Check your account email address ×

Is the best laptop on the market?

• Platinum Contributing Member

With options its really a question that cannot be answered in such a broad scope.   We've had outstanding luck with Dell portable workstations for 15+ years now.  

I got a HP that I use at home that I do not like at all.  

I picked up a Lenovo Legion a few months ago. I got the i7 processor and 8b of ram. I have another 8gb to add but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll  get it in before I do any 4k video editing. 

• Like 2

Just now, ckf said:

I picked up a Lenovo Legion a few months ago. I got the i7 processor and 8b of ram. I have another 8gb to add but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll  get it in before I do any 4k video editing. 

Did ya ever see that driftdusters wanting a drone due post ?Do it ?

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

With options its really a question that cannot be answered in such a broad scope.   We've had outstanding luck with Dell portable workstations for 15+ years now.  

I got a HP that I use at home that I do not like at all.  

Dells were great at our company. I used my IPad more around the plant than a cumbersome laptop.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Dells were great at our company. I used my IPad more around the plant than a cumbersome laptop.

Apples are OK for some business applications but non-existent for high end engineering software applications.

I just bought a new HP elite something laptop, that runs on the latest version of explorer.  Touch screen and upgraded RAM and clock speed.  So far so good.  Have about 300 spotify tunes and 20 netflix movies downloaded for camp which is nice.  What I think is a fucking joke is how they want u to pay a monthly charge now for Microsoft Office.  Gmafb.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

the only negative to the carbon is the cord plug in.  I have one in need of a repair because of how it attached.  Magnetic cable like Apple used would be best but even they stopped.  

I'm back on my old T430S right now, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  Both IMO are tougher and better than the work HP i have.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I just bought a new HP elite something laptop, that runs on the latest version of explorer.  Touch screen and upgraded RAM and clock speed.  So far so good.  Have about 300 spotify and 20 netflix movies downloaded for camp which is nice.  What I think is a fucking joke is how they want u to pay a monthly charge now for Microsoft Office.  Gmafb.

just run googledocs for any word processing needs.  I remote into the work system where my office is if needed.  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I just bought a new HP elite something laptop, that runs on the latest version of explorer.  Touch screen and upgraded RAM and clock speed.  So far so good.  Have about 300 spotify tunes and 20 netflix movies downloaded for camp which is nice.  What I think is a fucking joke is how they want u to pay a monthly charge now for Microsoft Office.  Gmafb.

Yeah when your subscription runs out they limit the features you have until you reup. Fuck Microsoft, that's one of the main reasons I'm going back to apple when my Lenovo shits the bed.

8 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah when your subscription runs out they limit the features you have until you reup. Fuck Microsoft, that's one of the main reasons I'm going back to apple when my Lenovo shits the bed.

I would have been all over another Macbook pro, but my company wont let me use my expense account money for one.  They take $ from my check and I have to claw it back.  I can buy any ipad or a number of laptops but no macbooks.  Not sure why, just that it is.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I would have been all over another Macbook pro, but my company wont let me use my expense account money for one.  They take $ from my check and I have to claw it back.  I can buy any ipad or a number of laptops but no macbooks.  Not sure why, just that it is.

Easier IT if everyone has the same stuff, maybe?