Check your account email address ×

Where Are These 12,000 Factories?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why is Jimmy Snacks triggered every time Trump tweets?  :dunno:

Why are you such an ankle biter when I post...can you show me where these 12,000 new factories are or not? 
I mean that’s an impressive number for 3 years!!!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why are you such an ankle biter when I post...can you show me where these 12,000 new factories are or not? 

ironic post of the year

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

:news:  Oops.  

In terms of new factories, the most recent statistics are for the second quarter of 2019.

And compared with when President Trump took office, in 2017, there were roughly 12,000 more manufacturing establishments.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51192999

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:news:  Oops.  

In terms of new factories, the most recent statistics are for the second quarter of 2019.

And compared with when President Trump took office, in 2017, there were roughly 12,000 more manufacturing establishments.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51192999

I read it and yes the number is correct. It also said most are small with less than 5 employees but 12,000 is 12,000. They also the numbers started to increase starting in 2013.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I read it and yes the number is correct. It also said most are small with less than 5 employees but 12,000 is 12,000. They also the numbers started to increase starting in 2013.

Coming out of the hole we were in there was nowhere to go but up.   Honestly Obama didn't really do much policy wise to help mfg.   If he did I'm wrong but I'd love to see which policy that was.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Coming out of the hole we were in there was nowhere to go but up.   Honestly Obama didn't really do much policy wise to help mfg.   If he did I'm wrong but I'd love to see which policy that was.  

I was just quoting the article you posted.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh but......  

I think what we forget is the amount of information that comes across a President's desk every single day.   Trump could be a lot more accurate if he would just stay on script because the speechwriters should be using verified data.   I think Trump at most times feeds off a crowds energy then even if he has a teleprompter free wheels.  This gets him in trouble because he exaggerates so much.  Honestly its by far his worst quality.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I think what we forget is the amount of information that comes across a President's desk every single day.   Trump could be a lot more accurate if he would just stay on script because the speechwriters should be using verified data.   I think Trump at most times feeds off a crowds energy then even if he has a teleprompter free wheels.  This gets him in trouble because he exaggerates so much.  Honestly its by far his worst quality.  

:iagree:

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah and you had nothing but insults and another bogus thread prior to Highmark linking the article.  

Well let’s look at that shall we...technically 12,000 is correct but when you consider that a “factory” could be one guy in a garage making whatever you have to admit the claim is misleading. As for insults quit crying as I take them as much as I give them. 
BTW let me reiterate yet again that I think small business is tremendous and the lifeblood of many communities.

Lastly I would be willing to bet that most here and at Trumps rally weren’t thinking of “factories” as facilities with less than 5 people employed.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

I do not believe you are correct MC.   Might want to research your claim.  :lol:  

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/obamas-record-on-manufacturing-jobs/

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said that 805,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since President Barack Obama has been in office. In fact, there has been a net loss of 303,000 manufacturing jobs since January 2009.

Earnest made the statement during a press briefing on Nov. 30. Carrier, a heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration company, earlier that day had announced a deal with President-elect Donald Trump so that the company would “continue to manufacture gas furnaces in Indianapolis, in addition to retaining engineering and headquarters staff, preserving more than 1,000 jobs.”

Earnest called the announcement “good news,” but claimed that Trump would have to make another 804 deals like that to equal the number of manufacturing jobs created while Obama has been president.

In the last 30 months of President Obama’s term, manufacturing employment grew by 185,000 or 1.5%. In President Trump’s first 30 months, manufacturers added 499,000 jobs, expanding by 4.0%. In the same 30-month time span during the mature, post-recovery phase of the business cycle, some 314,000 more manufacturing jobs were added under Trump than under Obama, a 170% advantage.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well let’s look at that shall we...technically 12,000 is correct but when you consider that a “factory” could be one guy in a garage making whatever you have to admit the claim is misleading. As for insults quit crying as I take them as much as I give them. 

While not perfect Jimmy what has happened in mfg under Trump vs. Obama is nothing short of extremely positive.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

While not perfect Jimmy what has happened in mfg under Trump vs. Obama is nothing short of extremely positive.  

Understood and agree 💯 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Understood and agree 💯 

Hey I think we all fall into expecting miracles from the other side when its not our guy/girl.   Just like mfg....USMCA and the China trade deals are not perfect but its quite remarkable anything could get done.   I'd say the same for getting Mexico to contribute to stopping illegal immigration.   We all want leaps but sometimes baby steps should be the most we can expect.  

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Hey I think we all fall into expecting miracles from the other side when its not our guy/girl.   Just like mfg....USMCA and the China trade deals are not perfect but its quite remarkable anything could get done.   I'd say the same for getting Mexico to contribute to stopping illegal immigration.   We all want leaps but sometimes baby steps should be the most we can expect.  

I voted for Trump and he has had some successes and I will admit that sometimes I post this shit as a rebuttal to the endless cheerleading and to draw reactions from a certain group here. :lmao:

People forget because the media side stepped it so well but America went throught he largest exodus of manufacturing jobs under Obama in history (along with the larggest purge of senior military officers in history).

The fact that that massive offshoring has been at least slowed and contained is huge.  The fact that jobs are actually coming back is even huger.  I don't get lost in the numbers.  The outgoing buffoon didn't care those jobs left and also said they'd never come back.  Good fucking riddance to this kind of "leadership".

MAGA!

Trump nailed this one in 2017...pretty fucked up.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/24/donald-trump/trump-china-joined-wto-us-has-lost-60000-factories/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks