Check your account email address ×

ArCtIc CaT nEeDs A nEw ChAsSiS

Rod

1 hour ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

@snopro31 rode the UP. Not sure what’s better. There or here 

Trails are very similar and it was a low snow year when I was down there.  Network is greater but theres probably 90% more people riding then here. 

Booze and gas cheaper in the states.

Too many Tucker Hibert wannabes in the states riding straight down the middle.

Would I do the 16 hr drive again?  Not now with what the trails are up here now.  Plus the queers in Wisconsin have a speed limit with actual enforcement. 

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You've probably never made it past Gogebic, yet you think you know the entire UP. 

We have many many hundreds of miles of groomed trails in Michigan.  Trail riding may not be your thing. Off trail isn't mine. I'd rather take up golf or ice fishing if they closed all the trails here in Michigan.

Ride, get stuck, dig for a 1/2 hour, rest for 15 minutes. Get stuck again digging your buddy out. Dig for another 1/2 hour, Rest again. Ride for 10 more minutes, dig for another half hour. Wash , rinse , repeat.  Ain't my idea of fun. 

Didn't mean to hurt your feelers.

I was a snowmobile guide for many years and rode trails for tens of thousands of miles. Don't care to ride them unless it is the ride to the lodge for lunch or to meet one of my old customers for a beverage, or the fastest way back to the rig, and only if it is corduroy smooth.  I will admit, there are a few of those "stuckfest" days here and there, but they are NOT the norm.

You owe it to yourself to come out West for the chance to ride in powder, you have no idea of what you are missing if you have not had the experience.  If you came out here on a bluebird day with 12-18" of powder where you can't get stuck and spend the day floating on the sled with no bumps, bangs, or moguls , you would sell all your shit and move.......  No need to bring your sled, I have around 20 rentals currently and could hook you up.  I don't live in the ultra steep and deep like they have in Canada or Colorado, but enough to make you have the time of your life and no worries about avalanches at the same time.  To be totally honest, it can suck at times when the weather isn't cooperating and it is hard and icy....happens everywhere.

IMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

Trails are very similar and it was a low snow year when I was down there.  Network is greater but theres probably 90% more people riding then here. 

Would I do the 16 hr drive again?  Not now with what the trails are up here now.  Plus the queers in Wisconsin have a speed limit with actual enforcement. 

Where in the UP did you ride

2 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

I was a snowmobile guide for many years and rode trails for tens of thousands of miles. Don't care to ride them unless it is the ride to the lodge for lunch or to meet one of my old customers for a beverage, or the fastest way back to the rig, and only if it is corduroy smooth.  I will admit, there are a few of those "stuckfest" days here and there, but they are NOT the norm.

You owe it to yourself to come out West for the chance to ride in powder, you have no idea of what you are missing if you have not had the experience.  If you came out here on a bluebird day with 12-18" of powder where you can't get stuck and spend the day floating on the sled with no bumps, bangs, or moguls , you would sell all your shit and move.......  No need to bring your sled, I have around 20 rentals currently and could hook you up.  I don't live in the ultra steep and deep like they have in Canada or Colorado, but enough to make you have the time of your life and no worries about avalanches at the same time.  To be totally honest, it can suck at times when the weather isn't cooperating and it is hard and icy....happens everywhere.

IMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

:lol: not even close dude :lmao:

that ain't gonna happen

53 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:
53 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

not even close dude :lmao:

that ain't gonna happen

Jealous I guess, shit, I didn't even mention we typically ride from late November till June.     Or maybe you are just an angry DICK???

Shit, I just offered you a chance to come ride some decent (REAL) snow on a Summit with someone who knows every nook and cranny of the area to show you around FOR FREE !!

Enjoy your trail riding. :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Jealous I guess, shit, I didn't even mention we typically ride from late November till June.     Or maybe you are just an angry DICK???

Shit, I just offered you a chance to come ride some decent (REAL) snow on a Summit with someone who knows every nook and cranny of the area to show you around FOR FREE !!

Those open glades and meadows look like a hoot! :thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

IMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

Went riding with WI IQR Tim a couple of years ago in Michiana thru some open fields in a couple feet of pow. It was a blast! I had never done anything like that before. Miles of rolling fields in untouched pow, it was pretty great. :bc:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Enforcement on the trails is so gay 

Personally I've never come across nor seen video's of much riding in the UP worthy of owning a mountain sled without adding a trip or 2 out west.  Maybe I've just rode out west too much so my expectations are too high.   I find it interesting at some stops and all the full on mountain sleds.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Personally I've never come across nor seen video's of much riding in the UP worthy of owning a mountain sled without adding a trip or 2 out west.  Maybe I've just rode out west too much so my expectations are too high.   I find it interesting at some stops and all the full on mountain sleds.   

It’s just maroons that think they’re a badass for owning a mountain sled 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

31 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

It’s just maroons that think they’re a badass for owning a mountain sled 

Yeah OK.

Remember Skylar that used to frequent t these forums..all he rides is deep UP Snow.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah OK.

Remember Skylar that used to frequent t these forums..all he rides is deep UP Snow.

Just going off experience in both places.   Not saying the powder isn't deep in the up.   Years they get even more than some places out west however the type of snow is very different.   The terrain is so different.   You been out west any?   If so where?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Just going off experience in both places.   Not saying the powder isn't deep in the up.   Years they get even more than some places out west however the type of snow is very different.   The terrain is so different.   You been out west any?   If so where?

No I haven’t and I’m not going to argue about it...there are plenty of spots in the UP where a mountain sled is appropriate.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The off trail in UP is pretty vast especially if you know where to go. I could see a 155" but not anything longer than that and obviously it can be limited due to the amount of snow. It's not something I want to invest in. 

52 minutes ago, Anler said:

The off trail in UP is pretty vast especially if you know where to go. I could see a 155" but not anything longer than that and obviously it can be limited due to the amount of snow. It's not something I want to invest in. 

To each their own.   :bc:

Keep in mind in the UP your not down 20-30% of your HP like out west.   The times I've boondocked (best I found was off trail 13 going NE from Greenland) my Gade with a 1.5" track seemed well more than enough.   Anything longer and it would have taken the fun out of it with the tightness of the terrain.  I'm not claiming people are wrong buying a mountain sled up for use up there just doesn't seem needed in my book with the type of riding it is.  

Powerlines are fun.  

They they are not this.  

IMG_20160317_155605.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Where are you located?

9 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

You guessed wrong :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer 👍🏼

I will :bc: