Check your account email address ×

How a cheap, brutally efficient grocery chain is upending America's supermarkets

Just now, steve from amherst said:

There is one by my wife's work. She went once. Said it was real ghetto. I think she even saw Sal Rosenburg there.

That piece of shit? Fuck Aldis 

37 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

There is one by my wife's work. She went once. Said it was real ghetto. I think she even saw Sal Rosenburg there.

We have 1 just South of us a few miles, we didn't really like, maybe a 3 star  at best but thought the prices compared to close Wally World..

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We have 1 just South of us a few miles, we didn't really like, maybe a 3 star  at best but thought the prices compared to close Wally World..

We dont buy everything there, their produce is better than it was, but still not as fresh as some other chains.   We probably by 80% of our stuff there and then fill in the rest at the major local chain.   Not really sure why Greg has such a hard on for them.  A deal is a deal, no different than buying shit made in China.

• Like 1

I tried Aldis once. Family members wouldn't eat the stuff I bought. I would shop there 'cause it's so cheap. Good for poor people.

Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and Shaw's can fuck off with their prices.

We have these MARKET BASKET stores here in southern NH, Maine and MAss.  Can't beat them. Clean, well stocked, big selection, good prices. If you ask an employee  for something they will usually go all over the store to find it for ya'. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I tried Aldis once. Family members wouldn't eat the stuff I bought. I would shop there 'cause it's so cheap. Good for poor people.

We have these MARKET BASKET stores here in southern NH, Maine and MAss.  Can't beat them. Clean, well stocked, big selection, good prices. If you ask an employee  for something they will usually go all over the store to find it for ya'. 

There was a stop & shop in milford. When it closed some people were shocked. I was like really? Didn't ya notice no one used a cart. They were so expensive people only stopped in for 2-3 things

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Pretty much what she said.Market basket is already cheap enough.

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I go to the one in Amherst so I don't end up in a one man war with the Indians

+

Stop and Shop also got killed by Market B in Hudson, NH, and Chelmsford, Mass. 

Don't these fukken outfits have professional marketing people to tell them to stay the fuck away from a Market Basket???

These stupid fucks put them ACROSS the STREET from MB, and in two years there's a GOODWILL STORE in there!!! LMMFAO!!!

I mean like Jesus Christ folks, what were you thinkin'!!! 

4 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I go to the one in Amherst so I don't end up in a one man war with the Indians

I told someone how far I've gone to avoid dot-heads in the supermarket, and they could not believe it. I think they thought I was kind of crazy.

Hey, I can't help it, they make me sick. I find them humanly repulsive. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

+

Stop and Shop also got killed by Market B in Hudson, NH, and Chelmsford, Mass. 

Don't these fukken outfits have professional marketing people to tell them to stay the fuck away from a Market Basket???

These stupid fucks put them ACROSS the STREET from MB, and in two years there's a GOODWILL STORE in there!!! LMMFAO!!!

I mean like Jesus Christ folks, what were you thinkin'!!! 

I could never figure that out either. Like no one is going to notice your prices are twice as much.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I could never figure that out either. Like no one is going to notice your prices are twice as much.

I came home from shopping at Trader Joe's one time and told a family member, that Traders is a good place to go if you want to literally go broke.