Check your account email address ×

What I learned on FSCE today !!!

f7ben

Just now, Kev144 said:

Shit winters?

A combination of a lot of things. Getting tired of chasing snow and people not being able to commit to go. And then canceling when they do commit to go. Awesome conditions when I can't go, then shit conditions when I can go. Like this weekend and next for example. Awesome right now, will be shit next week starting Monday. Trails will be garbage once again by Thursday.  A lot of $ to be tied up just sitting 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

A combination of a lot of things. Getting tired of chasing snow and people not being able to commit to go. And then canceling when they do commit to go. Awesome conditions when I can't go, then shit conditions when I can go. Like this weekend and next for example. Awesome right now, will be shit next week starting Monday. Trails will be garbage once again by Thursday.  A lot of $ to be tied up just sitting 

Damn that sucks but I get it. 

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I totally get it. My friends that I’ve been riding with for 30 years turned into a bunch of drunks. Seems to be going from bar to bar is the new routine. The last couple winters has limited the adventures to mostly local loops. Getting closer to selling the cabin, but I’ll keep the sleds.

I don't have anyone to ride with but my other half. Unfortunately this year she decided to fracture her knee cap and pull some ligaments in her arm just before there was enough snow to ride. So she hasn't and probably won't even be able to ride once this year. 

I had a buddy that was out here for a month and was supposed to be here for a lot longer but his life changed and he had to go back home to Ontario.

So I have two sleds with maybe a combined 500 kms on them this year. Things are also starting to warm up considerably around here now. Probably just a fools spring but it has done quite a bit of damage to the snow.

I have managed to convince my brother and sister in law's to come ride my sleds with me Saturday and Sunday. First time either of them have ever been on a snowmobile trail. Neither have ever owned a snowmobile in their lives. Should be interesting lol.

But that is exactly why I drive older sleds. If they sit and don't get much use, it isn't a big deal. They won't really depreciate any more. 

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Sounds familiar. I sold a enclosed 4 place, 2 sleds and a 2002 F250 in 2006 for the same reasons. Kept 2 older/cheaper sleds at the cabin for years so we could ride some if we got decent snow. :bc:

• Like 1

I never understood that. If you have so much money wrapped up into sleds, why not do everything you can to go and ride regardless of where you live instead of waiting for the local trails to be ok when you can ride? 

I drive where ever, regardless of if I have rideable snow or not to ride with buddies. Shit I’d drive up to the iron range and the north shore every other weekend if snow isn’t good in WI. 

Edited by thewayout
  • Like 2

Just now, f7ben said:

Also sleds have been good for a decade now. You don’t have to have 25k in the garage to ride good iron. You can spend 5k in a sled and have 95% of what the new iron offers

Riding a Barney 4 stroke is not 95% of what a G4 or axys offer. Sbyl faggot!!

Just now, thewayout said:

Riding a Barney 4 stroke is not 95% of what a G4 or axys offer. Sbyl faggot!!

You’re right..... it’s way more

youre gay ass 160hp sled is 20 lengths behind in a race :lol:

Not when a stump or river gets in your way it’s not!!!

Also the Barney with the seat all the way up is closer to axys ergos than the g4

i rode all 3 back to back. The g4 is more of a sit down position than my barney

They are so fucking ugly only cat would release it. Fuck I almost puked when I saw a few parked at a bar last weekend. I could’ve parked next to them but thought of Ben and decided it’s best to stay far away from those combusting contraptions!! 

They are so fucking ugly only cat would release it. Fuck I almost puked when I saw a few parked at a bar last weekend. I could’ve parked next to them but thought of Ben and decided it’s best to stay far away from those combusting contraptions!! 

They are really ugly....the g4 is fugly too

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Also the Barney with the seat all the way up is closer to axys ergos than the g4

i rode all 3 back to back. The g4 is more of a sit down position than my barney

The xrs sits a bit higher so it helped me bridge the gap.

11 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I never understood that. If you have so much money wrapped up into sleds, why not do everything you can to go and ride regardless of where you live instead of waiting for the local trails to be ok when you can ride? 

I drive where ever, regardless of if I have rideable snow or not to ride with buddies. Shit I’d drive up to the iron range and the north shore every other weekend if snow isn’t good in WI. 

Ride or die!

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

The seat? I didn’t notice much difference ergo wise on the xrs

Ride height helps on the xrs to make it feel taller. People say the xrs G4 is tippy, I’m used to the axys so it was an easy transition for me. For the people used to the bar stool seat low rider doos they sure feel weird