Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Hey shit for brains... what tax breaks did Sears get? I'm waiting. As for Sears it's done thanks to Ed Lampert stripping anything of any value out of the business... things like selling leases on stores for $M's to put the money in his pocket. Don't be concerned about me. I'm just fine. I got the commuted value of the DB pension, a buyout on my medical and dental benefits and the cash from my DC pension.

Those who stuck around to the bitter end and were still in the DB pension will take a partial hit since the plan is underfunded but they will still get a monthly pension paid out from the 3rd party trust or it may be wound up and they will get a cash payout which would likely be the best solution for them as they could then invest it themselves and do much better. The DC plan all those monies are also held in trust by a 3rd party and they will receive the full value of the DC plan.

02 what the fuck do you know about "YOUR" pension and benefits?

If Fail says your fucked i am going to believe him.

And vote for Wynne. She is going to be our saviour after next election. Just ask her. She will explain!

By the way, where is Killer?  I would have thought he would have shown up at some point to defend the woman he respects.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

And vote for Wynne. She is going to be our saviour after next election. Just ask her. She will explain!

By the way, where is Killer?  I would have thought he would have shown up at some point to defend the woman he respects.  

You're right... what was I thinking? I should have consulted Fail about all of this rather than what I know from my own situation and that of family members and my friends who worked there. Both my wife and brother worked for Sears as well. My wife and brother were lucky in some ways. They were both offered severance packages years ago, turned them down, got a lawyer and got much more severance.

For a very long time they promised your medical, dental, life insurance and purchase discount would continue in retirement if you had 25 years or more of service. Then they changed that and you had to have reached 55 by a specific date as well to be eligible. About the same time they froze the value of your DB pension and started a DC pension. This is when Ed Lampert got control and put Dene Rogers in charge. They wanted to limit their liability for the DB pension. It used to be that if you left before you were 55 you could take the commuted value of the DB pension with you as a lump sum. If you were 55 or older you were locked into the DB pension. They later changed the rules to reduce their liability and allowed those in the DB that were 55 or older to take the commuted value. Then they started offering a lump sum of cash for those retirees that had the medical, dental, life insurance and purchase discount a cash buy out in lieu of the benefits.

Those who were still there will indeed lose out in that they won't get any severance under creditor protection. They will still get their full DC pension funds and they will get a DB pension benefit but at a lower amount since it is underfunded. Unfortunately many believed that they would be able to retire on the company pension alone and foolishly didn't have a personal RSP of their own outside.

I am still waiting for Fail to come up with the tax breaks he says Sears got. I won't hold my breath though since they didn't get any. They did get a much lower cost per sq. ft. for retail space in a large mall than the small shops did but that is standard for the retail industry. The large anchor stores for a mall always pay less than the smaller retailers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

sears fucking over their pensioners - if you don't care just say so

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Morneau must resign....period. Piece of shit liar.  Shit Tards killed Duffy for 90k and Rob Ford for about the same. What a shame.  Libtards are the biggest pieces of garbage ever.....

yup. and JT tried to spin it in the house today. that didn't work

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

LOL

As soon as he'd open his mouth it wouldn't have made any sense.

To busy crying for Gord.....the boy has no clue.....worst PM we have ever had.  POS

Edited by Poncho

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

To busy crying for Gord.....the boy has no clue.....worst PM we have ever had.  POS

In the house? You've got to be kidding! (I'm in Trumpland, so it's a blessing to my ears).

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Morneau must resign....period. Piece of shit liar.  Shit Tards killed Duffy for 90k and Rob Ford for about the same. What a shame.  Libtards are the biggest pieces of garbage ever.....

A couple of pieces from the Post:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/andrew-coyne-small-business-tax-reform-reveals-trudeau-morneau-as-middle-class-phonies

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/john-ivison-liberal-tax-reforms-most-lasting-impact-may-be-on-morneaus-reputation

I don't think we'll need to start a GoFundMe page for him when he leaves politics. He's got his family's money & the missus is a McCain. 

JT & Morneau have no idea of what it's like to be middle class.

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

In the house? You've got to be kidding! (I'm in Trumpland, so it's a blessing to my ears).

no outside when reports asked him about it, since Gordie is a personal friend of Truedau's he got a bit emotional - so did Ron MacClean --

This is a sign  of weakness and should not be tolerated - :groin:

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

JT & Morneau have no idea of what it's like to be middle class.

:dunno:  so you say

Do you know what its like to be poor?  if you aren't poor you coudn't have a clue about it right? 

lol on Middle Class - really today what the fuck does that even mean?  is it income, behavior, blood lines, what? 

If you make below 45k makes you LOWER CLASS?

I just wish they wwould stop with the CLASSes

Probably as sincere as his tweets about tragedy around the world & that infamous phone call to the family of the African terrorist attack last year.

Lots of politicians around the world have dealt with death & tragedy over the years, but did they cry about it?

Seeing as he's been on 60 Minutes & Live With Kelly, when is he doing a cameo on the Y & R?

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

Do you know what its like to be poor?  if you aren't poor you coudn't have a clue about it right? 

lol on Middle Class - really today what the fuck does that even mean?  is it income, behavior, blood lines, what? 

How about working shifts, getting laid off, company closing down, the kids not having the preferred clothes that the cool kids are wearing to school? Oh I could go on, but you & Killer live in a perfect world.

22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Me too....because 45 k is poverty.  Agree there should be no classes and only one class and everyone taxed a flat tax at 18%, regardless of income.  

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Probably as sincere as his tweets about tragedy around the world & that infamous phone call to the family of the African terrorist attack last year.

Lots of politicians around the world have dealt with death & tragedy over the years, but did they cry about it?

Seeing as he's been on 60 Minutes & Live With Kelly, when is he doing a cameo on the Y & R?

ya only the weak Leaders show this kind of emotion like Obama and Trudeau

Proper response should have been "he's dead lets move on"

how about crying about your son over losing a political race

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

ya only the weak Leaders show this kind of emotion like Obama and Trudeau

Proper response should have been "he's dead lets move on"

how about crying about your son over losing a political race

LOL......Yes but Justine is just fuckn gay and an actor.....so what's your point

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

no outside when reports asked him about it, since Gordie is a personal friend of Truedau's he got a bit emotional - so did Ron MacClean --

This is a sign  of weakness and should not be tolerated - :groin:

How would you know if they are close personal friends?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Live within your means.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Poncho said:

Seems pretty petty looking back . . . . .

He does need to step down.  POS.

15 hours ago, Poncho said:

It won't happen... he's in the strongest union in the world where incompetency is protected even by his boss.