Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

A couple of pieces from the Post:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/andrew-coyne-small-business-tax-reform-reveals-trudeau-morneau-as-middle-class-phonies

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/john-ivison-liberal-tax-reforms-most-lasting-impact-may-be-on-morneaus-reputation

I don't think we'll need to start a GoFundMe page for him when he leaves politics. He's got his family's money & the missus is a McCain. 

JT & Morneau have no idea of what it's like to be middle class.

He and Trudope keep telling everyone how in touch they are with the average Canadian yet Morneau gets $146,000.00 a month from the family trust.

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Probably as sincere as his tweets about tragedy around the world & that infamous phone call to the family of the African terrorist attack last year.

Lots of politicians around the world have dealt with death & tragedy over the years, but did they cry about it?

Seeing as he's been on 60 Minutes & Live With Kelly, when is he doing a cameo on the Y & R?

C'mon now... be fair Harper did one on Corner Gas... at least that's a Canadian show though

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

He and Trudope keep telling everyone how in touch they are with the average Canadian yet Morneau gets $146,000.00 a month from the family trust.

If he is making that kind of coin, then that must make him a very good business man - something you guys claim can run any country

ARe you saying you are WRONG with that assumption?

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

If he is making that kind of coin, then that must make him a very good business man - something you guys claim can run any country

Lol.  He owns over 2 million shares of Morneau Shepell out of a private numbered corp in Alberta.  MS pays out a dividend of 6.5 cents per share or about 140K per month. 

It is this private corp structure or loophole that did not technically put him in a conflict of interest.  The public is not impressed.

He was born into massive wealth, we don't need silver spooners running the country. 

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Lucky sperm club. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lol.  He owns over 2 million shares of Morneau Shepell out of a private numbered corp in Alberta.  MS pays out a dividend of 6.5 cents per share or about 140K per month. 

It is this private corp structure or loophole that did not technically put him in a conflict of interest.  The public is not impressed.

He was born into massive wealth, we don't need silver spooners running the country. 

so being a business man isn't all it takes? 

Is Donny in this category too?

So again if you child makes it big, he is nothing in your eyes because you are loaded? 

I find your statement very dumb

20 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Lucky sperm club. 

same goes for your kids?  should they be bashed if they do well with your fortunes?

Are you saying he did nothing, no work, just kind of sat around raking in the money?

How about Robbie Ford?  you ranted and raved over him as best ever (like 99% did here for years)

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

same goes for your kids?  should they be bashed if they do well with your fortunes?

Are you saying he did nothing, no work, just kind of sat around raking in the money?

How about Robbie Ford?  you ranted and raved over him as best ever (like 99% did here for years)

More misrepresentation from you. 

My fortunes? WTF. I’m just a middle class guy - ain’t no fortunes here. And what I end up with won’t change the fact my kids will have to work for what they want. It won’t be given to them. Christ - my wife wrote a 2 page contract that my son had to agree to and sign before he could play rep hockey. If he drops the ball on school, chores or his behaviour he’s done  

I was never a Rob Ford fan. The guy was a clown. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so being a business man isn't all it takes? 

Is Donny in this category too?

So again if you child makes it big, he is nothing in your eyes because you are loaded? 

I find your statement very dumb

I never said Bill hasn't worked hard, but he is still a massive silver spooner and his wife is the ultimate.

My kid will be able to chase his own dream but I don't think he will follow in my footsteps.

10 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

More misrepresentation from you. 

My fortunes? WTF. I’m just a middle class guy - ain’t no fortunes here. And what I end up with won’t change the fact my kids will have to work for what they want. It won’t be given to them. Christ - my wife wrote a 2 page contract that my son had to agree to and sign before he could play rep hockey. If he drops the ball on school, chores or his behaviour he’s done  

I was never a Rob Ford fan. The guy was a clown. 

Why am I not surprised.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I never said Bill hasn't worked hard, but he is still a massive silver spooner and his wife is the ultimate.

My kid will be able to chase his own dream but I don't think he will follow in my footsteps.

Adjusted net earnings available to common shareholders of the Company in the

first quarter of 2017 were $364 million ($0.90 per common share),

an increase of $26 million ($0.08 per common share) compared to the first quarter of 2016, due to the improvements in

underlying operating performance and the favourable impact of the repurchase of common shares, as described above.

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Adjusted net earnings available to common shareholders of the Company in the

first quarter of 2017 were $364 million ($0.90 per common share),

an increase of $26 million ($0.08 per common share) compared to the first quarter of 2016, due to the improvements in

underlying operating performance and the favourable impact of the repurchase of common shares, as described above.

What is this for?  Are you in the correct thread?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Pay attention Fail... he was supposed to put his business and financial investments into a blind trust which he failed to do and claimed he didn't know he was supposed to. That $146K a month isn't from his business investments or him being a very good business man. THAT MONEY IS FROM A FAMILY TRUST....

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

ya only the weak Leaders show this kind of emotion like Obama and Trudeau

Proper response should have been "he's dead lets move on"

how about crying about your son over losing a political race

My opinion stands. No different than people think Stanfield wouldn't make a good PM because he fumbled the football. Or is that before your time? Maybe if he HAD caught the ball, PET would've been a footnote in Canadian political history.

HLN this morning made mention of the Canadian PM crying when talking about his close personal friend dying.

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

How about the 3rd generation of the Eaton family? Too busy playing w/ the family fortune to realize they were on the way out.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I wonder where he started in the corporate ladder after university? Any word on summer employment doing manual labour or has he been white collar all his life?

44 minutes ago, revrnd said:

My opinion stands. No different than people think Stanfield wouldn't make a good PM because he fumbled the football. Or is that before your time? Maybe if he HAD caught the ball, PET would've been a footnote in Canadian political history.

HLN this morning made mention of the Canadian PM crying when talking about his close personal friend dying.

:lol:  did you even see the clip?  he wasn't crying at all, looks teary eyed something you can't control but that is it.

Crying :lmao: 

44 minutes ago, revrnd said:

How about the 3rd generation of the Eaton family? Too busy playing w/ the family fortune to realize they were on the way out.

:dunno:  so more to the point Trudeau and whats his name didn't do that, they worked and made more money

geeeze

43 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I wonder where he started in the corporate ladder after university? Any word on summer employment doing manual labour or has he been white collar all his life?

you are asking a white collar guy :lol:  he hasn't ever worked blue collar :lol:  

Why not just as RR

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Pay attention Fail... he was supposed to put his business and financial investments into a blind trust which he failed to do and claimed he didn't know he was supposed to. That $146K a month isn't from his business investments or him being a very good business man. THAT MONEY IS FROM A FAMILY TRUST....

I remember reading a blurb on one of the McCains and how they had a tax free dividend of 4.5 million per year and was perplexed on how they managed that.