupid or has Barb rubber off on you? 

How am I ignorant? Lots of people do this everyday but you keep trying to come up with excuses why things can't be done. Tesla is on Pace to become the largest car company in the world and you don't like it. Sounds like that is your problem, not mine. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hardly.....should I take pics of a Tesla plugged in tomorrow at work?

Go ask the said owner what they are drawing and the mph they are gaining off that outlet.

prolly get a little charge and climate controlled interior for the Minnesota winter

Just now, BOHICA said:

Go ask the said owner what they are drawing and the mph they are gaining off that outlet.

prolly get a little charge and climate controlled interior for the Minnesota winter

Sounds like they are getting free charging at work. 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: it’s fucking retard hour 24/7

Yes, thanks for providing that for us. Laughs daily from you is much appreciated. :bc:

Just now, BOHICA said:

Well it’s been at or above 32 for most of the last 2 weeks so I’d say he’s getting about 1.8kw off it currently 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

How am I ignorant? Lots of people do this everyday but you keep trying to come up with excuses why things can't be done. Tesla is on Pace to become the largest car company in the world and you don't like it. Sounds like that is your problem, not mine. 

Claiming it is 3,000 miles when it's actually less than 2 then trying to tell me and others here how great all this is going to be when it has already been shown how much of a shit show it is actually going to be. 

Good for Tesla. I couldn't care less one way or another if they are going to be the largest car company on the planet, I just think their dreams and ideals are a joke that are being lapped up by the sheep all thinking this is going to be the best way to move forward while saving the planet. It's crazy is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Hey Ezra retard....

A standard model 3 would take 31 hrs to charge fully in a 15 amp 110v outlet

now kill yourself you fucking dullard

now go play in the real world 

I know people with them have had electrition to there home becuse tge y also thought between there theoretical 24 mi charg at work there 30 mi charge at home off 110 and a stop now and again at a charger would be enough . guess,what never is . and they are all willing to pay what ever extra it takes to get moved up on the list for a 40 amp outlet 

Just now, irv said:

Claiming it is 3,000 miles when it's actually less than 2 then trying to tell me and others here how great all this is going to be when it has already been shown how much of a shit show it is actually going to be. 

Good for Tesla. I couldn't care less one way or another if they are going to be the largest car company on the planet, I just think their dreams and ideals are a joke that are being lapped up by the sheep all thinking this is going to be the best way to move forward while saving the planet. It's crazy is what it is. 

Man you're triggered 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

now go play in the real world 

I know people with them have had electrition to there home becuse tge y also thought between there theoretical 24 mi charg at work there 30 mi charge at home off 110 and a stop now and again at a charger would be enough . guess,what never is . and they are all willing to pay what ever extra it takes to get moved up on the list for a 40 amp outlet 

So what are you crying about?