Check your account email address ×

f7ben ......FTMFW!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Worked a horrible midnight last night but made it through. Got home today and decided to take my new mower apart that wouldnt run right this year. It's only 3 years old so that really pissed me off this year when it wouldnt stay running.

Took the carb apart and the fucking float jet was corroded in place and wouldnt move or let enough gas in to run it. Cheap fucking junk. Oh well....fixed now and I'm mowing again. 

Today's a new day!!!

You need Mechanic in a bottle..

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Its Kerosene..

I've never found proof if that:

Star brite (www.starbrite.com ), supplier of an array of hardware, cleaners, polishes, treatments, adhesives and other products, also markets various gas and diesel fuel additives, including a biocide, a water absorber and stabilizer, and an enzyme-based product called Star Tron.

Different from most additives, Star Tron is a blend of enzymes, complex proteins that act as catalysts in starting and/or speeding up biochemical reactions without itself being changed or used up, according to Star brite vice presidents Jeff Tieger and Bill Lindsey. They say Star Tron’s enzymes do a number of helpful things. For starters, they keep water molecules from bonding with each other, a problem with fuels containing ethanol. Star Tron also reduces surface tension of water molecules, they say, and helps microscopic water drops remain in suspension so they can be removed by a good water separator filter or burn through during ignition in small amounts.

The higher-octane rating of ethanol gasoline comes in part from the ethanol, but unless it is burned right away the ethanol can combine with moisture, drop out of suspension and accumulate with water just above the bottom of the tank, causing the fuel to lose some of its octane rating. Star Tron’s enzymes help eliminate water accumulation, keeping the ethanol molecules in suspension, they say. Also, Star brite executives contend the enzymes stabilize fuel and enable more oxygen to attach to it at the point of ignition, producing a more complete fuel burn, more power per gallon and fewer emissions.

Star Tron’s enzymes do other jobs, as well, according to Tieger and Lindsey. For example, over time they help break down and disperse the sludge formed when water and ethanol drop out in gasoline. In diesel, while dispersing water, the enzymes also disperse “diesel algae,” the tar-like stuff that grows in the water on the bottom of the tank. They say Star Tron helps the filtration system work more efficiently and in time cleans a diesel tank completely. Smaller particles pass readily through the fuel filters and burn harmlessly in the engine, while larger particles are removed by the filtration system. Star brite says enzymes also remove gum and carbon deposits in a combustion chamber without solvents or detergents.

Users at first will notice more smoke in the exhaust, a result of enzymes dislodging and dispersing deposits and contaminants that burn through during ignition, the company says. This stops as soon as the tank is clean and deposits are removed, it adds. Star brite also says that when using its product in fuel that’s carrying a lot of sludge, an owner likely will have to change filters often while the gunk works its way out and larger particles are captured.

11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I've never found proof if that:

Star brite (www.starbrite.com ), supplier of an array of hardware, cleaners, polishes, treatments, adhesives and other products, also markets various gas and diesel fuel additives, including a biocide, a water absorber and stabilizer, and an enzyme-based product called Star Tron.

Different from most additives, Star Tron is a blend of enzymes, complex proteins that act as catalysts in starting and/or speeding up biochemical reactions without itself being changed or used up, according to Star brite vice presidents Jeff Tieger and Bill Lindsey. They say Star Tron’s enzymes do a number of helpful things. For starters, they keep water molecules from bonding with each other, a problem with fuels containing ethanol. Star Tron also reduces surface tension of water molecules, they say, and helps microscopic water drops remain in suspension so they can be removed by a good water separator filter or burn through during ignition in small amounts.

The higher-octane rating of ethanol gasoline comes in part from the ethanol, but unless it is burned right away the ethanol can combine with moisture, drop out of suspension and accumulate with water just above the bottom of the tank, causing the fuel to lose some of its octane rating. Star Tron’s enzymes help eliminate water accumulation, keeping the ethanol molecules in suspension, they say. Also, Star brite executives contend the enzymes stabilize fuel and enable more oxygen to attach to it at the point of ignition, producing a more complete fuel burn, more power per gallon and fewer emissions.

Star Tron’s enzymes do other jobs, as well, according to Tieger and Lindsey. For example, over time they help break down and disperse the sludge formed when water and ethanol drop out in gasoline. In diesel, while dispersing water, the enzymes also disperse “diesel algae,” the tar-like stuff that grows in the water on the bottom of the tank. They say Star Tron helps the filtration system work more efficiently and in time cleans a diesel tank completely. Smaller particles pass readily through the fuel filters and burn harmlessly in the engine, while larger particles are removed by the filtration system. Star brite says enzymes also remove gum and carbon deposits in a combustion chamber without solvents or detergents.

Users at first will notice more smoke in the exhaust, a result of enzymes dislodging and dispersing deposits and contaminants that burn through during ignition, the company says. This stops as soon as the tank is clean and deposits are removed, it adds. Star brite also says that when using its product in fuel that’s carrying a lot of sludge, an owner likely will have to change filters often while the gunk works its way out and larger particles are captured.

Take a cup of startron and put a few drops of water in it..let us know when the water is gone, blended, or anything other than a glob at the bottom of the cup.. It will be there for ever..

Next take your startron and get an empty soda can, flip it upside-down, pour your startron on the carbon date stamp,..see if it removes the carbon,.it won't. Next light it on fire, it will smell like KERO (because it is) it will burn so dirty, black soot will pour off it just like KERO..So add that crap to your valve train as it burns..

The MSDS sheet states it's KERO BTW..

Stuff is garbage and does absolutely nothing it claims, actually has the opposite effect..Dirty's your engine rather than clean it..

27 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Take a cup of startron and put a few drops of water in it..let us know when the water is gone, blended, or anything other than a glob at the bottom of the cup.. It will be there for ever..

Next take your startron and get an empty soda can, flip it upside-down, pour your startron on the carbon date stamp,..see if it removes the carbon,.it won't. Next light it on fire, it will smell like KERO (because it is) it will burn so dirty, black soot will pour off it just like KERO..So add that crap to your valve train as it burns..

The MSDS sheet states it's KERO BTW..

Stuff is garbage and does absolutely nothing it claims, actually has the opposite effect..Dirty's your engine rather than clean it..

We have been using and selling it for many years, many, many happy repeat customers..right now I'm using 60 gallons of almost 2-1/2 year old Ethanol gasoline which was treated with StarTron when the fuel was purchased, no stale smell and runs perfect in our ATV's, snowmobiles, Chainsaws, mowers and trimmers, will probably still have 10-15 gallons left over come next Spring/Summer, I'm convinced it works as described..

SnowTech test:

Here at SnowTech we are bombarded each year with box after box of new products for our staff to preview, review and analyze. So when a new bottle of something shows up, we are very skeptical, to say the least. Especially when it comes to additives, oils, anything in a bottle. But every now and then we find one that impresses us, and here we have one of those.
This time we have a fuel additive called “Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment”. This stuff is fairly popular in the marine industry, and being labeled as an enzyme it got our attention.
This Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment basically is a fuel stabilizer. Pour it in and the fuel should remain viable for over a year. This makes it an excellent choice for storage or for engines that are not used every month (which is about the shelf life of most fuel these days).
It also is an excellent counter agent for ethanol fuels, helping to keep water from forming a layer or causing problems. Bacteria, fungi, mold, and yeast have just met their match.

An enzyme is a biochemical catalyst. To catalyze something, the enzyme increases the rate of a chemical reaction.

An enzyme is a biochemical catalyst. To catalyze something, the enzyme increases the rate of a chemical reaction.
Finding an enzyme that reacts with fuel is really cool. With all of the various EPA requirements, one never really knows for sure what they’re pouring into their tank. How fresh is the gas, how much ethanol does it contain, how much water is in there, what is the octane. You just don’t know. Fuel these days is a mixture of hydrocarbons (and other stuff) that consists of molecules of various chain lengths. Long-chain hydrocarbons, short-chain hydrocarbons, and all lengths in between.
The short-chain hydrocarbons are what make up the “light ends” in the fuel, the stuff that vaporizes easily and goes BANG. The long-chain hydrocarbons are the heavy stuff that doesn’t like to burn very well. Ideally, we don’t want too many of either of these, instead it would be nice to have more medium length molecules going into our engines for a more complete burn.

What you will most likely notice is how smoothly an engine will run when using this stuff. The hydrocarbon chain bonding is altered by the enzymes, so we get a more homogeneous fuel than we would otherwise. Homogeneous means the fuel is going to be composed of a more uniform chain length. Fewer heavy chains means cleaner burning fuel, with less carbon and soot. This product will help to clean carbon (yes, even dirty power valves) and the entire fuel system. The engine will run smoother, start easier, and there should be a slight but true gain in power and efficiency. And what is really cool is it will, to a degree, rejuvenate stale fuel.
Add an ounce of Star Tron for every three gallons for the first dose to shock the system, then back off to an ounce per six gallons. That means an 8 ounce bottle is good for 48 gallons of fuel after the initial treatment.
Add a bottle to start with, and then see what your usage is. If you use the engine all the time the fuel should stay fresh, but as soon as you get to the point the sled or whatever is going to be idle for a while, get some more Star Tron in there. Or, if it is at the end of the season, for sure give it a shot. The ratio isn’t all that critical, we’re told that overdosing isn’t harmful, and adding it every time you add fuel is going to help, but again, if you’re going to burn the fuel up quickly there isn’t going to be as great of a benefit in that you don’t need the stabilizer. Of course, you will still realize the running quality benefit and cleaning action, which is a good thing for power valve applications. Or, if you’re being forced to use 10% ethanol fuel, then adding it every time is going to be a good thing.
Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment comes in several bottle shapes and sizes; the smaller 8 ounce bottles are handy and easy to carry. You will see the difference in your spark plugs and amount of carbon on the power valves, and where you will really see it is in low RPM situations like two-stroke trolling motors. Instead of the rough running chuga-chuga that you’ve been used to, you should notice smoother running and easier starting.
Where can you buy it? Most every marine dealer carries it, but it is also found in most Wal-Mart stores, Fleet Farm (Wisconsin based) and can also be ordered on-line (get a case #14308 of six of the 8 ounce bottles). It comes in 8 ounce, 16 ounce, 32 ounce, whatever you want. It is cheaper per ounce in the larger quantities, of course, but you will usually pay about $25 for a 32 ounce bottle (which treats 192 gallons) which comes to about 13 cents per gallon – cheap insurance against fuel related problems.

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We have been using and selling it for many years, many, many happy repeat customers..right now I'm using 60 gallons of almost 2-1/2 year old Ethanol gasoline which was treated with StarTron when the fuel was purchased, no stale smell and runs perfect in our ATV's, snowmobiles, Chainsaws, mowers and trimmers, will probably still have 10-15 gallons left over come next Spring/Summer, I'm convinced it works as described..

Do some of your own tests,..it does nothing..

And if you're dumping 2 1/2 year old fuel in your customers equipment,.That's just wrong and I don't care what it's treated with.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Do some of your own tests,..it does nothing..

And if you're dumping 2 1/2 year old fuel in your customers equipment,.That's just wrong and I don't care what it's treated with.

I've done years of testing using it, works perfect..and no, that old fuel is only used in our own equipment..as I stated.

Edited by XCR1250

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Fucking small engine nerds

I could replace 2 carbs for what a bottle of either of your snake oils cost!!!1

Lolz

Mechanic in a bottle works great and it’s cheap. I use it in all of my small engines and I don’t have to pull carbs apart.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Fucking small engine nerds

I could replace 2 carbs for what a bottle of either of your snake oils cost!!!1

Lolz

Sure but the minute you start boiling water, all hell breaks loose! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It takes less than a minute to pull this carb. Probably less than 5 to clean it.

Very simple setup. Also they used good fuel line on this mower 

:lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

Its 3/8th black auto fuel line. Is that the standard for cheap mowers now? If so that's good because ethanol wont ever affect that shit

Umm, yeah, for like 40 years..part # 430173..

Screenshot_20190818-203336.png

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Umm, yeah, for like 40 years..part # 430173..

Screenshot_20190818-203336.png

Huh....my other mower has the shitty clear line just like my weed whacker and chainsaw and ice auger etc.

Just now, f7ben said:

Huh....my other mower has the shitty clear line just like my weed whacker and chainsaw and ice auger etc.

Depends if it's gravity fed or has a fuel pump that would pressurize or create a vacuum in the line..the clear is obviously for gravity/low suction application..Heat and routing also comes into play as the clear or yellow tygon line will kink easy..

:bc:

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you have a Ice auger,then you Ice fish you lying flaming Phaggit.