Check your account email address ×

Why does god hate Minnesota so much?

Since the turn of the century, Boston's professional sports teams have won twelve championships: six by the Patriots (Super Bowls XXXVI (2001), XXXVIII (2003), XXXIX (2004), XLIX (2014), LI (2016), and LIII (2018)), four by the Red Sox (2004, 2007, 2013, and 2018) and one each by the Celtics (2008) and the Bruins (2011) respectively. Their sports teams have also appeared an additional eleven times as league finalists: five by the Revolution (2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2014), three by the Patriots (Super Bowls XLII (2007), XLVI (2011), and LII (2017)), two by the Bruins (2013, and 2019) and one by the Celtics (2010). The recent sporting success of their teams has given rise to the city's monicker as the "City of Champions",[8][9][10][11] and "Titletown".[12][13][14]

In the 2000s, Boston's professional teams had what was argued to be the most successful decade in sports history, winning six championships (three by the Patriots, two by the Red Sox and one by the Celtics),[15] while also appearing an additional five times as league finalists (four by the Revolution, one by the Patriots).

In the 2010s, their professional teams rivaled their 2000s achievements, winning six additional championships (three by the Patriots, two by the Red Sox and one by the Bruins), while also appearing an additional six times as league finalists (two by the Patriots, two by the Bruins one by the Celtics, and one by the Revolution).

When the Bruins won the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals, the city of Boston became the first city in the 21st century to have all four of its major professional league teams win a league championship, and became the only city to ever have championships in all four major professional leagues within a ten-year span, accomplishing this feat in a span of six years, four months, and nine days (from the Patriots' championship win on February 6, 2005 to the Bruins' championship win on June 15, 2011).[16] This sporting achievement was what Dan Shaughnessy of Sports Illustrated dubbed as Boston completing the "Grand Slam of North American sports."[17]

The Bruins reaching the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals also allowed Boston to join Philadelphia as being the only cities to have had all of their teams play in each of the four major North American professional sports leagues' title rounds since 2000. In addition, Boston beat out Philadelphia for playing in all of the "big" league championship rounds in the shortest time in the new millennium by doing so within a span of three years, seven months, and four days (from the Red Sox's World Series win on October 28, 2007, to the Bruins playing game 1 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals on June 1, 2011); it took nine years for Philadelphia to achieve this in contrast. However, Philadelphia holds the all-time record for achieving this feat, having set the record much earlier between 1980 and 1981 when all four major league teams played in their respective championship games within an eight month span. When the Bruins reached the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, Boston became the only city to have had all of their major league teams play in their leagues' championship title rounds two times or more this century.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Since the turn of the century, Boston's professional sports teams have won twelve championships: six by the Patriots (Super Bowls XXXVI (2001), XXXVIII (2003), XXXIX (2004), XLIX (2014), LI (2016), and LIII (2018)), four by the Red Sox (2004, 2007, 2013, and 2018) and one each by the Celtics (2008) and the Bruins (2011) respectively. Their sports teams have also appeared an additional eleven times as league finalists: five by the Revolution (2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2014), three by the Patriots (Super Bowls XLII (2007), XLVI (2011), and LII (2017)), two by the Bruins (2013, and 2019) and one by the Celtics (2010). The recent sporting success of their teams has given rise to the city's monicker as the "City of Champions",[8][9][10][11] and "Titletown".[12][13][14]

In the 2000s, Boston's professional teams had what was argued to be the most successful decade in sports history, winning six championships (three by the Patriots, two by the Red Sox and one by the Celtics),[15] while also appearing an additional five times as league finalists (four by the Revolution, one by the Patriots).

In the 2010s, their professional teams rivaled their 2000s achievements, winning six additional championships (three by the Patriots, two by the Red Sox and one by the Bruins), while also appearing an additional six times as league finalists (two by the Patriots, two by the Bruins one by the Celtics, and one by the Revolution).

When the Bruins won the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals, the city of Boston became the first city in the 21st century to have all four of its major professional league teams win a league championship, and became the only city to ever have championships in all four major professional leagues within a ten-year span, accomplishing this feat in a span of six years, four months, and nine days (from the Patriots' championship win on February 6, 2005 to the Bruins' championship win on June 15, 2011).[16] This sporting achievement was what Dan Shaughnessy of Sports Illustrated dubbed as Boston completing the "Grand Slam of North American sports."[17]

The Bruins reaching the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals also allowed Boston to join Philadelphia as being the only cities to have had all of their teams play in each of the four major North American professional sports leagues' title rounds since 2000. In addition, Boston beat out Philadelphia for playing in all of the "big" league championship rounds in the shortest time in the new millennium by doing so within a span of three years, seven months, and four days (from the Red Sox's World Series win on October 28, 2007, to the Bruins playing game 1 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals on June 1, 2011); it took nine years for Philadelphia to achieve this in contrast. However, Philadelphia holds the all-time record for achieving this feat, having set the record much earlier between 1980 and 1981 when all four major league teams played in their respective championship games within an eight month span. When the Bruins reached the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, Boston became the only city to have had all of their major league teams play in their leagues' championship title rounds two times or more this century.

When you move to Boston? 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fixed.  Its a New England thing.  Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins no matter.

All Boston teams. Wake me up when the pats or any of the others have their parades down the streets of Augusta or Portland ME. 

Edited by frenchy

Just now, frenchy said:

All Boston teams. Wake me up when the pats or any of the others have their parades down the streets of Augusta or Portland ME. 

Just saying that New Englanders generally identify with all of those teams.

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Like I said. Hate massholes love masshole teams. 

It’s a cute little dichotomy 

You ever drive up 128 in rush hour?  The name is well earned, and we all dont drive like that.  :lol: Fuck I remember some crazy bastard following me down Rt. 15 in nw Maine one cold winter night and I was catching air on the frost heaves, and he was still right on my back bumper.  I would have guessed him to be a Masshole. :lol:  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You ever drive up 128 in rush hour?  The name is well earned, and we all dont drive like that.  :lol: 

Some might say the term masshole could apply to all new englanders... :news:

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You ever drive up 128 in rush hour?  The name is well earned, and we all dont drive like that.  :lol: Fuck I remember some crazy bastard following me down Rt. 15 in nw Maine one cold winter night and I was catching air on the frost heaves, and he was still right on my back bumper.  I would have guessed him to be a Masshole. :lol:  :bc: 

Lol. I was antsy! 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

But Ct is the worst. At least when massholes come up here and run the hammer lane at 60 mph, you can ride the bumper and push them to 75 or 80 . Then they finally pull over. The ct people will just stay there driving 60. 

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

well I wish you guys would keep your masshole drivers in your own state and not fucking up neighboring states interstate traffic. same for the connetitcunts

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, 01mxz800 said:

well I wish you guys would keep your masshole drivers in your own state and not fucking up neighboring states interstate traffic. same for the connetitcunts

How about when you see a Quebec plate!!

Those fucks don't have a clue of what's going on around them on the road..

Just now, Rigid1 said:

How about when you see a Quebec plate!!

Those fucks don't have a clue of what's going on around them on the road..

Quebec drivers should be pulled to the side of the road and shot, both car and big trucks, must get their licences out of vending machines

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, frenchy said:

How about Rumford?

Patriots parade through Rumford brings, cheerleaders, mascot, oldest living fan

Roger White organized the Super Bowl parade for fans who wanted a taste of Gillette Stadium in western Maine.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

But Ct is the worst. At least when massholes come up here and run the hammer lane at 60 mph, you can ride the bumper and push them to 75 or 80 . Then they finally pull over. The ct people will just stay there driving 60. 

Not this CT driver.  I’m usually 75-85, and the left lane loafers drive me nuts too.  :bc:   Check your rear views..

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

FACT!   include NY and NJ  tahds in that description as well.

Edited by old indy