Check your account email address ×

had to make the call today

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I have had only one go on their own.  It was fast. She was still making it outside on her own.  Went outside by herself 2 hours before she died.  
Loved that damn dog. 

EA3AC499-E645-4EFC-BC32-F3366171264A.jpeg

Our doodle was active til the day she had a heart attack at over 15.  Hard day but easier than her brother who needed to be put down at 14.:bc:

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Our doodle was active til the day she had a heart attack at over 15.  Hard day but easier than her brother who needed to be put down at 14.:bc:

The worst is when they are suffering.  Best when they are active until the end.  The Boxer before our last had a stroke. I spent months carrying her out to the yard .  She would walk in circles confused. I would have to go get her and carry her back in house.  Heart breaking. 

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

not going to lie, cried like a little bitch going to be a rough few days, our other dogs know something is up their moping around

Man, I’ve lost 5 dogs over the last 10.  Every one has taken part of me with them.  It’s a tough decision but it’s the best thing you can do for them when they are in pain.  They deserve a peaceful end.  It gets a bit better after a week or so.

You did the right thing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sorry for your loss man. These things are never easy. Getting a new canine friend is always an option.  A dogs love is unconditional. 

We have 3 other dogs including 1 we just got from a rescue 3 days ago to fill the void but it's never easy gonna be a tough week

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Fuckin sucks. Dogs are awesome. But they do not live long enough. 

No they don't. But I tend to believe nature intended it that way so you get to experience several over the course of our lives.

• Like 1