Check your account email address ×

Where's Snot's 25k

OK, I can't fukkin make this any simpler for you intellectually-challenged individuals.

Picture that you are looking down at a 121" snowmobile track with 1" lugs. OK? If you were to take a tape measure and measure the OUTER CIRCUMFERENCE of that track, you would get a reading.

Now, if you take that same track with 3" lugs, you will get a measurement that is greater than the 1" track measurement. The difference is about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 %. 

In other words, the OUTER CIRCUMFERENCE of the 3" lugged track, is greater than the 1" track. 

Therefore, THE FINAL DRIVE RATIO is altered, because the track is the FINAL COMPONENT OF THE DRIVE TRAIN. 

I really want to rough you guyz up over this bullshit. I'm too old to kick your asses, but I would sure like to rough you up a bit. I don't mean kill ya' or nothin', but maybe just get you in a head-lock up at the woodpile, and choke you out, until you say " UNCLE "!!!!!

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You morphodites just keep talkin' about this bullshit, but none of you will go to PM and put 10 Gs where your

mouths are!!!!   

Because you will never pay. 

I think the best example was the belt at the grocery store checkout someone posted once. Do taller items move faster than shorter ones? 

• Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

OK, I can't fukkin make this any simpler for you intellectually-challenged individuals.

Picture that you are looking down at a 121" snowmobile track with 1" lugs. OK? If you were to take a tape measure and measure the OUTER CIRCUMFERENCE of that track, you would get a reading.

Now, if you take that same track with 3" lugs, you will get a measurement that is greater than the 1" track measurement. The difference is about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 %. 

In other words, the OUTER CIRCUMFERENCE of the 3" lugged track, is greater than the 1" track. 

Therefore, THE FINAL DRIVE RATIO is altered, because the track is the FINAL COMPONENT OF THE DRIVE TRAIN. 

I really want to rough you guyz up over this bullshit. I'm too old to kick your asses, but I would sure like to rough you up a bit. I don't mean kill ya' or nothin', but maybe just get you in a head-lock up at the woodpile, and choke you out, until you say " UNCLE "!!!!!

https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/gear-calculator/

https://www.racenssr.com/calc.htm

https://www.ibackshift.com/calculator

http://www.wahlracing.com/Gear-Ratio-Charts.html

Show me track thickness in these calculators?   Please keep me out of your homosexual woodpile fantasies.

Edited by Highmark

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Wrap that tape measure around a 174" track and see what it measures.  

Next time you're around a tracked rig watch it move.  The height of the grousers mean traction, nothing more.  

Thread ender.  Wheel rolls over the ground.   Track is the ground.  Lug height doesn't mean shit.   If this visual doesn't prove it to you then you are beyond help.

Which is traveling at a faster rate of speed.   The point the box is touching the conveyor or the top of the box?

Edited by Highmark

9 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

I'm saying the track and lug add diameter to the rear axle of the sled, it also adds diameter to the driven axle

I suppose if you ride like this, then the greater diameter at the rear axle would affect your final drive ratio.

snowmobile_wheelie.jpg

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Thread ender.  Wheel rolls over the ground.   Track is the ground.  Lug height doesn't mean shit.   If this visual doesn't prove it to you then you are beyond help.

If Frankie and Znotty can't comprehend that video then nothing on the planet will help them.  

Lug height will affect traction. Nothing more.  

The track is the road.  The diameter of the drive axle is the last component in the drive ratio formula.  The idler wheels and rear axle mean absolutely nothing.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

If ANY of you Fruitpackers ever are big enough to stand up to Uncle Znotty, let me know on PM. 

Maybe you can make yourself 10 Gs, but I doubt it.  

You're a welcher.....you made a bet with me and lost and for years you have not paid. 

Get lost welching loser. 

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wrap that tape measure around a 174" track and see what it measures.  

Next time you're around a tracked rig watch it move.  The height of the grousers mean traction, nothing more.  

ShortPants, do you even have 10 Gs?????

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

ShortPants, do you even have 10 Gs?????

Dude, its pretty obvious whats going on.   You know you're wrong but won't admit it because you will have lost the bet with Ben.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

You've been owned fully.....now kill yourself you brainless moron

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Dude, its pretty obvious whats going on.   You know you're wrong but won't admit it because you will have lost the bet with Ben.  

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

@Polaris 550

Why don't you come up to Tide Head so I can smash your face!

Pay Ben his money FAGGOT!

:finger:

I probably made more TODAY, than you faggots make all year. Sucks to be YOU!!!! LMMFAO!!

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Draggy, I could buy and sell you. 

I don't know Draggy , but from how he bothers you so much , I believe he owns you !!!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You're a dumb mother fucker. The track is running on the drivers. The same size driver will turn the track the same whether it's a 1" track or a 3" track. The track does NOT make 1 revolution for each revolution of the driver. It is not the same as a tire. The driver is the wheel not the track. Ffs. 

• Thanks 1