Check your account email address ×

Christmas meal thread!!!

f7ben

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

just a pic of the left overs in the roster.

sarma (Serbian dish )

ground beef ground ham ground pork and rice and spices mixed up rolled in cabbage and layered with crout and tomato sauce and sausage 

20191225_115223.jpg

I love Sarmas

Pollack's call then Golumpkis

• Like 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

I take back 1/2 of the rotten shit I’ve said about you. Very nice!:bc:

The balsamic reduction I made for that caprise salad may be the star of the show. The red wine reduction for the wellington was also a star. I spent as much time on those sauces as the rest of the meal

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I figured a ranger would know w shat they are lol . not so sure about the rest of the countery.  

I make a big pile of them every other yr 

I make my wife make them a couple times per year. She has to make a few pans for her mom too lol. I like them made with spicy v8

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I make my wife make them a couple times per year. She has to make a few pans for her mom too lol. I like them made with spicy v8

never did that sounds like a nice twist will have to try . I started using ground smoked ham as apposed ro just raw ham yrs back and have not gone back on that twist yet 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

20191225_114153.jpg

That's on point..Good job Ben.

Have my rib roast going in the kettle around 3, mashed taters and green bean casserole

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

That's on point..Good job Ben.

Have my rib roast going in the kettle around 3, mashed taters and green bean casserole

I've not had good luck smoking prime rib. They never turned out on my egg. Always got a bitter smoke flavor. 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

never did that sounds like a nice twist will have to try . I started using ground smoked ham as apposed ro just raw ham yrs back and have not gone back on that twist yet 

I think wife just uses ground pork and ham mix or something. I've never made them myself

We're  having eight friends over for dinner. The turkey (20lb) is stuffed and in the oven, mashed taters, carrots/turnip mashed( some recipe with brown sugar etc) steamed broccoli, gravy and warm brioche buns outta the oven. Then we're having some rum cake and yule log followed by some Macdamia Nut Liquer 

20191225_130637.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've not had good luck smoking prime rib. They never turned out on my egg. Always got a bitter smoke flavor. 

Really?? I've never done this on a kettle,.. Usually not 50* here on Christmas so I thought I'd give it a try.., been reading about it for the past 3 days, about 100 different recipes..haha..

I'm going at 350* for 2.5 hours, indirect heat, 1 hour with smoke, 1.5 with just the coal heat.. 

Anyone have any tips feel free to let me know

12 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Really?? I've never done this on a kettle,.. Usually not 50* here on Christmas so I thought I'd give it a try.., been reading about it for the past 3 days, about 100 different recipes..haha..

I'm going at 350* for 2.5 hours, indirect heat, 1 hour with smoke, 1.5 with just the coal heat.. 

Anyone have any tips feel free to let me know

I think the issue was the egg mostly. Once in a while I would get a bitter smoke out of it. Especially with big pieces of meat that absorbed smoke for a long time. 

IMG_20191225_133556278.thumb.jpg.81152e3546927c9c1689d45308a819da.jpg

Traditional Christmas here today.

Dearborn ham in the roasting pan. Green bean casserole, cheesey potatoes, sweet potato casserole. And Lasagna ready for the oven. (Italian Christmas additional to the ham. And my MILs kilbassa and sauerkraut. 

Had Polish Christmas Eve with the wife's dad's family last night.  Home made perogies, kilbassa and sauerkraut, ham and home made Gołąbki (stuffed cabbage rolls). 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

IMG_20191225_133556278.thumb.jpg.81152e3546927c9c1689d45308a819da.jpg

Traditional Christmas here today.

Dearborn ham in the roasting pan. Green bean casserole, cheesey potatoes, sweet potato casserole. And Lasagna ready for the oven. (Italian Christmas additional to the ham. And my MILs kilbassa and sauerkraut. 

Had Polish Christmas Eve with the wife's dad's family last night.  Home made perogies, kilbassa and sauerkraut, ham and home made Gołąbki (stuffed cabbage rolls). 

That's the first time I've seen it spelled Golabki?

I've always seen it spelled Golumpki