Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

And the hits keep coming.  

The CRA has issued a more recent tax“folio” indicating that employee discounts are to be considered taxable benefits. The sales clerk who gets a 25-per-cent discount on the shoes sold at her store is facing a new bill: The Canada Revenue Agency has indicated that employee discounts will now be taxed.

If there was ever the time for the old cartoon of the taxpayer in threadbare clothes w/ the pockets out, this is it.

But let's just go w/ this:

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for

7 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

And the hits keep coming.  

The CRA has issued a more recent tax“folio” indicating that employee discounts are to be considered taxable benefits. The sales clerk who gets a 25-per-cent discount on the shoes sold at her store is facing a new bill: The Canada Revenue Agency has indicated that employee discounts will now be taxed.

There must be something else to this, I can't see taxing a Mcdonalds employee for the free lunch they get

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's only fair.  I mean I don't get a free lunch, so why should someone else.

taxable benefits have been around along time, so what is so new? 

I really don't think they are lookng to tax free lunches, this has got to be fake news

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I really don't think they are lookng to tax free lunches, this has got to be fake news

No you moron its your hero and its true.

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Globe and Mail is fake news?

Trudeau is looking to take as much as he can get as they have a huge spending problem.

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

Globe and Mail is fake news?

Trudeau is looking to take as much as he can get as they have a huge spending problem.

that isn't what I meant - something doesn't add up here

We have had a spending problem for quite some time now, noting  new here.  Lets remember Trudeau doesn't get the keep the money.

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

We have had a spending problem for quite some time now, noting  new here.  Lets remember Trudeau doesn't get the keep the money.

LOL. Really?

Justin continually increases taxes on lower and middle class yet leaves his tax rates he pays on his numbered companies alone. So increase tax on the lower little guy and leave the upper class and trust funds alone.  He is taxing little guy to keep more for himself.  So he is keeping it while everyone else pays more.  

Its another tax on workers to fund his bullshit pandering.

Dont forget Fail you are the one continually going on about a tax break you recieved.  How does this work out for a Minimum wage mall clerk who used to get a clothing discount?  Still ahead in taxes are they?  He has clawed back any percieved tax break long ago.

But i guess it doesnt effect you so something doesnt add up.  And as Justin said tax cut!  So it must be true.

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

From my vantage point nothing this idiot has done makes any sense.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

LOL. Really?

Justin continually increases taxes on lower and middle class yet leaves his tax rates he pays on his numbered companies alone. So increase tax on the lower little guy and leave the upper class and trust funds alone.  He is taxing little guy to keep more for himself.  So he is keeping it while everyone else pays more.  

Its another tax on workers to fund his bullshit pandering.

Dont forget Fail you are the one continually going on about a tax break you recieved.  How does this work out for a Minimum wage mall clerk who used to get a clothing discount?  Still ahead in taxes are they?  He has clawed back any percieved tax break long ago.

But i guess it doesnt effect you so something doesnt add up.  And as Justin said tax cut!  So it must be true.

There is more to this but keep your eyes shut and your mouth open

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

From my vantage point nothing this idiot has done makes any sense.

from the look of this, there is no way to police it. 

When a Employee gets 10% or 20% off (whatever)  if that item sells at any one time during the year for that discount it will not be considered for taxes.

There is even more to this, as fucked as it is

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

When a Employee gets 10% or 20% off (whatever)  if that item sells at any one time during the year for that discount it will not be considered for taxes.

Cash is king.  But Trudeau is an idiot, when will you start to see it?

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

While franchises offer a paltry discount to their staff, independent business are known to give employees discounts of up to 50-70% off retail price. 

This is will be an administrative nightmare, and I bet some businesses will revoke staff privileges.  

Some of the people that this tax will really hurt are - the single mom that serves at an independent restaurant,  and golf and ski resort staff that enjoy free golf and skiing. 

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/we-re-not-doing-this-says-brison-of-employee-discount-tax-edict-1.3628374

Brison went on and on about helping the middle class and Martin was not impressed LOL Basically asked Brison if he was throwing the bureaucrats under the bus. He wouldn't say but that Minister (some Quebec MP) had clarified things. Funny I hadn't seen that on the news nor heard of her before tonight.

14 hours ago, Poncho said:

Justine was pounded in DC today. Old Donald killed him.  Justine just sat like a little girl in diapers watching on....sad

I'm sure Justin has been pounded a lot

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Easy to be the party of screw ups when you elect your cabinet on gender parity and not intelligence or experience

Ill Start...

McKenna, Monsef, Joly, Freeland........................all Idiots and figureheads.............kind of like the Leader.

• Thanks 1