Check your account email address ×

China losing...again

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/19/blackrock-ceo-larry-fink-ceos-pulling-supply-chains-out-of-china-now.html

Companies are moving their supply chains out of China instead of waiting for a resolution of the trade war between Washington and BeijingBlackRockChairman and CEO Larry Fink told CNBC on Friday.

“We’re hearing from CEOs that more and more supply chains are moving out of Chinaright now, ” Fink said on “Squawk Box.”  “People are not waiting, companies are not waiting to see what the outcome is.”

ahahahahahaha

fuck China

Edited by Edmo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/19/blackrock-ceo-larry-fink-ceos-pulling-supply-chains-out-of-china-now.html

Companies are moving their supply chains out of China instead of waiting for a resolution of the trade war between Washington and BeijingBlackRockChairman and CEO Larry Fink told CNBC on Friday.

“We’re hearing from CEOs that more and more supply chains are moving out of Chinaright now, ” Fink said on “Squawk Box.”  “People are not waiting, companies are not waiting to see what the outcome is.”

ahahahahahaha

fuck China

Yep. Companies are heading to south east Asia, Vietnam, Taiwan, and India.   

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And that's still a win.  How are you failing to see this?

The more those folks over there drag their feet the more they lose. Business will adjust and move on elsewhere. They’re not going to wait this out. The “hardliners” in their gov’t will be their demise. 

Just now, Edmo said:

The more those folks over there drag their feet the more they lose. Business will adjust and move on elsewhere. They’re not going to wait this out. The “hardliners” in their gov’t will be their demise. 

It's about weakening China's hold (manipulation) on their market.  Not sure how some fail to see this.  

Things are not looking good in china however I have been doing a bunch of investment research lately and it seems that every single analyst is predicting massive failure for our economy and hedge funds managers have been hedging against the markets in the highest level in history. Reason? Massive debt. Worse than in 2008. Personal, real estate, corporate, student loans and pension liabilities (state and local). Fucking time bomb and everybody know it. 

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Things are not looking good in china however I have been doing a bunch of investment research lately and it seems that every single analyst is predicting massive failure for our economy and hedge funds managers have been hedging against the markets in the highest level in history. Reason? Massive debt. Worse than in 2008. Personal, real estate, corporate, student loans and pension liabilities (state and local). Fucking time bomb and everybody know it. 

You would think we would have learned after 2008. I’m paying stuff off as I’m nearing retirement and have very little debt. I never got in too deep though. Some are just stupid with it.

30 minutes ago, Edmo said:

You would think we would have learned after 2008. I’m paying stuff off as I’m nearing retirement and have very little debt. I never got in too deep though. Some are just stupid with it.

It's too easy and there is a reason for that. Without it we are going down the tubes quickly and at this point they are just coming up with ways to kick the can down the road. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

And that's still a win.  How are you failing to see this?

Trump’s stated  goal was to bring business back to the US and eliminate the trade deficit. Neither of that is happening. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Trump’s stated  goal was to bring business back to the US and eliminate the trade deficit. Neither of that is happening. 

There you go raining on the winning parade again. 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I'd like to think a lot of US business would start to think about the reliability of domestic supply chains if we continue to force the uncertainty of relying on slave markets for cheap garbage on them. If it becomes enough of a  inconvenience trying to do business with 3rd world shitholes and hits their bottom line they will start to move back on shore

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There you go raining on the winning parade again. 

Trumps doing to right thing on trade. You dont have to fall into binary thinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd like to think a lot of US business would start to think about the reliability of domestic supply chains if we continue to force the uncertainty of relying on slave markets for cheap garbage on them. If it becomes enough of a  inconvenience trying to do business with 3rd world shitholes and hits their bottom line they will start to move back on shore

But they aren’t. They are moving straight to other low cost locations in SE Asia. 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

But they aren’t. They are moving straight to other low cost locations in SE Asia. 

For now.......we have to tackle China first. If they dont play ball they get hurt bad. It will be much easier to manipulate these other small market countries after China is fucked

19 minutes ago, frenchy said:

What does that have to do with weakening a terroristic economic regime in China?

BUT (and besides the point): The US has not only stopped the flood of jobs bailing the fuck out of here but is in fact bringing jobs back.  Will many come back from Asia?  Unlikely.  Nike can’t make their shoes for labor wages of .07/day here.

The debt is a joke and if anybody is spending time worrying about that, well....

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For now.......we have to tackle China first. If they dont play ball they get hurt bad. It will be much easier to manipulate these other small market countries after China is fucked

^^^^^^ gets it.

Not only that, it will be easier to control any fuckery going on in these nations just developing industrial markets so they don’t get into currency manipulation like China.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

^^^^^^ gets it.

Not only that, it will be easier to control any fuckery going on in these nations just developing industrial markets so they don’t get into currency manipulation like China.

It's also about centralization and the economic and to a larger extent military threat that poses. China was becoming too big to fail and needed a haircut. You cannot let that amount of your supply chain be linked to one country. It is dangerous and ignorant.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's also about centralization and the economic and to a larger extent military threat that poses. China was becoming too big to fail and needed a haircut. You cannot let that amount of your supply chain be linked to one country. It is dangerous and ignorant.

this

Americans need to be willing to pony up and buy American products that might cost more. American manufacturing better make better products that are worth the extra dollars. 

• Like 2

Just now, jtssrx said:

Americans need to be willing to pony up and buy American products that might cost more. American manufacturing better make better products that are worth the extra dollars. 

Companies need to act a bit more ethically also. Squeezing every last tenth of a % of profit out of a product at the expense of the American worker is wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:bc:

I’ve often wondered how often Chinese leadership sits around and is just astounded at how stupid we’ve become.  (Some of Moto’s capitalistic rhetoric would fit here...but I’d have to help him with it)

:lol:

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Yup.  

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Companies need to act a bit more ethically also. Squeezing every last tenth of a % of profit out of a product at the expense of the American worker is wrong.

FOR SURE.

Just now, frenchy said:

You guys cheering window  dressing is cute. Until companies like Huawei are banned from doing business in the west this terrorism you speak of is alive and well. 

I think we all support taking it a step further and getting serious. Problem is Trump has to win reelection or it's all for nothing. If he wins I think you will see him double down on every China front. If he loses it's back to business as usual

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

You guys cheering window  dressing is cute. Until companies like Huawei are banned from doing business in the west this terrorism you speak of is alive and well. 

“Alive”...yes.  But “well” is fading.  If Trimp backs down here and doesn’t get them to the table, he’s a fail.  Also, it doesn’t help that half our fucking nation is backing China because they are so fucking stupid.