Check your account email address ×

Trump punts on tariffs again. China won

f7ben

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

He's the first President to ever even try.   Nobody said it was going to be easy.

Most farmers I talk to don't feel he's fucked them at all.   I know the type that likely would.   They are easy to tell.   1/4" too much rain....bitch and complain.   1/4" too little rain.....bitch and complain.   Too hot....bitch and complain, too cold....bitch and complain.   Biggest whiners in the country at times and nobody and I mean nobody causes the low crop prices more than themselves. 

Pretty easy to tell which group you fall into.  :lol:  What did you get up complaining about today?  

In all fairness Dubya put a 30% tariff on Chinese steel but the Chinese took him to court and Dubya withdrew the tariff. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Anler said:

In all fairness Dubya put a 30% tariff on Chinese steel but the Chinese took him to court and Dubya withdrew the tariff. 

Obama did it for a short time with tires. 

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If you go by that site as the Bible you are sadly uneducated...

Neal

That's the only site I have seen that lists out the information...do you have a better database? or link for the information?

Is this one the bible?  https://www.farmers.gov/manage/mfp

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

it is you! How you been bud?

How fucking dumb would you have to be to claim Germany is a capitalist utopia as a result of protectionist policy and then turn around and claim the same policies wouldnt benefit the US at all.

Dripper dumb....that's how dumb

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Personally I'd like to see Trump stay more firm on the Tariffs and add other pressure on China.   He's getting little to no support from congress so he needs to go it alone on this.  

Why not, Trump has already spent more that double on the farm bailout as compared to what Obama spent on the auto bailout.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Why not, Trump has already spent more that double on the farm bailout as compared to what Obama spent on the auto bailout.

Pay attention....I didn't agree with giving farmers money on this.

Just now, Highmark said:

Pay attention....I didn't agree with giving farmers money on this.

I didn't say you agreed with it, the fact of the matter is we are borrowing and subsidizing heavily to win what was supposed to be an easy to win trade war (according to Trump).

I do give Trump credit for talking about trade as it needs to be addressed, but only an asshole like Trump would say trade wars are good and easy to win.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I didn't say you agreed with it, the fact of the matter is we are borrowing and subsidizing heavily to win what was supposed to be an easy to win trade war (according to Trump).

I do give Trump credit for talking about trade as it needs to be addressed, but only an asshole like Trump would say trade wars are good and easy to win.

He hasn't been firm enough with China but has done decent with every other trade deal he's renegotiated.  

46 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's the only site I have seen that lists out the information...do you have a better database? or link for the information?

Shut your hole!  Neal will tell everyone here what to think about how farmers are dealing with stuff.  Except, it appears all the REAL FARMERS and those with experience with real farmers in here disagree with him so.....

well......

ummmm....

I guess we have to decide who to believe and decide who just has TDS.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I like to see you posting more regularly again.  Someday, I hope your delusions will dissipate a bit.  That way, you wont seem so stupid.

”Easy to win”.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

He's the first President to ever even try.   Nobody said it was going to be easy.

Most farmers I talk to don't feel he's fucked them at all.   I know the type that likely would.   They are easy to tell.   1/4" too much rain....bitch and complain.   1/4" too little rain.....bitch and complain.   Too hot....bitch and complain, too cold....bitch and complain.   Biggest whiners in the country at times and nobody and I mean nobody causes the low crop prices more than themselves. 

Pretty easy to tell which group you fall into.  :lol:  What did you get up complaining about today?  

Neils suggestion was really brilliant lol

lots of talk from the local experts about how wrong you was and how stupid he is with no real world suggestions funny how that works

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Same here.  All the farmers I know like what Trump is doing and they understand why. 

Same here

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How fucking dumb would you have to be to claim Germany is a capitalist utopia as a result of protectionist policy and then turn around and claim the same policies wouldnt benefit the US at all.

Dripper dumb....that's how dumb

dude, it's pretty fucking simple. Over 80% of China's GDP is generated internally. In Germany a full 45% of GDP is derived from export markets.

It doesn't take a Dripperologist to figure out which country is going to be more adversely affected by trade tariffs.

Edited by frenchy

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think trade wars are much like regular wars.....you shouldnt be fighting on too many fronts. 

Not only that but there's also a little pain with war and a little bit of sacrifice and a lot of damage done before you achieve victory

Yet all the experts here expect immediate victory and no collateral damage

10 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Not only that but there's also a little pain with war and a little bit of sacrifice and a lot of damage done before you achieve victory

Yet all the experts here expect immediate victory and no collateral damage

I expected pain and all manufacturing industry is feeling it.

What sucks is when Trump caved to China and that pain was for zero gain

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

I do not, but I can tell you that one isn't up to date for 2019.

Maybe.

Neal

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Shut your hole!  Neal will tell everyone here what to think about how farmers are dealing with stuff.  Except, it appears all the REAL FARMERS and those with experience with real farmers in here disagree with him so.....

well......

ummmm....

I guess we have to decide who to believe and decide who just has TDS.  :dunno:

I like to see you posting more regularly again.  Someday, I hope your delusions will dissipate a bit.  That way, you wont seem so stupid.

”Easy to win”.

I am as real a farmer as there is.

How many other members here own a tractor and cattle in their name?  How many here feed cattle and work em?

There isn't a single puncher here TBH.

Neal