Check your account email address ×

Here's why so many millennials making 6-figure salaries still feel broke

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Healthcare costs?

Something telling me someone pulling in $100K has a very good HC coverage from their employer.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Most of the jobs being talked about come with some pretty good ins. And how ofton are milenials seeking HC ?

Most pay at least 20%. Millennials have babies. They grow up and require healthcare.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

certainly not some old dude who should be retired but can't cause mommy hasn't given him his inheritance yet,  :news:  

Funny i was thinking in the car rolling in that it's been a while since we took some personal shots at one another.  

Well given I’ve never boasted about how much I made, what my brokerage account balance was, or bragged about my net worth, yet still was accused of being a lying fraud, and spread lies that I wouldn’t be anything without my “mommy”.....it’s more than a bit ironic that you’ve done all of that, and couldn’t come off as any more of a fucking blowhard.  So yeah.  Tell us more how fucking awesome you are and make up some more shit.  Your shrink tell you to puff your chest up on a forum full of strangers?  :lol:  what a fucking clown 

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well given I’ve never boasted about how much I made, what my brokerage account balance was, or bragged about my net worth, yet still was accused of being a lying fraud, and spread lies that I wouldn’t be anything without my “mommy”.....it’s more than a bit ironic that you’ve done all of that, and couldn’t come off as any more of a fucking blowhard.  So yeah.  Tell us more how fucking awesome you are and make up some more shit.  Your shrink tell you to puff your chest up on a forum full of strangers?  :lol:  what a fucking clown 

post popcorn GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It is deep. And it’s looking further into the issue than what’s on the surface. The only way to solve a major living problem is to figure out what’s missing in an individual’s life and understand that compensatory behaviors are driving these financial and other problems. 

LOL, sounds like an excuse for taking personal responsibility.  The perpetual victim syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do people focus on what millennials are doing? How many boomers are retiring broke? How many Americans are in debt up to their to their necks? Lack of financial responsiblity isnt a new phenomena that started with millennials.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Difference between us is i can back up my claims . And that was only one of my brokerage accounts.   SBYL

Edited by Angry ginger

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why do people focus on what millennials are doing? How many boomers are retiring broke? How many Americans are in debt up to their to their necks? Lack of financial responsiblity isnt a new phenomena that started with millennials.

Of course it isn't. In fact it is one of the major ingridiants in all recessions.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course it isn't. In fact it is one of the major ingridiants in all recessions.

So unless THEY start acting right, everything is THEIR fault? :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Exactly. The troubles today, at least I’m told, are worse than any time in America. Yet I wonder how many people suffered through the Great Depression because during the “20’s they lived far beyond their means. Never saved and lived a life of extravagance. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Most of the retired boomers I know are living like gluttonous slobs, they're doing better than they deserve. 

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Most of the retired boomers I know are living like gluttonous slobs, they're doing better than they deserve. 

Better than they deserve? By who’s measurement And how? Yours? Sounds like liberal jealously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2