Check your account email address ×

SSI dynos 2020 cat 800 against a 2019!

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I havent heard of a single person reporting 120+ speeds gps on a stock one. Admittedly I havent kept too much of an eye on them because the procross is such a faggot ass shitpile

Spend some time on TY 4-stroke.   I believe guys are talking significantly higher numbers stock.  

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yammie motor and clutching.   Not all Cat.  

I've ran my boosted Sidewinder against stock one's on the Weenie Roast shaved track the week before the race.   Stock ones still run extremely well.  

IMG_20171221_182653_264.jpg

ya but it is the chasis that limits the speed. Put that engine in a 90's chasis and watch it go 140mph stock.

34 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

ya but it is the chasis that limits the speed. Put that engine in a 90's chasis and watch it go 140mph stock.

Higher COG makes all the new ones a bit slower than older metal with same hp.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Higher COG makes all the new ones a bit slower than older metal with same hp.

Cog is actually probably not a lot different....the sleds are taller though with way more air going under them.

Just now, f7ben said:

Cog is actually probably not a lot different....the sleds are taller though with way more air going under them.

There was an interesting article I read on that years ago.  I'd have thought the same but, there's actually quite a bit.  COG is shifted up about 4-6 inches in the newer sleds.  Doesn't sound like much but apparently it is.  Anyway...most of it comes from rider positioning.  I know I can follow a bud on some older metal in the morning and he can maneuver a lot easier than I can.  I gotta "hang ten" to keep mine flat.  Those older sleds can really corner nice.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

On snow and bone stock?

Yes.   I haven't been on there in a while but I can post some links when I do.

205 HP Ben.   I don't care if its heavy they can run on top.  Probably not much heavier than a 05-07 Mach. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ManOnManOral said:

When the SRX come out they did things for chassis efficiency.   Lowered, 1" track.  

I have 2 2001 piped Tcats and while they eat 800-850's for lunch eat doesn't hold a candle to the Winder.  Even stock.  

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

When the SRX come out they did things for chassis efficiency.   Lowered, 1" track.  

I have 2 2001 piped Tcats and while they eat 800-850's for lunch eat doesn't hold a candle to the Winder.  Even stock.  

Well....the new yammicat must be absolute miles faster than the z1 and procross 1100t. I've had both of those in stock form and angood running 800 will give them fits until over 100mph

2 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Who the fuck wants to trail ride a 90s chassis?

Especially with 300hp.

I'll take the few mph less. My back and body will love me!!

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well....the new yammicat must be absolute miles faster than the z1 and procross 1100t. I've had both of those in stock form and angood running 800 will give them fits until over 100mph

My buds 2013 1100 at 240 was swapping wins with stock 2018 xtx.

It is better.

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A stock z1t is lame 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Track attack angle with longer travel suspensions is a major scrub off of speed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Track attack angle with longer travel suspensions is a major scrub off of speed. 

Yup....that's why many times the longer track models are faster on top

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Well they are almost 40 hp stronger stock. 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Who the fuck wants to trail ride a 90s chassis?

Especially with 300hp.

I'll take the few mph less. My back and body will love me!!

I’d “throw a leg” after a fresh trail groom.  Nothing corners like well set up older metal.  

I’d just want to make sure I didn’t get too far out before I ran it back home so as to avoid ANY bumps.  Just looking at those older sleds now hurts my knees. :lol: 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well they are almost 40 hp stronger stock. 

No they arent.....20 maybe. That 207hp was such a line of bullshit. They dyno upper 180s low 190s at best

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No they arent.....20 maybe. That 207hp was such a line of bullshit. They dyno upper 180s low 190s at best

I have a hard time believing a new SRX or Thundercat won’t radar past 120 miles an hour on good ice. My 2012 cat turbo 141 lumberwagon only went 110 and I was disappointed. My Apex would do 120 miles an hour out of the box stock.  My 2000 SRX did about 124 miles an hour on the lake on radar. 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I have a hard time believing a new SRX or Thundercat won’t radar past 120 miles an hour on good ice. My 2012 cat turbo 141 lumberwagon only went 110 and I was disappointed. My Apex would do 120 miles an hour out of the box stock.  My 2000 SRX did about 124 miles an hour on the lake on radar. 

I'm talking snow....not ice and from what I recall reading the 2017 winder was out of gear at 125 or something in od

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm talking snow....not ice and from what I recall reading the 2017 winder was out of gear at 125 or something in od

Same pretty much.  Good flat hard pan or snow covered road.