Check your account email address ×

Where's Snot's 25k

2 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

No

So if you put taller lugs on the 121 track would that sled travel further than the long track with every revolution of the secondary?  Can you measure how much further, like with a formula or something like you can with a wheel.  

The only part of the track that moves the sled is the flat part touching the ground.  All the arcs are irrelevant.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So if you put taller lugs on the 121 track would that sled travel further than the long track with every revolution of the secondary?  Can you measure how much further, like with a formula or something like you can with a wheel.  

The only part of the track that moves the sled is the flat part touching the ground.  All the arcs are irrelevant.  

Like me chop up my proof again, but imagine if a sled is cat walking and on the rear axle is touching the ground, a track with taller lugs will make it go farther exactly like a car wheel will with taller tires

Get rekt

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

You should consider taking up something productive, such as goat yoga.  

Hey fuck you motherfucker I just got done cutting wood! You probably have an office job, pansy ass bitch. Why don't you try living up here, then talk about being "productive"

I stop by on my time off,

2 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

Like me chop up my proof again, but imagine if a sled is cat walking and on the rear axle is touching the ground, a track with taller lugs will make it go farther exactly like a car wheel will with taller tires

Get rekt

No

Fuck you're stupid!

1 hour ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

Hey fuck you motherfucker I just got done cutting wood! You probably have an office job, pansy ass bitch. Why don't you try living up here, then talk about being "productive"

Job. He has a job.

Try it, seal sucker!

6 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

If you have some numbers for me, I can probably work up some formula in Excel and put it into a PowerPoint presentation for the next meeting.

Does it require me to leave the carpet?

Are we talking on a perfectly smooth trail?

Are we talking on a trail with 8" bumps?

Are we talking a Saturday at 4pm trail in the UP with 48" moguls?

You cannot precisely measure the amount of distance traveled with out knowing the distance traveled of the ass to seat during such traveling of distance.

Distance matters!!!

Edited by Legend

16 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

When I flick a booger I use my middle finger because the boogers go farther and it's more accurate than my index finger.

Dude, learn to roll that boog into a nice, tight ball and transfer it to your index finger and use your thumb for the flick!  You can hear it hit the wall!!!  POWAH!

As for the rest of this mess, I’m really not interested until Neal get here.

:lol: 

@NaturallyAspirated

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Legend said:

Are we talking on a perfectly smooth trail?

Are we talking on a trail with 8" bumps?

Are we talking a Saturday at 4pm trail in the UP with 48" moguls?

You cannot precisely measure the amount of distance traveled with out knowing the distance traveled of the ass to seat during such traveling of distance.

Distance matters!!!

Black tracks matter.

9 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

Get rekt

The only part of the track that moves the sled is the flat part touching the ground.  Try imagining the sled not cat walking, just gliding along on nice level ground.  

Taller lugs have no affect on the drive ratio.  ZERO.  The drive ratio is determined by all the other round things between the crankshaft and the track but the track itself has no affect.  

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The only part of the track that moves the sled is the flat part touching the ground.  Try imagining the sled not cat walking, just gliding along on nice level ground.  

Taller lugs have no affect on the drive ratio.  ZERO.  The drive ratio is determined by all the other round things between the crankshaft and the track but the track itself has no affect.  

It would be interesting to see if lugs will change distance traveled on flat ground, but it is a fact that the track acts like a wheel around the rear axle.

I imagine they it has small flick affect, but for sure if catwalking the track acts just like a wheel

1 minute ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

It would be interesting to see if lugs will change distance traveled on flat ground, but it is a fact that the track acts like a wheel around the rear axle.

I imagine they it has small flick affect, but for sure if catwalking the track acts just like a wheel

100% wrong

• Thanks 1

The ORIGINAL question was posed by Franklin James. It stated: ALL OTHER FACTORS BEING EQUAL, DOES LUG HEIGHT AFFECT FINAL DRIVE RATIO, ON A FLAT HARD PLANE. 

I said it does. Anybody that wants to bet me can go to PM, and we'll arrange it. 

Don't waste my fukkin time if you're a broom-stick armed, ADHD Ritalin user from Indiana/Minnesota. 

17 minutes ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

24" rear idlers = cheap speed.