Check your account email address ×

A teen was accused of rape, but a judge didn't want him tried as an adult because he 'comes from a good family'

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Thankfully Trump was brought up in this thread too 

I mean no shit.  WTF?

This little twerp should get justice...the good and proper kind.  if his family wants a piece...they can get some too!

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

you knowingly commit adult crimes, you're an adult.

Fact.  But there should be some leeway in sentencing for being a stupid kid of age is 13-15 IMO.

7 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Yes but Legally though it’s 18 

It is, and that goes with my statement above but really, come on....at age 15/16, you know damn well what you are doing and know enough about consequences at that age.  

4 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Can be yes but they’re legally not adults 

think you are splitting hairs. If you get tried as an adult you are an adult in the eyes of the law with regards to sentencing.

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

think you are splitting hairs. If you get tried as an adult you are an adult in the eyes of the law with regards to sentencing.

Is it the norm to try a teenager as an adult or more the exception

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Is it the norm to try a teenager as an adult or more the exception

I don't know the numbers but I think trying juveniles as adults is fairly common.

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fact.  But there should be some leeway in sentencing for being a stupid kid of age is 13-15 IMO.

It is, and that goes with my statement above but really, come on....at age 15/16, you know damn well what you are doing and know enough about consequences at that age.  

Teen boys are by far the most dangerous group. Alone most are fine. But get them in a group and bad shit can occur. The nature of this kid’s crime makes it so that he needs to be under supervision for a period of time. He’s giggling right now, no doubt about that. I don’t like the idea of ruining a kids life through a lifetime sex registry. I’ve seen horrible outcomes to those programs. It’s as though society has lost their shit and view all individuals convicted of sex crimes as potential pedophiles. 

Edited by spin_dry