Check your account email address ×

Tesla's Battery Costs Are Dropping Quickly

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but those are only 110 . it takes weeks to charge a tesla with 110 . almost usless 

No it doesn’t you retard. I’m a fucking electrician. I know exactly how long it takes. You can get 1.8kw per hour out of a 15 amp receptacle. That means about a 20% charge in a typical Tesla battery bank in 8 hrs. That’s more range than my round trip commute

Edited by f7ben

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No it doesn’t you retard. I’m a fucking electrician. I know exactly how long it takes. You can get 1.8kw per hour out of a 15 amp receptacle. That means about a 20% charge in a typical Tesla battery bank in 8 hrs. That’s more range than my round trip commute

bull shit 

47 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tesla supercharging stations are free for Teslas ....you have to express it in a mpg equivalent I suppose. The Evs are cheaper than buying gas at normal electric rates

No they are not. They charge for the 3 and y. The s and x depend on when bought. 

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey Ezra retard....

A standard model 3 would take 31 hrs to charge fully in a 15 amp 110v outlet

now kill yourself you fucking dullard

You have charging losses and also battery heating a cooling or heating to account for based on temp.  In Cold temps you may not get any range on 110 charging and also hot weather...  or way slower then you think while charging at 110.

Now kill yourself!

Edited by BOHICA

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So, going on a trip and having a destination that is a long ways away will be impossible on a fully charged EV/Tesla without having to stop every 300 miles or less looking for a charge then waiting a day and a half or more for my EV to be fully charged. Then at another 300 miles or less, I get to do it all over again? Sounds awesome!  :news:

2 minutes ago, irv said:

So, going on a trip and having a destination that is a long ways away will be impossible on a fully charged EV/Tesla without having to stop every 300 miles or less looking for a charge then waiting a day and a half or more for my EV to be fully charged. Then at another 300 miles or less, I get to do it all over again? Sounds awesome!  :news:

It’s not for long commutes dummy. I have a 38 mile round trip drive daily

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You have charging losses and also battery heating a cooling or heating to account for based on temp.  In Cold temps you may not get any range on 110 charging and also hot weather...  or way slower then you think while charging at 110.

Now kill yourself!

Bullshit , jump on a Tesla forum. Owners report charging their 40kw units in 24 hours on 110v. Very little losses there

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It’s not for long commutes dummy. I have a 38 mile round trip drive daily

No shit, Sherlock, but what about longer drives? Is it not the goal of the alarmist/liberals to eliminate oil and gas dependency fully and eventually have everyone in EV's, or am I just confused and everything I have heard to date, about being oil and gas free by 2050 or less just banter? 

Just now, irv said:

No shit, Sherlock, but what about longer drives? Is it not the goal of the alarmist/liberals to eliminate oil and gas dependency fully and eventually have everyone in EV's, or am I just confused and everything I have heard to date, about being oil and gas free by 2050 or less just banter? 

Battery tech in 2050 will make today look like caveman shit

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit , jump on a Tesla forum. Owners report charging their 40kw units in 24 hours on 110v. Very little losses there

Tesla won’t charge a cold battery.  That is why the Tesla battery has heaters.  Look it up.  Just to heat the batteries at freezing temps 110 doesn’t have the snort.  Tesla’s battery heaters draw way more then a 110 will put out...  Tesla has a temp threshold of the battery where they will allow it to charge.

Look it up you fucking uneducated idiot.

i have a plug-in vehicle FYI....

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Tesla won’t charge a cold battery.  That is why the Tesla battery has heaters.  Look it up.  Just to heat the batteries at freezing temps 110 doesn’t have the snort.  Tesla’s battery heaters draw way more then a 110 will put out...  Tesla has a temp threshold of the battery where they will allow it to charge.

Kill yourself

Just now, f7ben said:

Battery tech in 2050 will make today look like caveman shit

Well, it's good to have hope, but I think you're out to lunch if you think EV's will be capable of driving 1,000 or more miles on a single charge and that charge not taking any less than a full day to recharge.

Soon we'll have electric planes that can fly all the way to Europe too I assume? 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Well, it's good to have hope, but I think you're out to lunch if you think EV's will be capable of driving 1,000 or more miles on a single charge and that charge not taking any less than a full day to recharge.

Soon we'll have electric planes that can fly all the way to Europe too I assume? 

Good god man don’t be so short sighted 

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Tesla batteries require no heat at 32f and above. If you garage your car they would never fall below 32f in 8 hours even on the coldest days. 

17 minutes ago, irv said:

We are talking about a 110v power source dummy. A super charging station would be significantly faster. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Good god man don’t be so short sighted 

Excuse me for being a pessimist, but the shit I've heard about for the last 30 yrs that hasn't come true, I really doubt EV's are going to progress to such a level that I'll be able to drive or fly to Florida in a EV or on a EV plane. 

Hopefully you can say I told you so when I'm 80 yrs old?

• Gold Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Kill yourself

You are fucking stupid if you think you can charge a Tesla on 110 in a Minnesota winter....  the fucking battery heater on a Tesla 3 are 6kw....  Tesla won’t let you charge a hot or cold battery.   not sure how much the Tesla cooling fans and pumps for the battery pull on the hot but it’s more then 110.

much below freezing you are going to discharge the battery while plugged in on 110 to heat the battery until it reaches charge temp and then it has to maintain that temp and 1.5-1.8 kw won’t maintain that that temp on a Tesla battery in the winter.

you better have a year round 50-60 degree climate controled parking spot if you expect to get any meaningful range in the dead of winter or middle of summer.

just put yourself out of your misery!!!

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tesla batteries require no heat at 32f and above. If you garage your car they would never fall below 32f in 8 hours even on the coldest days. 

You garage your car at work????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

Excuse me for being a pessimist, but the shit I've heard about for the last 30 yrs that hasn't come true, I really doubt EV's are going to progress to such a level that I'll be able to drive or fly to Florida in a EV or on a EV plane. 

Hopefully you can say I told you so when I'm 80 yrs old?

You can supercharge a Tesla currently in under an hour. Now that’s not ideal for 300 miles but it’s not bad