Check your account email address ×

Here we go again.

16 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

How have the last 15 years been justified

woolie thinks Cheney and bush are good solid Americans which justifies everything

Israel has the right to defend themselves and if i was them i would not let the Iranians have nukes but i am also not willing to let them draw us into something that doesn't need to be.  We've already seen that happen too many times in the ME and has it ever gone well for us.  lets look at the history we have in that area of the world over Dem and Pub administrations alike

Iran late 70's-  shit show

Lebanon-  shit show

Somalia-  shit show

arming the Taliban in Afghanistan against the Russians-  shit show

Iraq 1.0-  shit show

Iraq 2.0 shit show

Syria- shit show

• Thanks 1

Hey do you guys remember when the entire MSM said Kim Jong murdered a top aide? Well turns out dude isnt dead. oops!

Top US Journalists Spread Fake News Claiming North Korean Official Was ‘Purged’ – Then He Shows Up on TV

written by ben norton
wednesday june 5, 2019printer.png
undefined

The corporate media’s editorial standards for reporting on Official Enemies of the US government, especially North Korea, are as low as ever. Blatantly false stories are regularly circulated by leading news outlets without any kind of accountability.

In the latest example of fake news disseminated without any hint of skepticism by America’s top journalists, virtually every major media outlet reported that a senior North Korean official named Kim Yong-chol was supposedly forced into a “labor camp,” as part of a larger deadly “purge.”

Two days later, that same official turned up alive at a public art performance, seated next to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Bloomberg kicked off the fake news frenzy on May 30 by publishing a report claiming, “North Korea executed its former top nuclear envoy to the US and four other foreign ministry officials in March after a failed summit between Kim and Donald Trump.”

Bloomberg’s source for this false story was South Korea’s far-right newspaper Chosun Ilbo, which has a long history of fabricating stories about North Korea. In turn, Chosun Ilbo’s story was based on a single unidentified source.

That is to say, the fake report obediently echoed by the Western press corps was based entirely on the claims of one unnamed person.

This obvious lack of evidence did not stop credulous reporters from jumping on the sensationalist propaganda. The false story was circulated by The New York Times, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal, The Hill, The Daily Beast, Fox News, CNBC, TIME, ABC News, The Financial Times, The Telegraph, VICE, Rolling Stone, The Independent, The Washington Times, The New York Post, HuffPost, France 24, The Japan Times, Haaretz, The Times of Israel, Democracy Now, the US government’s Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, and many more.

Embedded video

North Korea has executed its former top nuclear envoy Kim Hyok Chol as part of a deadly purge after the collapse of the #TrumpKimSummit in Vietnam, Chosun reports #북한

More @business: https://bloom.bg/2YURULW 

Twitter even went out of its way to create a shareable Moment based on the fake news.

North Korea charged and executed multiple government officials involved in February’s Trump-Kim summit, South Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo reports. https://twitter.com/i/events/1134230924781019136 

Careful readers (only a small percentage of total readers) might have noticed that Bloomberg quietly admitted in its original report, “Previous South Korean media reports about senior North Korean officials being executed following the talks have proven false.” But this concession didn’t stop the rest of the corporate media from running with this fake story.

On June 2, the commentariat’s favorite fable fell apart: North Korea’s nuclear negotiator Kim Yong-chol showed up on state media, sitting a few seats away from Kim Jong-un at a musical performance.

The Associated Press, Reuters, The New York Times, and CNNquickly published new reports making light of the news — but none of these contained mea culpas or official retractions.

As of June 3, the vast majority of blatantly false reports published in dozens of outlets remain uncorrected.

The Grayzone has documented the long history of the US corporate media printing cartoonish lies about North Korea(officially known as the DPRK), especially in the form of execution stories that are quickly debunked. (The New York Times once even cited an obvious parody Twitter account as if it were the DPRK’s real state media.)

A few actual experts on Korea did raise concerns about the latest hoax. Among them was veteran reporter Tim Shorrock, who has spent decades reporting on Korea, and who joined prominent peace activists Christine Ahnand Simone Chun in questioning the bogus story.

Incredible that Bloomberg would run this story based on one source quoted by the completely irresponsible and rarely accurate Chosun Ilbo. I don't care if it is South Korea's largest newspaper, as the Post constantly refers to it. It has a history of false stories.

Shorrock cautioned on May 31, “It’s important to keep tabs on this one, which if uncorroborated could turn out to be one of the biggest fiascos in journalism history.”

As usual, Shorrock was right — but he was an outlier whose critical thinking was drowned out by a mob of mainstream pundits.

Below is a list of some of the top journalists in the US corporate media and political class, including ostensible “progressives,” who spread this blatantly false story. Many of these self-styled progressives promoted the hoax in hopes of embarrassing Donald Trump for embarking on a historic peace process with the DPRK.

Journalists and activists who spread the fake news

Chris Hayes, a media celebrity and MSNBC host who used the fake news to get in a cheap joke about Trump

Anxiously hoping the President doesn't tweet something about how the DPRK's envoy deserved what he got and Kim Jong Un is great.

Julia Ioffe, a prominent journalist, GQ Magazine correspondent, and so-called “Russia expert” Yashar Ali, a contributor to New York Magazine and the Huffington Post and liberal mini-celebrity Peter Baker, chief White House correspondent for The New York Times and an analyst for MSNBC Jon Cooper, the chairman of the Democratic Coalition Against Trump, which proudly boasts, “We help run #TheResistance” Katie Phang, a legal contributor for NBC and MSNBC David Roberts, a reporter for Vox Caroline Orr, a neoliberal “Resistance” influencer who rose to prominence by pumping up the Russiagate narrative Oz Katerji, a rabid pro-military intervention regime-change activist dedicated to harassing anti-imperialists online Josh Smith, a Reuters senior correspondent covering North and South Korea

South Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo reports that North Korea has executed several officials involved in working level talks before the Hanoi Trump-Kim summit, including Kim Hyok Chol the former ambassador to Spain who (briefly now it seems) served as Steve Biegun’s counterpart

Vivian Salama, a White House reporter for the Wall Street Journal, who previously worked as AP’s Baghdad bureau chief Matt Bevan, the host and writer of ABC News Australia’s “Russia, If You’re Listening” podcast Kaitlan Collins, a CNN White House reporter Geoff Bennett, a White House correspondent for NBC News Andrew Desiderio, a political reporter at Politico David Nakamura, a Washington Post reporter Amy Siskind, a prominent liberal anti-Trump activist and former Wall Street executive

Steve Silberman, a longtime writer for Wired Magazine Rare exceptions

There were a few exceptions to the norm. Some reporters who specialize on Korea did raise concerns, pointing out South Korean media outlets have a long history of publishing false stories about the DPRK. These warnings, however, were ignored.

We need better sourcing for this @Chosun report saying #NorthKorea’s lead US negotiator was executed. I remember the time South Korean media reported in 2010 that a #NorthKorea soccer coach had been executed. And then I ran into him at #Pyongyang airport. https://n.news.naver.com/article/023/0003450351 

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

How have the last 15 years been justified

Never said it was but anyone can play hindsight revisionism.  If you think Iran is more trustworthy the Israel or the US I don’t know what to tell you, because that’s what some of these guys are implying.  Like I said brainwash complete.

58 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

woolie thinks Cheney and bush are good solid Americans which justifies everything

Israel has the right to defend themselves and if i was them i would not let the Iranians have nukes but i am also not willing to let them draw us into something that doesn't need to be.  We've already seen that happen too many times in the ME and has it ever gone well for us.  lets look at the history we have in that area of the world over Dem and Pub administrations alike

Iran late 70's-  shit show

Lebanon-  shit show

Somalia-  shit show

arming the Taliban in Afghanistan against the Russians-  shit show

Iraq 1.0-  shit show

Iraq 2.0 shit show

Syria- shit show

Woolie thinks you are pretty pathetic if you think being a hindsight revisionist makes you look smart.   No where am I or Trump or anyone else advocating bombing Iran. That doesn’t mean we let them run rough shod either.  

50 minutes ago, f7ben said:

ISRAEL GOOD!!!!

Yes Ben.  I know you 3 or 4 fucking clowns think you represent the conventional wisdom in the country, when in reality you’re about as tuned in as a brick.

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Damn.....woolie got fucking owned hard

Not

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Never said it was but anyone can play hindsight revisionism.  If you think Iran is more trustworthy the Israel or the US I don’t know what to tell you, because that’s what some of these guys are implying.  Like I said brainwash complete.

Knowing for a fact that the US government has lied to its citizens, repeatedly and in a manor that involved us in a war. Why should I believe the US over either of the others?

32 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Knowing for a fact that the US government has lied to its citizens, repeatedly and in a manor that involved us in a war. Why should I believe the US over either of the others?

Well that’s not true, but believe what you want.

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

there is zero proof that Iran has violated the nuclear agreement except Israel saying so which they have been saying since the early 90's. 

So you’re in the intel community and have all that information.  Good to know.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Anler said:

there is zero proof that Iran has violated the nuclear agreement except Israel saying so which they have been saying since the early 90's. 

ANd seeing we pulled out of It , it should be of no concern to us either.

• Gold Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

The government doesn't lie to us on a regular basis? They didn't lie about WMD's being in Iraq? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Chirp chirp

59 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Chirp chirp

That’s twice today Marky Marky....now I don’t mind ignoring you but if you want a spin around the dance floor I will gladly oblige you old boy!! :green:

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s twice today Marky Marky....now I don’t mind ignoring you but if you want a spin around the dance floor I will gladly oblige you old boy!! :green:

I noticed that too. He claims he wants a truce but tries to bait you when the opportunity arises.  Good for you for trying to ignore him :bc:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its as good as the intel the military and Israel. US intel said Trump colluded with Russia, member? 

40 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

ANd seeing we pulled out of It , it should be of no concern to us either.

What was the advantage of pulling out? None. Unless you consider the ability to wage war over unconfirmed and alleged Iran violations. A top British official said publicly not to long ago ( I posted a video of his press conference) where he said that they (Allied intelligence) has seen no aggression or anything from Iran. 

I love some of these fools.   :lol:

”FUCK SAWDY ARAYBYA AND 9-11 AND FUCK THEM AND OIL AND WAR AND FUCK SAWDI AND NO MORE GUNS TO THEM AND STUFF!!!!!!11111111”

*When asked thoughts on Iran:  

“FUCK AMERICA AND WAR AND STUFF AND IRACK AND FUCK AMERICA AND SLIT THROATS AND SANKSHUNS AND WE DID IT ALL AND FUCK THE USA AND LEE GREENWOOD!!!!!111111”

:lol:

Go sit in the fucking corner and keep pouting about Venezuela.

Dummies.

Just now, Zambroski said:

”FUCK SAWDY ARAYBYA AND 9-11 AND FUCK THEM AND OIL AND WAR AND FUCK SAWDI AND NO MORE GUNS TO THEM AND STUFF!!!!!!11111111”

“FUCK AMERICA AND WAR AND STUFF AND IRACK AND FUCK AMERICA AND SLIT THROATS AND SANKSHUNS AND WE DID IT ALL AND FUCK THE USA AND LEE GREENWOOD!!!!!111111”

Dummies.

Sweet fuck you're a retarded motherfucker.....just dumb

58 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Like super retarded on levels never before seen. How many of the 911 hijackers were Saudis and how many were Iranian or Venezuelan?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Like super retarded on levels never before seen. How many of the 911 hijackers were Saudis and how many were Iranian or Venezuelan?

02825B49-7DE9-4F9A-9837-B71FB334021A.png

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

How fucking brain dead would you have to he to equate funding and arming the Saudis to starting a war in Iran

Mouth breathing dumb fuck

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I noticed that too. He claims he wants a truce but tries to bait you when the opportunity arises.  Good for you for trying to ignore him :bc:

Yeah Jims innocent as a peacock and Im baiting him.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Its as good as the intel the military and Israel. US intel said Trump colluded with Russia, member? 

US Intel knew Trump did not collude with Russia.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Dummies.

I bet not a one of these dingleberries even clicked the link in the OP.  A Finnish guy with the IAEA is who is sounding the warning about Iran, not the US not Israel.   It even accuses Israel of underestimating the threat.  The same group of dingleberries who hung Hans Blix of the same IAEA over GWBs head when he issued his report. Smh.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Annnnnd like clockwork

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How fucking brain dead would you have to he to equate funding and arming the Saudis to starting a war in Iran

Mouth breathing dumb fuck

He has company.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah Jims innocent as a peacock and Im baiting him.  :lol:

Did I say he was? I thought I read where you were tired of it and that it's NEVER your fault.  Jim tells you that he'll lay off, and does so from what I have seen. Yet you need to quote his posts when he isn't he talking to you.  Not you fault once again, eh?   :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Did I say he was? I thought I read where you were tired of it and that it's NEVER your fault.  Jim tells you that he'll lay off, and does so from what I have seen. Yet you need to quote his posts when he isn't he talking to you.  Not you fault once again, eh?   :lol:

Please.  Ive never said I was “tired of it and its never my fault”?   I call the guy out when hes behaving like an asshole and have pointed it out as have others.  Now he just inserts a chirpy comments in conversations im involved with, its childish and hence the comments.  Maybe stay out of it, i never complained to you and am not complaining now.  :lol: