Check your account email address ×

GM takes a steamy piss all over the gt350

Rod

2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Jesus Cripe!!!!!!!! Do you really think that all the automotive shows, magazines and whatever other test facilities run every vehicle on the same day every time. It is what it is...... The Camaro ran a faster time plain and simple. If you would like I'll let a friend of mine, who's an engineer on the Camaro program, know that he and his buds werent being fair to the Mustang boys by running on a better day than them. :cry:

You're right... the Camaro ran a faster time... with a bigger super charged engine than the smaller non-supercharged engine in the Mustang. Doesn't mean it is faster every time. Nobody seems to want to accept that there are a lot of factors that will contribute to the times other than the car itself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You're right... the Camaro ran a faster time... with a bigger super charged engine than the smaller non-supercharged engine in the Mustang. Doesn't mean it is faster every time. Nobody seems to want to accept that there are a lot of factors that will contribute to the times other than the car itself.

I'll acknowledge that fact, but you can say that about any race/test.

Edited by Skidude600
clarification
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

So.................. If the GT350R is faster than the ZL1 then its faster but not really. Sounds to me like the Mustang boys need to get better drivers to test their vehicles and pay more attention to the weather.

:lol:

30 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

So.................. If the GT350R is faster than the ZL1 then its faster but not really. Sounds to me like the Mustang boys need to get better drivers to test their vehicles and pay more attention to the weather.

Hey the Mustang boys should be glad that no one in comparing the Ford R to a Vette ZR1 :lol: 

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

12 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Sorry . Typo ..Supposed to be 05

I figured that's what you meant, but wanted to make sure :bc:

10 hours ago, 02sled said:

You can't see the forest for the trees. 2.6 seconds over say 5 miles versus 2.6 seconds over 1/2 mile is a big variable. Still no mention of the conditions and the driver. The driver is one of the biggest variables. I've watched Indy cars race where the same car same track different day and lap times vary significantly. Gee I wonder why if as you seem to believe the car itself is the only criteria that counts. 

How about doing a better comparison of the Camaro to the street legal race ready mustang rather than the standard GT 350

Exactly 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yep.   I would ram both of those cars right off the track with an old rotted out 318 Coronet.  

:lol::lmao:

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So with this logic....if Chevy got a better driver and ran the laps under better conditions it could be 5 or 6 seconds faster then the Ford, maybe more? 

Not likely 

23 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So with this logic....if Chevy got a better driver and ran the laps under better conditions it could be 5 or 6 seconds faster then the Ford, maybe more? 

Now youre gonna confuse the whole thing for them... :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I will still take the SL65 amg any day over the Detroit iron. only way to get a 630hp 6.0  v12 out in fr of u . 

For sure...but amg on this forum stands for angry mustang guy and thats svt renegade xrs... :lol:

Just now, Dave said:

For sure...but amg on this forum stands for angry mustang guy and thats svt renegade xrs... :lol:

really? degrading a quality brand by tainting it with mustang talk. that is not right AMG deserves far more respect than that . hell my wife had a AMG wagon that would kill mustangs .

I loved kicking the shit out of stangs and Camaros in mammas wagon with the air-conditioned seats on  . the best was the laughs from there buddy in the passenger seat.

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

really? degrading a quality brand by tainting it with mustang talk. that is not right AMG deserves far more respect than that . hell my wife had a AMG wagon that would kill mustangs .

I loved kicking the shit out of stangs and Camaros in mammas wagon with the air-conditioned seats on  . the best was the laughs from there buddy in the passenger seat.

Youre thinking way to deep man.... :bc:

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Yawn. :zzz: 

9 hours ago, Dave said:

No no...amg(jay)(svt renegade xrs) threatens to beat up anyone who crosses him....hence the name.

But he's really a Internet tough guy.   Noodle arms and soft! :lol: