Check your account email address ×

Just wait till those idiots get those Tesla trucks with 200kwh+ battery packs

BOHICA

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Going to be days waiting to charge eventually for Tesla owners.  Tesla needs an ICE to supplement its major downfalls and many hours of waste.

lol what a shit show . like a 70 embargo gas line.  fucking shoot me . can you imajin being stuck in a line with that crew of smug fucks for hours 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Going to be days waiting to charge eventually for Tesla owners.  Tesla needs an ICE to supplement its major downfalls and many hours of waste.

What a bunch of queers 

battery tech needs to be 10x better 

• Haha 1

@BOHICA  how long does it take to recharge your e-car?  How far can you go on that charge? How many KW used?  Whats your KWH rate there?

I have been kinda surprised how much it takes to recharge my little GEM e-car. It just has Flooded Batteries but it takes about 6 hrs at  8amps on 110vac to get the batteries from 30% up to 100%. It has a decent range but if I didn't get electricity for free I think a gas powered cart would be cheaper to operate. 

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

@BOHICA  how long does it take to recharge your e-car?  How far can you go on that charge? How many KW used?  Whats your KWH rate there?

I have been kinda surprised how much it takes to recharge my little GEM e-car. It just has Flooded Batteries but it takes about 6 hrs at  8amps on 110vac to get the batteries from 30% up to 100%. It has a decent range but if I didn't get electricity for free I think a gas powered cart would be cheaper to operate. 

10.4 kwh battery.  Up to 20 miles on a charge.  240 volt 20 amp will charge in my garage in about 2.5 hours.  From empty to full.  Pay 8 cents a kwh.  So say 12 kwh used with charging loses per empty to full charge for 20 miles of juice.  So about 96 cents per 20 miles.  Pretty much enough for the wife to commute to work and home on electric only.  Big savings over gas for sure!  Plus the performance is so much better vs v8 suv’s as well

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Going to need a truckstop sized supercharger station every 50 miles for those pulling trailers.

Good thing the truck won't actually be here for another 5 years and once it is, it'll only be the most expensive model.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

10.4 kwh battery.  Up to 20 miles on a charge.  240 volt 20 amp will charge in my garage in about 2.5 hours.  From empty to full.  Pay 8 cents a kwh.  So say 12 kwh used with charging loses per empty to full charge for 20 miles of juice.  So about 96 cents per 20 miles.  Pretty much enough for the wife to commute to work and home on electric only.  Big savings over gas for sure!  Plus the performance is so much better vs v8 suv’s as well

Ok good info. About 50 mpg equivalent based on $2.50/gal for gasoline.

If you were paying $.12/kwh it would be 37 mpg equivalent.  

If you were paying $.16/kwh it would be 25mpg equivalent. 

So after 20 miles or so what happens?  I forgot what rig you bought. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ok good info. About 50 mpg equivalent based on $2.50/gal for gasoline.

If you were paying $.12/kwh it would be 37 mpg equivalent.  

If you were paying $.16/kwh it would be 25mpg equivalent. 

So after 20 miles or so what happens?  I forgot what rig you bought. 

Gas engine kicks on.  

Volvo plug-in hybrid suv

if I had more expensive electricity I would prolly slap solar up on the roof to cover expensive electricity cost

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Gas engine kicks on.  

Volvo plug-in hybrid suv

Roger. Sounds good. 

Ive been slowly testing the range of my GEM. In eco mode it has pretty good range. Probably 50-60 miles. It only goes 15mph in eco mode. In Road mode it will probably go 20 miles and top speed is 25+. 

The loop around the island is 4 miles long. I made two laps flat out, 25mph, and still had about 65% left on the gauge. I dont yet know how fast the bottom half of the gauge drops.  

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Roger. Sounds good. 

Ive been slowly testing the range of my GEM. In eco mode it has pretty good range. Probably 50-60 miles. It only goes 15mph in eco mode. In Road mode it will probably go 20 miles and top speed is 25+. 

The loop around the island is 4 miles long. I made two laps flat out, 25mph, and still had about 65% left on the gauge. I dont yet know how fast the bottom half of the gauge drops.  

Are u wintering in a trailer park?1551368217657-02404656.webp

Edited by ManOnManOral

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

Are u wintering in a trailer park?

RV resort but yes. A trailer park with pools, hot tubs, club house, grocery store, tennis courts, marina, free boat slip, beaches, etc. and lots of transient people who also spend 4-6 months of winter here. 

Right now most of my neighbors are from Canada. Cool guys who like to have fun and are pretty handy with tools and wheelers and what not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

RV resort but yes. A trailer park with pools, hot tubs, club house, grocery store, tennis courts, marina, free boat slip, beaches, etc. and lots of transient people who also spend 4-6 months of winter here. 

Right now most of my neighbors are from Canada. Cool guys who like to have fun and are pretty handy with tools and wheelers and what not. 

Stay away from those French Canadians. Assholes, worse than those Michigan faggots. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

Stay away from those French Canadians. Assholes, worse than those Michigan faggots. 

French Canadians go to Florida for winter. Most of these guys are from BC and Alberta. They don't like French Canadians either. 

37 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Gas engine kicks on.  

Volvo plug-in hybrid suv

if I had more expensive electricity I would prolly slap solar up on the roof to cover expensive electricity cost

why don't all electric cars come with solar hoods and solar trunk and roof ?