Check your account email address ×

How about this winner

JEFF

To bad they couldn't keep this little gem under wraps until after the election.

icon-search.png

How much you'll really pay for Obamacare

For some consumers, Obamacare’s skyrocketing insurance premiums will soon morph from a political mess to a pocketbook crisis.

As enrollment begins Tuesday, the impact of an average 22% rise in benchmark plan prices will vary wildly depending on where you live. While Obamacare plans on some state exchanges will have modest price increases, others will have staggering hikes.

The premium for the benchmark plan is more than doubling in Arizona, to an average of $422 a month for a 27-year-old enrollee. In Oklahoma, it's increasing 69% to $424. Monthly premiums range from a low of $219 in New Hampshire and Massachusetts to $760 in Alaska.

My plan didn't cover anything when our girls got strep. 

Not one dime was paid out by the insurance company.

And our premiums are going up about 15% . 

There's a reason I stopped voting for Democrats after they passed this huge giveaway to insurance bloodsuckers.

• Like 1

Trump should be pushing this, but it doesn't matter to dems.  Most of them are working and getting money from the public dole in some way shape or form.  Premiums going up just means that the government and middle class taxpayers are going to cover more of the bill.

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

MN 2 healthy adults mid 40s 13k deduct depending on plan 1100  to 1400 a mo gold plan 5k deduct over 2500 a mo  . cobra 3k deduct 2100 mo.

This I why we just need single payer. We're already subsidizing or paying for the insurance for half the population right now anyways, why not make it across the board and save businesses and individuals the hassles of dealing with it themselves. 

I'm fortunate enough to have a good plan through work, $20 a month with a $2,500 deductable/max I have to pay per year and company contributions to my HSA, so I really have no skin in the game for single payer as I wouldn't benefit at all. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, f7ben said:

400+ per month for a catastrophic coverage single plan ....oh fucking thanks obama that is awesome

Probably carry's a $5000 or higher deductible.  :nuts:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Trump should be pushing this, but it doesn't matter to dems.  Most of them are working and getting money from the public dole in some way shape or form.  Premiums going up just means that the government and middle class taxpayers are going to cover more of the bill.

Yep, polls show most dem's support the current Obamacare law no matter what.   Simply shows the political divide in this country. 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

How much would you pay to be a member of this site? Kinda pathetic complaining about Obamacare here when you wont join.

What the fuck are you babbling about? What the fuck does paying for this site have to do with posting an article about rate increases for health insurance. Maybe we don't all have the deep pockets and disposable income you so thoroughly enjoy? You ever think of that fuck head?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JEFF said:

What the fuck are you babbling about? What the fuck does paying for this site have to do with posting an article about rate increases for health insurance. Maybe we don't all have the deep pockets and disposable income you so thoroughly enjoy? You ever think of that fuck head?

Its called deflection, a Liberal tactic one uses when they got nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

How much would you pay to be a member of this site? Kinda pathetic complaining about Obamacare here when you wont join.

As pathetic as you skipping out on FICA taxes then saying others should pay a % of all income into it?

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

As pathetic as you skipping out on FICA taxes then saying others should pay a % of all income into it?

Is this true MC? Wow

6 hours ago, GGNHL said:

This I why we just need single payer. We're already subsidizing or paying for the insurance for half the population right now anyways, why not make it across the board and save businesses and individuals the hassles of dealing with it themselves. 

I'm fortunate enough to have a good plan through work, $20 a month with a $2,500 deductable/max I have to pay per year and company contributions to my HSA, so I really have no skin in the game for single payer as I wouldn't benefit at all. 

That's a good plan.....

9 hours ago, GGNHL said:

no single payer been to the VA ever ? Enough said