Check your account email address ×

Spaghetti sauce

Pete

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pretty darn good for sure.  

Bertolli is my favorite.  This is just one of many Bertolli Sauces that are great.  

3402edab-1d0d-49b7-af4e-ce103a19854f_1.e

I mean, I know some of these guys/gals make some out of this world homemade sauce.  But, for me, this gets it done pretty well and is simple and easy.  The only thing I’m gonna babysit and stir for two days is chili.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Made some yesterday. When available Ill use plum tomatoes from my garden. When not Pastene imported from Italy.

Paste paste.

pork sirloin , sweet sasauge, zhucinni , spinach , Vidalia onions , Italian peppers. . Do it in a crockpot for about 15 hrs. Then make meatballs and toss that in too.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smokin george said:

I cut boneless/skinless chicken breast in half, dip in egg,coat with spiced breadcrumbs and fry. I put the sauce I make in the bottom of a roasting pan and put a layer of the breasts in.then more sauce and breasts cover with the rest of the sauce and bake for a couple hours at low temp and serve over pasta. 

No motzarella on top?

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Not so sure about sugar in the sauce. I was never a fan of that.

Just a teaspoon. It,s not for taste , it's to nutrulize the acids in tomatoes so you don't get the shits.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

No motzarella on top?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Just a teaspoon. It,s not for taste , it's to nutrulize the acids in tomatoes so you don't get the shits.

Only on the portions that"s for dinner. The rest goes in freezer bags. I usually do enough for another 6 dinners

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

that is awesome. 

In my moms case that recipe book would have been about 5 pages otherwise she was a pretty marginal cook.  She could make good sauce,  pot roast,  apple pie and cinnamon rolls with the extra pie crust.  that was about it.  

:bc:

:lmao: :lol:

49 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

To get rid of the acid you have to cook it out before you add water to your sauce.  But you have to be careful not to scorch it. 

She browns the meat, then adds garlic, onion green pepper.  When the onions are soft and clear in color, she adds tomato paste. Cook while stirring until the paste changes from bright red to brownish orange color. Once that happens, that has eliminated the acid from the tomato paste.

Her recipe calls for 2 tsp of sugar  

The only thing spicy I like in meat sauce is Italian sausage. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

We make a really good home made sauce from scratch when we have time but I've come up with a really good quick recipe to doctor up Prego. Green peppers, vidalia onion, 1/2 teaspoon of fennel, 1/2 teaspoonof sweet basil and hot or regular Italian sausage. Thin the sauce a bit with water and let simmer for an hour.