Check your account email address ×

My kids first swim meet today

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member

Try going to a Cheerleaders competition,  Usually Friday thru Sunday to watch my daughter perform for 2min 20seconds,..Even she said she is done with it after this season..It's frigging brutal,..

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its insanity....400 little kids all over the place. I was hoping this was like a 2 hour deal. Its looking like an all day thing. In trying to stay positive

Good luck to mini Bhen :bc:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Its insanity....400 little kids all over the place. I was hoping this was like a 2 hour deal. Its looking like an all day thing. In trying to stay positive

:lol:

Whew.....glad those days are over.  All of that shit at that age is that way.  Kids everywhere and you watching everyone else's "pot licker" all day to see your child do their thing for a few minutes.  I became suicidal!  Even more than normal!  It get's better as they get older though.

GOOD LUCK TO YOURS THOUGH!

:bc:

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

4 hours in and we are almost at the kids 1st event.....its gonna be a 10 hour day

I might not make it

Not sure how old your kid is but the real test as a father will come when he/she wants to quit a sport they've committed to.  Whew....that's a tough one to sell.  Hard to fight back that initial smile and instinct to wanna "high five".

But....think of Hillary and "power through it"  :lol:

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, f7ben said:

At least its not a weekend of baseball tournaments.  Baseball is brutal. If is Its just one day of swimming that is easy!!!!  Plus 400 kids=around 400 moms or so!!!  Even if 10% of them are worth a fuck that means you have 40 women you can eye fuck the shit out of all day.

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

4 hours in and we are almost at the kids 1st event.....its gonna be a 10 hour day

I might not make it

Yikes. I remember when my oldest was 7. Signed him up for wrestling. We were living in JH Wyoming . Fucking "away" matches were all 3-4 hrs away. 830 am weigh in

Enjoy it now while you still can. As inconvenient as it may seem, it will be over before you know it. My youngest has been playing football for the last 10 yrs and will have the final game of his "career" next Friday. I'm pretty sure there will be a few tears shed by both of us.

• Like 1

It was fine ...long day but she had fun. She's still a little young at 8 but developing fundamentals early will pay off if she decides to stick with it. Her backstroke is very good for her age but everything else not so much :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I might not make it

You got a man up and stick it oot for micro ben lol. I'm sure glad my mom put me in swimming at a young age. Made it to level 3 lifeguard until an operation put the brakes on that . I miss swimming bad 

Edited by xcr700

53 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Enjoy it now while you still can. As inconvenient as it may seem, it will be over before you know it. My youngest has been playing football for the last 10 yrs and will have the final game of his "career" next Friday. I'm pretty sure there will be a few tears shed by both of us.

Ain't that the truth.....my daughter is a Junior and basketball season starts soon....it seems like I was just coaching her in 4H Soccer when she was 8.

Just now, xcr700 said:

You got a man up and stick it oot formicro ben lol. I'm sure glad my mom put me in swimming at a young age. Made it to level 3 lifeguard until an operation put the brakes on that . I miss swimming bad 

swimming was and is what I'm best at. I thrive in the water and I think I could have been a very competitive swimmer....but I went to a small school in an area where swimming is not very prevalent. We had no pool and there were no programs like they have down here. I was shocked at the number of kids that were at the Y today.

I think my daughter will be good if she decides to be and I'll see to it that I suffer through whatever she wants me to with a smile on my face :lol:

• Like 3