Check your account email address ×

What I learned on FSCE today !!!

f7ben

14 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I never understood that. If you have so much money wrapped up into sleds, why not do everything you can to go and ride regardless of where you live instead of waiting for the local trails to be ok when you can ride? 

I drive where ever, regardless of if I have rideable snow or not to ride with buddies. Shit I’d drive up to the iron range and the north shore every other weekend if snow isn’t good in WI. 

Sled poor.

• Like 1

Best bet is to buy low mileage used with 2-3 years of warranty left if you want new iron. I saved 4k+ buying my xrs and I got 3 years of warranty transferable to me, and I can sell it for damn near what I paid with 1500 more miles. 

Edited by thewayout

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep I think I'm done. 

Prolly the single best thing I done was quit sledding in 2013.  told myself I would just rent whenever I had the desire......  Maybe a couple times a year I thought.  I have yet to rent a sled and don’t think I ever will.  So much more enjoyable places to be then where it has snow.

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Prolly the single best thing I done was quit sledding in 2013.  told myself I would just rent whenever I had the desire......  Maybe a couple times a year I thought.  I have yet to rent a sled and don’t think I ever will.  So much more enjoyable places to be then where it has snow.

You sound like someone who doesn't have a good group to ride with.  I have a group (including bent, joel, analer, ballsack) of 8+ people i could ride with any given weekend. 

It must suck to ride by yourself or with your wife all the time, id probably quit too. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

You sound like someone who doesn't have a good group to ride with.  I have a group (including bent, joel, analer, ballsack) of 8+ people i could ride with any given weekend. 

It must suck to ride by yourself or with your wife all the time, id probably quit too. 

We had plenty in our mountain riding group.  Family, friends and co-workers.  Many still ride but it’s getting less and less.  I hate snow.  Don’t really consider trail riding much of an adventure even when I rode.

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

We had plenty in our mountain riding group.  Family, friends and co-workers.  Many still ride but it’s getting less and less.  I hate snow.

Well if you dont like snow then I can see why you dont like snowmobiling :lol: 

This winter was so great. Probably one of my best riding years in terms of enjoyment that Ive had.  Every ride was 15+ degrees all weekend, tons of different places, great snow all over... I just cant imagine not riding.  Its too much fun to say fuck it, all because of a little snow and money. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

We had plenty in our mountain riding group.  Family, friends and co-workers.  Many still ride but it’s getting less and less.  I hate snow.  Don’t really consider trail riding much of an adventure even when I rode.

Where do you live again?

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Boise rarely gets snow.  Mountains get dumped on.

you ain't kidding, a friend of mine lives in Meredith just outside Boise,  he tells me he would be lucky to see 8 inches of snow total for the season and anything above 12" is very rare.  

13 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

It's what the smart people are doing.  Took my sled spending and I'm in the Bahamas right now. It's a chilly 69 but I'll take that over 10 degrees up north 

And no bikini pics posted yet?  :flush: SMH :bigfinger: :finger:

13 hours ago, Edmo said:

I totally get it. My friends that I’ve been riding with for 30 years turned into a bunch of drunks. Seems to be going from bar to bar is the new routine. The last couple winters has limited the adventures to mostly local loops. Getting closer to selling the cabin, but I’ll keep the sleds.

You've got my # :dunno: all you gotta do is LMK before Wednesday so I can schedule time off 👍🏼

12 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I don't have anyone to ride with but my other half. Unfortunately this year she decided to fracture her knee cap and pull some ligaments in her arm just before there was enough snow to ride. So she hasn't and probably won't even be able to ride once this year. 

I had a buddy that was out here for a month and was supposed to be here for a lot longer but his life changed and he had to go back home to Ontario.

So I have two sleds with maybe a combined 500 kms on them this year. Things are also starting to warm up considerably around here now. Probably just a fools spring but it has done quite a bit of damage to the snow.

I have managed to convince my brother and sister in law's to come ride my sleds with me Saturday and Sunday. First time either of them have ever been on a snowmobile trail. Neither have ever owned a snowmobile in their lives. Should be interesting lol.

But that is exactly why I drive older sleds. If they sit and don't get much use, it isn't a big deal. They won't really depreciate any more. 

Mine hates winter. But then yesterday she tells me she would be all for it to keep me from quitting what I love doing.  Maybe sell the TNT and get a Grand Touring LTD 600r or 900t for us for the times she wants to go?  :dunno:

11 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Sounds familiar. I sold a enclosed 4 place, 2 sleds and a 2002 F250 in 2006 for the same reasons. Kept 2 older/cheaper sleds at the cabin for years so we could ride some if we got decent snow. :bc:

If I had a place of my own in the UP , would be a different story. 

11 hours ago, thewayout said:

I never understood that. If you have so much money wrapped up into sleds, why not do everything you can to go and ride regardless of where you live instead of waiting for the local trails to be ok when you can ride? 

I drive where ever, regardless of if I have rideable snow or not to ride with buddies. Shit I’d drive up to the iron range and the north shore every other weekend if snow isn’t good in WI. 

Our "local trails" for me are an hour away.  And they haven't been rideable this year at all unfortunately. When they did get snow the ground was either to soft or once they started working the snow , the temps went up and the snow went to shit.  It's not about the drive either. I have no problem driving if it's for great snow and the time there would be worth it.  My kid is doing an apprenticeship, and his only time off is Saturday and Sunday.  It's a waste of time and $ for me to drive 5 hours N on Friday night or Saturday morning to come home Sunday.  If I'm going to do that it's either going to be Saturday to Monday or Tuesday and come home late.  My one buddy says he's buying a '21 MXZ XRS but I'm not holding my breath.  I told him about going this weekend leaving in Saturday night then riding Sunday thru Wednesday, possibly Friday and he says his buddy from work wants to go to and he has to be home by Monday.  So then I'm like, WTF does your buddy from work have to do with anything? My kid has Spring break next week and his boss told him if he wanted a few days off unpaid he could.  So next thing I know, my "buddy" and his buddy from work are leaving for the UP Thursday. Oh so fuck me then I see. Have fun riding with your butt buddy from work from now on. This is after I've done all kinds of work on his sled the past 2 years. And being courteous to schedule trips to work around his kids. And to have him cancel more than once too.  That's the thanks I get. 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Also sleds have been good for a decade now. You don’t have to have 25k in the garage to ride good iron. You can spend 5k in a sled and have 95% of what the new iron offers

Everything is paid for.  Has nothing to do with anything and not the point. My point was I could put that money to better use than to have it just sitting in the garage doing nothing.  I've already told the wife to call the CU and cancel my loan. I'm not going to do a pole barn anymore to keep all this shit in. No point in it if I'm gonna sell everything. 

10 hours ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Sled poor.

I pay cash for my toys, so that doesn't apply to me at all. 

10 hours ago, thewayout said:

Valid point

Except it doesn't apply to me. 

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

That's what I was thinking.

The wife enjoys the outdoors whether it's fishing , ice fishing , atv"n , sledding , boating , sitting around a campfire etc etc. We've talked about giving something up as we're getting older and she says not until we can't do it anymore or were in a pine box. I agree it's alot to have tied up in toys and a waste of money but you have to live somewhat. We don't want to sit around wasting away looking out the window with nothing to do.

18 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The wife enjoys the outdoors whether it's fishing , ice fishing , atv"n , sledding , boating , sitting around a campfire etc etc. We've talked about giving something up as we're getting older and she says not until we can't do it anymore or were in a pine box. I agree it's alot to have tied up in toys and a waste of money but you have to live somewhat. We don't want to sit around wasting away looking out the window with nothing to do.

You are lucky.  Mine is a city girl through and through.  We’re gonna end up with two residences.  One will be a cabin in the deep woods and the other will be some luxury condo or some shit in town.  I can’t wait to see how it works out.  I can count on one hand how many days I will be at that fucking condo.  

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You are lucky.  Mine is a city girl through and through.  We’re gonna end up with two residences.  One will be a cabin in the deep woods and the other will be some luxury condo or some shit in town.  I can’t wait to see how it works out.  I can count on one hand how many days I will be at that fucking condo.  

I trained the wife when she was 17 lol. Muscle cars, fishing and the outdoors. Not too many women will sit in the car up on the hoist reading a book while I changed the clutch in the SS Camaro I had at the time lol

• Haha 1