Check your account email address ×

First snow!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Man that mother nature is a cock tease!  

Fucking Polaris is now saying shipment on the 137 850 wont be until December.   Not very fucking happy about that.

20191029_051739_resized.jpg

20191029_051752_resized.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Nice! I'll have 50+ of those paper leaf bags to fill once this big ass tree in my front yard decides to drop them. Probably while it's snowing  :sad: 

We had two big silver maples in the city that dropped about 50 bags of leaves. I usually waited till the wind blew them away for the most part or I blew them onto the neighbour's property lol. Up here we only have pine needles to deal with and I clean out the eaves 2-3 times a year.

29 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Fuck bagging leaves. Honda Quad cut makes it more better. I also let the wind do some of the work.

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Mulching FTW, plus it's better for the lawn. 

Walker mower with a grass collection system does the trick.   Just raise the front of the deck up a bit and go.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snopro31 said:

sucks but gotta let the frost form before.

Absolutely but this was enough for a few rips across the field with the new sled.....if it was in. :sad:

20 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Mulching FTW, plus it's better for the lawn. 

too much leaves is not good for the lawn.  I took 3 trailer loads to the dump last week   prob 3 more this weekend and I'll mulch the rest into the lawn/planter boxes.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

too much leaves is not good for the lawn.  I took 3 trailer loads to the dump last week   prob 3 more this weekend and I'll mulch the rest into the lawn/planter boxes.  

Actually it can be good for the lawn if it can break down over the winter.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Are you retarded? 

Just now, Highmark said:

Actually it can be good for the lawn if it can break down over the winter.  

but too much isn;t going to breakdown.  I usually clear up all the leaves at 90 percent or so down and then mulch in the rest.  I also mulch in early in the cycle but when they come down heavy i rake them into a tarp and dump them in the trailer.  takes longer to run to the dump than it does to fill the trailer using the tarp

Just now, Anler said:

I always mulch my leaves. Fuck that bagging shit. 

Easy for me.   I just dump it over the bluff in the back of the house.  Adds very little work or extra time. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

what would you like me to do with them.  they aren't going to break down over winter so I deal with them now or in the spring.

do you have a rider mower? Mulch that shit man... Either way if you want to get rid of them you break down the bulk to 10% of full leaves. 

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

We had two big silver maples in the city that dropped about 50 bags of leaves. I usually waited till the wind blew them away for the most part or I blew them onto the neighbour's property lol. Up here we only have pine needles to deal with and I clean out the eaves 2-3 times a year.

Pretty much exactly what I have out front. One big ol Maple tree! the dog loves it when I blow them all into a pile and he gets to play in it for a day or two so it's all worth it. Just too bad I can't blow them into the woods or out to the road where the city would come pick them up.

They are a benefit to your soil/turf.   MSU which is one of the most respected turf schools in the country also did a detailed study on it showing the value of mulching in your leaves.

https://www.scotts.com/en-us/library/lawn-care-basics/dont-rake-those-leaves-mulch-them-your-lawn

55 minutes ago, Anler said:

do you have a rider mower? Mulch that shit man... Either way if you want to get rid of them you break down the bulk to 10% of full leaves. 

hell no I'm not rich enough for one of those.  22 inch push mower,  i did spend the extra $40 to get one thats powered to replace my 10 year old true push.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

hell no I'm not rich enough for one of those.  22 inch push mower,  i did spend the extra $40 to get one thats powered to replace my 10 year old true push.  

Well thats what i use too. I never bag leaves. I run over them with the mulcher as many times as needed. Then in the spring I just bag the first couple mows and voila! My lawn is better homes and gardens lush!

Maybe I should try and mulch with my little shitty push mower if it’s good for the lawn. I’ve heard of some leaves being bad for the grass. Maybe that was from some fruit trees at a old house In Utah in lived at. Usually by the time they all fall I’ve got a solid coating and wasn’t sure how well the mower would even cut through it all. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Man that mother nature is a cock tease!  

Fucking Polaris is now saying shipment on the 137 850 wont be until December.   Not very fucking happy about that.

20191029_051739_resized.jpg

20191029_051752_resized.jpg

Ouch 

Edited by Kev144