Check your account email address ×

What a fucking joke and theft social security is.

BOHICA

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

unfortunately quality means nothing with todays med system.  we need to let people die  fuck I don't  care that your kids got to spend another 6 months with grandma when she's miserable.  I hate that my memories of my grandmother are polluted by seeing her waste away,  we treat our pets better than our parents. 

Never mind letting people die, we need about 6 billion killed and limited breeding moving forward to maintain a viable population level. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I understand all that, but who fault is it exactly?

The days of plowing through life uneducated/unskilled with a six figure income relying on someone else is over.

I guess everyone is responsible for themselves.

Thing have changed, education is no longer a guarantee of a good paying job, nearly no one or even couples in rural areas ever made six figures, non union trade workers until just recently were lucky to get $15.00 per hour seemed that after 2014 wages got closer to $20.00.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I guess everyone is responsible for themselves.

Thing have changed, education is no longer a guarantee of a good paying job, nearly no one or even couples in rural areas ever made six figures, non union trade workers until just recently were lucky to get $15.00 per hour seemed that after 2014 wages got closer to $20.00.

Education?

That's a loaded one esp for me as most formal education our kids are subjected to is a complete and utter waste.  Let's prepare our kids for what our future actually needs instead of teaching them principles from the 1900's.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Canada has a "pension" plan. You, and your employer pay into it all your working life. When you die, that money just goes back into the pot., you don't have any say where it goes and to whom.

It's more of a ponzi scheme than a pension plan.

nailed it. makes me mental. almost as bad as E.I. now that is a real crock of shit. should be voluntary as well

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Education?

That's a loaded one esp for me as most formal education our kids are subjected to is a complete and utter waste.  Let's prepare our kids for what our future actually needs instead of teaching them principles from the 1900's.

Like I said no longer a guarantee like it once was.

My wife drove 68 miles a day for a much better paying job, I drove an hour to 3 hours one way to work for many years to make money that was just not available here. The only way I did well here was self employment, and that has it's tough times too.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Like I said no longer a guarantee like it once was.

My wife drove 68 miles a day for a much better paying job, I drove an hour to 3 hours one way to work for many years to make money that was just not available here. The only way I did well here was self employment, and that has it's tough times too.

I know all about self employment. Over the past two decades,  I have left home for weeks on end with a young kid and a wife with a full time time career.  :bc:

It's all been worth it having the supports at home.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

its social security tax-  designed to help society not just you.  While you and i may be responsible enough to manage our retirement many are not and end up in their 60's having little to nothing either through ignorance or bad choices.   

Boo fucking hoo.   I'm tired of hearing how so much of society needs protecting.

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

SS is and was a great idea. If the money put in was left there it would be working well. Having the elderly destitute would be a much larger burden to society.

Even if it was working well that doesn’t make the theft that is taking place OK. 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

SS is and was a great idea. If the money put in was left there it would be working well. Having the elderly destitute would be a much larger burden to society.

It would still be wealth redistribution.   If you thought it was such a great program you wouldn't have cheated on it.   Guess it pays to have a wife who works for the irs. 

Under compensation is against the law.   You two knew that and still did it.   Shameful.

You are a hypocrite of the highest order.   Typical NE elitist snob.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

It would still be wealth redistribution.   If you thought it was such a great program you wouldn't have cheated on it.   Guess it pays to have a wife who works for the irs. 

Under compensation is against the law.   You two knew that and still did it.   Shameful.

Another bullshit post from a fake American.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Another bullshit post from a fake American.

Its not.   I clearly remember you posting almost bragging about paying yourself very little and taking distributions to avoid FICA taxes.   Deny it all you want my memory is rock solid on that conversation.

I suppose you deny once being adamantly against illegal immigration too?

Talk about being a fake American....look in the mirror dude.

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its not.   I clearly remember you posting almost bragging about paying yourself very little and taking distributions to avoid FICA taxes.   Deny it all you want my memory is rock solid on that conversation.

If not for double standards the liar would have no standards at all.

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

its social security tax-  designed to help society not just you.  While you and i may be responsible enough to manage our retirement many are not and end up in their 60's having little to nothing either through ignorance or bad choices.   

It was supposed to be for widows and orphans not a requirement plan for everyone.

55 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I absolutely remember that too. He was called on it.  Briefly defended himself then ignored the criticism.

Typical MC. Blinded by ignorance. A perfect liberal. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Your a phony piece of shit. You can’t make a legit comment about a thread I comment on so you decide out of all that responded you get personal with mine. Your memory sucks.

41 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I absolutely remember that too. He was called on it.  Briefly defended himself then ignored the criticism.

Typical MC. Blinded by ignorance. A perfect liberal. 

Yours is worse.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Your a phony piece of shit. You can’t make a legit comment about a thread I comment on so you decide out of all that responded you get personal with mine. Your memory sucks.

Yours is worse.

:lmao: So you deny that discussion?   Do you deny previously being against illegal immigration?   Its not a slam when its true.   That discussion occurred I don't care how much you deny it.

Edited by Highmark

In my life I've seen many adults in financial despair. In almost every case they either lacked the knowledge/intelligence of economics, or they had an emotional component, or both, that prevented them from attaining financial security. 

Some were very stubborn and would never listen to anybody. 

Some squandered away thousands, not realizing the concept of DISPOSABLE INCOME, SAVINGS, COMPOUND INTEREST, INVESTING, etc. 

Kinda like that fucktard that spent $6000.00 on some tickets. 

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

In my life I've seen many adults in financial despair. In almost every case they either lacked the knowledge/intelligence of economics, or they had an emotional component, or both, that prevented them from attaining financial security. 

Some squandered away thousands, not realizing the concept of DISPOSABLE INCOME, SAVINGS, COMPOUND INTEREST, INVESTING, etc. 

IN most cases , poverty is not a financial problem. It's a mental problem.

The wife and I will take our VA benefits we earned and use the TOGUS facility for all out medical needs.

Wasn't thinking one bit about it at the time, but service to our country is paying nice dividends.

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ain't nobody meeting them in the Fidelity lobby.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ain't nobody meeting them in the Fidelity lobby.

Parenting plays a part in money management. My mom forced us to save some of it when we got a check. I’m thankful for that training. If it was up to the wife we’d be driving Benz’s, have the nicest house on the street and have zero in savings. 

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Parenting plays a part in money management. My mom forced us to save some of it when we got a check. I’m thankful for that training. If it was up to the wife we’d be driving Benz’s, have the nicest house on the street and have zero in savings. 

That's why poverty is usualy multi generational.