Check your account email address ×

U.S. Alcohol-Related Deaths Have Doubled, Study Says

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have had 1 to 4 beers on a daily basis for  probably 40 years with no ill effects ....liver enzyme blood tests always come back normal. I'm strictly a beer drinker.....(exception:occasionally will do shots when with certain friends. ) But I also eat fairly well which I beleive is key to staying healthy if you consume alcohol.

A lot of people who develop problems drink and forget or don't want to eat right.

I have stopped entirely for a week or 2 at a time and even 6 months once with no DT's but really didnt feel better or worse from the cessation.

I just love to come home from work and relax with a couple beers .....just part of my routine and have zero intentions of stopping. 

Pretty sure studies suggest 1 or 2 drinks per day are beneficial. 

35 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I have had 1 to 4 beers on a daily basis for  probably 40 years with no ill effects ....liver enzyme blood tests always come back normal. I'm strictly a beer drinker.....(exception:occasionally will do shots when with certain friends. ) But I also eat fairly well which I beleive is key to staying healthy if you consume alcohol.

A lot of people who develop problems drink and forget or don't want to eat right.

I have stopped entirely for a week or 2 at a time and even 6 months once with no DT's but really didnt feel better or worse from the cessation.

I just love to come home from work and relax with a couple beers .....just part of my routine and have zero intentions of stopping. 

Pretty sure studies suggest 1 or 2 drinks per day are beneficial. 

Pretty much same here.  Wife and I have a beer or two everyday after work. Talk about our day and relax for a few hours. 
I guess the problem is some can’t have a beer or two.  Never understood why you have to be a hardcore alcoholic or drink nothing. I don’t judge, everyone has to do what they think is best for them.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cold War said:

Pretty much same here.  Wife and I have a beer or two everyday after work. Talk about our day and relax for a few hours. 
I guess the problem is some can’t have a beer or two.  Never understood why you have to be a hardcore alcoholic or drink nothing. I don’t judge, everyone has to do what they think is best for them.  

I only had 4-5 beers today. Just didnt feel like drinking

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I only had 4-5 beers today. Just didnt feel like drinking

Pretty light for a  football day....  

We like to pick it up on Sunday with some day drinking. :thumb:

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Bold is me. I don't drink often , but when I do it's to get drunk. The idea of 1 or 2 never interested me.

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Shit, sometimes I think I drink too much but then I read how much some of you guys are drinking. I have 2-3 almost every weeknight and then a few more on weekends. 

Right.  You just make friends With people who drink more than you and makes you feel good about your drinking.  😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

I’ve cut way back over the years. Beer only and may average 8 a week. I know this because I’ve been buying the 8 pack cans of Guinness.

You better have more Guinness on hand than that when I arrive! :bigfinger:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Hey creepr , I can sober up anytime

Theres nothing you can do to fix being a fucking moron though

Well, I was smart enough to remember what a mechanical moron you were at the MAP event, and I have a better memory of your inability to actually prep a car. 

not to mention you had to get dave to refresh your alcohol soaked memory to admit you showed up with no tools ( admitting the connection issue is a real sore point for race expert’s like you) 

Try a soul patch and an even more above it all attitude, maybe you’ll be on the same level as spin whine and the real Moto. :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Well, I was smart enough to remember what a mechanical moron you were at the MAP event, and I have a better memory of your inability to actually prep a car. 

not to mention you had to get dave to refresh your alcohol soaked memory to admit you showed up with no tools ( admitting the connection issue is a real sore point for race expert’s like you) 

Try a soul patch and an even more above it all attitude, maybe you’ll be on the same level as spin whine and the real Moto. :lmao:

Ouch

28 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup....same deal.:bc: I drink Bud and she drinks Bud light. She's been retired for a few years now and usually gets a head start before I get home, so she actually has more than I do most nights but she always says "it's only light beer" if I ever give her shit that she drinks more than I do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

I'm usually a one day a week drinker and maybe 4-6 beers or a few rum/Pepsi. I knew a guy that drank 30-40 pints of lager every day and he's hit the occasional 50 pints in a day. He was considered a champion of drinkers. 

Ahhh....unless that dude was a giant among men and 450+ lbs I'm gonna call bullshit.

That's 44-60 12oz beers per day. 

That's 3-4 12oz beers per hour 16 hours per day.

It's basically impossible 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ahhh....unless that dude was a giant among men and 450+ lbs I'm gonna call bullshit.

That's 44-60 12oz beers per day. 

That's 3-4 12oz beers per hour 16 hours per day.

It's basically impossible 

Google Bill Werbeniuk 

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Google Bill Werbeniuk 

That guy is my hero.....I would have killed a litter of kittens to play pool and drink beer with him for an afternoon.

Just now, f7ben said:

That guy is my hero.....I would have killed a litter of kittens to play pool and drink beer with him for an afternoon.

He was a great pool player and a super nice guy. We had 3 Canucks in the top 8 at that time in the world ranked 1-3 and Bill was #8.