Check your account email address ×

SSI dynos 2020 cat 800 against a 2019!

Rod

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I haven't had a season less than 1000 miles since I was 21 you retard.

Every single place i ride from my home has grades, rivers , lakes ,  paved bike trails, long swamps and pipeline and powerline. There isnt a single ride I take where snow allows that i dont exceed 100.

Are you fucking retarded?

No. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

If the lakes have good snow they are generally too fucking rough for much time above 100.  

I'd say I spend less than 5% near or above 100 mph.   Some rides more...some less.   Its getting there quick that's the most fun anyway.

Don't really care to meet a deer at 120 mph so I surely limit that as we get into the evening and night riding on the trails.    

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If the lakes have good snow they are generally too fucking rough for much time above 100.  

I'd say I spend less than 5% near or above 100 mph.   Some rides more...some less.   Its getting there quick that's the most fun anyway.

Don't really care to meet a deer at 120 mph so I surely limit that as we get into the evening and night riding on the trails.    

Acceleration is where the fun is. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sure for short bursts at a time.

Mostly yes. Less than 1 mile. Lake vermillion is miles and miles of groomed lake trail. You could do over 100 for as long as you wanted. I ride a section of grade that's 30 miles and it's like an highway. It's only about 12' wide but I've done over 100 down it for miles. The river we ride has a stretch that's about 22 miles and you could ride that whole stretch over 100 if your sled will do it. There are sections of powerline and pipeline that turn into highways in the winter. I held the 850 over 100 for 5 miles or so multiple times last year down that.

Obviously there is tons of riding way below those speeds but it's nice to stretch the legs when you get to the good spots 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mostly yes. Less than 1 mile. Lake vermillion is miles and miles of groomed lake trail. You could do over 100 for as long as you wanted. I ride a section of grade that's 30 miles and it's like an highway. It's only about 12' wide but I've done over 100 down it for miles. The river we ride has a stretch that's about 22 miles and you could ride that whole stretch over 100 if your sled will do it. There are sections of powerline and pipeline that turn into highways in the winter. I held the 850 over 100 for 5 miles or so multiple times last year down that.

Obviously there is tons of riding way below those speeds but it's nice to stretch the legs when you get to the good spots 

Pinned the assault up on the tuscobia last season for a long ways. Figured if that bitch was gonna blow it would have been then. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Pinned the assault up on the tuscobia last season for a long ways. Figured if that bitch was gonna blow it would have been then. 

Yup....same with the 850. It just hummed along for miles like a watch showing 115-117 on the speedo. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....same with the 850. It just hummed along for miles like a watch showing 115-117 on the speedo. 

Well mine would only hit 106-107 on the speedo. Good enough and plenty to stay ahead of the cats... :news: 

Just now, Anler said:

Well mine would only hit 106-107 on the speedo. Good enough and plenty to stay ahead of the cats... :news: 

Doo speedo was off 6-7% ....my poo speedo was off too but not quite that much.

Just now, f7ben said:

Doo speedo was off 6-7% ....my poo speedo was off too but not quite that much.

The first year i had it me, vince and dan lined up on a lake and ran em all against the gps. mine was within 1 mph. It was also faster in the 1/4 mile and top speed that both the cat 137 and poo pro s 137. In fact the only sled I lined up against that beat me was droo... 

Just now, Anler said:

The first year i had it me, vince and dan lined up on a lake and ran em all against the gps. mine was within 1 mph. It was also faster in the 1/4 mile and top speed that both the cat 137 and poo pro s 137. In fact the only sled I lined up against that beat me was droo... 

Drew's sled is fast....it wont hang with an 850 but it's not off by much

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Drew's sled is fast....it wont hang with an 850 but it's not off by much

Ima do some tweeks on the assault, should gape everything after that... :news:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'm torn between going back to an axys or another g4. Both are so good

The doo is probably the better engine all around due to the direct injection but the axys is just so fun to ride. Im in love with this sled. 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sounds fun and without question if I rode there I'd be spending more time above 100.

Wife and I rode the RR bed from Minoqua to Mercer last year one morning.   Pretty smooth but not perfect and I rode that mostly above 110.   Winder felt like it wasn't even working hard.   Had it on a 240 setting.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Sounds fun and without question if I rode there I'd be spending more time above 100.

Wife and I rode the RR bed from Minoqua to Mercer last year one morning.   Pretty smooth but not perfect and I rode that mostly above 110.   Winder felt like it wasn't even working hard. 

I love when a sled feels like it belongs at 100 and theres more left when you squeeze it. It's the whole reason I loved the cfr and the zrt and for sure turbo sleds 

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Probably cluthing and maybe a different track. I have the cobra 1.6 on it now. I dont really do a lot of off trail. :dunno:

Yes....that track is gay 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love when a sled feels like it belongs at 100 and theres more left when you squeeze it. It's the whole reason I loved the cfr and the zrt and for sure turbo sleds 

Yep.   Fucking insane on the 290 tune and feeling the ski's come up when you squeeze the throttle at 100.  

Honestly I've haven't even held it open much past 115 but I can tell you there is a lot left at that speed.   Feels like 800's at 80.  

Edited by Highmark

I'm hoping SLP twins work at Sea Level and have some nice gains.   Originally they were going to be individual silencers only but now a 2 into one that seem's pretty quiet.