Check your account email address ×

Where Are These 12,000 Factories?

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

When faced with facts of outright bold Trump lies (daily) Highmark resorts to a 3 year old. 

So what's calling someone pigshit?   :lol:  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Edmo said:

In case you guys haven’t noticed our politicians are full of shit, every single one of them. I think trump’s an idiot - but he’s still 10x better than the fools running on the other side of the isle. It’s not even close.

Exactly! Not one ever has been perfect both up here and south of the border but when one looks at the alternative(s), sometimes the one already holding power is, by far, the much better choice.

For those that don't believe that I suggest they look at the imbecile we have in charge up here and just imagine how much worse it could be.

trudiot81.jpeg

• Haha 1

CNY Fab just built a new factory, Ferris just built a new factory, Raymond just built a new factory, Braun just built a new factory, Lockheed Martin just had a huge expansion, C&S distribution just built a new place here..Just a few things I see right around my house in the past year.. All the steel mills are back up and running in my area as they were all set to close or run skeleton crews..There is a huge Greenhouse being built in Wampsville, exterior walls look to be around a half mile long, I dont know the company that owns it though. Things are good around here.

One thing I am seeing a lot of small business close up shop, mostly due to owners aging out and the kids dont want anything to do with business, sad, some were really successful. Ive lost 10 good solid customers due to them just wanting to retire and nobody wanted to buy the business.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Net gains

So 499,000 new mfg jobs added divided by say 40 jobs per mfg facility = 12,475 "new factories."   Politicians extrapolate numbers out like this all the time.  :lol:  

The average manufacturing establishment was home to 35.3 jobs in 2012, according to EMSI's 2013.2 dataset. That's larger than retail trade (14.4 jobs per establishment), finance and insurance (11.9), and the average size across all industries (15.7 jobs, as the following chart from the BLS shows).Apr 24, 2013

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 2

Here is another way to look at it.   In 2016 there were about 249,500 mfg factories in the US.   12,000 add since then in 17-19 is 4.8% or 1.6% per year.   Why is that such a ridiculous number?    Well its not because idiots who respond don't understand the data.     

https://www.nam.org/state-manufacturing-data/2019-united-states-manufacturing-facts/

Look at the surge in 17 in figure 1.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

Remember when GM said they were closing plants in the U.S. and Trump said just wait a minute?

GM stock plummeted and they did an about face and retracted their plan. That, imo, is the sign of a good leader who cares about his people and their livelihoods. Unlike our idiot up here, just like Obama said, those jobs were gone forever, our idiot just let them walk away.

Now look at GM go and all the jobs they retained and/or created. Not sure how this wouldn't make citizens in the U.S. happy but I guess, due to their TDS, they can't see the forest for the trees?  

We have businesses leaving this country in droves and moving to the States. Encana, Trans Canada Pipelines and Bombardier to name a few. Of course all those jobs in those fields are also gone unless the people employed by them choose to move to Texas and other places who are crying for more help/employees. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but the last time I checked having its citizens gainfully employed is a good thing. :news: 

Energy exodus: The incentives in Texas luring Canadian oil and gas companies south

https://globalnews.ca/news/6245656/texas-luring-canadian-oil-gas-workers/

GM investing $3 billion to produce all-electric trucks, autonomous vehicles

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/27/gm-investing-3-billion-to-produce-all-electric-trucks.html

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So 499,000 new mfg jobs added divided by say 40 jobs per mfg facility = 12,475 "new factories."   Politicians extrapolate numbers out like this all the time.  :lol:  

The average manufacturing establishment was home to 35.3 jobs in 2012, according to EMSI's 2013.2 dataset. That's larger than retail trade (14.4 jobs per establishment), finance and insurance (11.9), and the average size across all industries (15.7 jobs, as the following chart from the BLS shows).Apr 24, 2013

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Here is another way to look at it.   In 2016 there were about 249,500 mfg factories in the US.   12,000 add since then in 17-19 is 4.8% or 1.6% per year.   Why is that such a ridiculous number.   

https://www.nam.org/state-manufacturing-data/2019-united-states-manufacturing-facts/

Look at the surge in 17 in figure 1.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why is Jimmy Snacks triggered every time Trump tweets?  :dunno:

its not just tweets. he gets triggered just do to the fact that trump breathes the same air as him. He aint the only one. Its a exclusive club

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

He likes to talk and likes to exaggerate, this we know. Not to mention he’s running for president. Does this really surprise you?

or straight up lie.  Liars should be called out when they lie instead the Trumpers will just gargle his nuts 

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

or straight up lie.  Liars should be called out when they lie instead the Trumpers will just gargle his nuts 

Well if your going to say he’s lying how about link up something that shows how many new factories were built. :dunno: I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You know that’s close to Obama numbers right?

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You know that’s close to Obama numbers right?

I do not believe you are correct MC.   Might want to research your claim.  :lol:  

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/obamas-record-on-manufacturing-jobs/

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said that 805,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since President Barack Obama has been in office. In fact, there has been a net loss of 303,000 manufacturing jobs since January 2009.

Earnest made the statement during a press briefing on Nov. 30. Carrier, a heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration company, earlier that day had announced a deal with President-elect Donald Trump so that the company would “continue to manufacture gas furnaces in Indianapolis, in addition to retaining engineering and headquarters staff, preserving more than 1,000 jobs.”

Earnest called the announcement “good news,” but claimed that Trump would have to make another 804 deals like that to equal the number of manufacturing jobs created while Obama has been president.

In the last 30 months of President Obama’s term, manufacturing employment grew by 185,000 or 1.5%. In President Trump’s first 30 months, manufacturers added 499,000 jobs, expanding by 4.0%. In the same 30-month time span during the mature, post-recovery phase of the business cycle, some 314,000 more manufacturing jobs were added under Trump than under Obama, a 170% advantage.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1