Check your account email address ×

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low as Market Tightens

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

those people will never work whether thats because of laziness, drugs or mental health issues they are a on entity in the workforce

That’s what I was thinking as well.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW there are a lot of citizens here that are seasonal in their employment....golf course workers, road construction..ect....and they collect UI when they aren’t working...are you going to tell them no more UI and then load them up on buses to Florida and California so they pick fruits and vegetables? 

Millions less people, means we will have that much less consumption.  There won't be a labor shortage.  There.  Problem solved. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s what I was thinking as well.

If you’re not working in this economy you don’t want to work. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Millions less people, means we will have that much less consumption.  There won't be a labor shortage.  There.  Problem solved. 

Good god just stop. 

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

:lol: dumbest post of the year

• Haha 1

Just now, racer254 said:

Well, that's just as hypothetical as the scenarios that others, including you, have used.

Really...because I amended it and said take the immediate deportation aspect out of the equation and you still mumbled some shit about UE.

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

those people will never work whether thats because of laziness, drugs or mental health issues they are a non entity in the workforce

And that's only because they've been allowed to get away with it. If you cut their UE benefits off and force them to work......

22 minutes ago, Edmo said:

If you’re not working in this economy you don’t want to work. 

BINGO!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Really...because I amended it and said take the immediate deportation aspect out of the equation and you still mumbled some shit about UE.

Lets close the border and we can worry about that when it comes.  It will not be a problem and the doom and gloom that is trying to be portrayed is one of desperation.

13 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

And that's only because they've been allowed to get away with it. If you cut their UE benefits off and force them to work......

BINGO!

they are still going to suck at it, what employer wants the true bottom of the barrel,  look at the people currently working in some of these low skill jobs and imagine how people with even less skill and ambition would be.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Lets close the border and we can worry about that when it comes.  It will not be a problem and the doom and gloom that is trying to be portrayed is one of desperation.

You realize Trump is talking about closing the border completely....who am I kidding...you don’t realize anything.

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they are still going to suck at it, what employer wants the true bottom of the barrel,  look at the people currently working in some of these low skill jobs and imagine how people with even less skill and ambition would be.  

It’s been a talking point for years.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK here is a question I asked Fordy and of course he mumbled some nonsense and didn’t answer shit. Hypothetical question...Trump seals down the border AND deports all undocumented workers tomorrow....where does the labor come from to replace these workers?

Nobody has even been discussing deportations. Are you half fuckin goofy or what...?

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You just answered your question. 

There's still LOTS of people on UE that "can't find work". 

Gov't standards have pushed to raise vehicle costs also.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

My mom is an admin for a major retailer. They pay like minimum wage and $.50. The turn over is constant. Many of these people couldnt run a one car funeral. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW there are a lot of citizens here that are seasonal in their employment....golf course workers, road construction..ect....and they collect UI when they aren’t working...are you going to tell them no more UI and then load them up on buses to Florida and California so they pick fruits and vegetables? 

Why is it any different than what those construction companies do now?   Their employers pay the max rate and that gets passed on to customers.  

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Put them to work picking up trash along the freeways.  Nothing is for free 

3 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Gov't standards have pushed to raise vehicle costs also.

Not nearly as much as inflation has. Prices (and profits) have gone up, wages have not. 

18 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Tell me what is so much better with trump. Around here everyone is on the same path they have been. 3 to 5% pay raises, same bonuses (some even less), a little savings  in taxes for some. Home valued are about the same, the market is about the same, trucks are super expensive, cars about the same. So please, what’s happened in your neck of the woods to make things so grand. And spare the “well the wife got a bonus for the first time ever “ line of crap

well I can tell you this I can't find workers and I am over dubbel what I was 2 yrs ago on bids and still people are begging us to put them on the scedual . rents are way up I love it when some one moves I am getting some times 350 more a month .

call it consumer confidence I guess. oh and most guys I know we're forced to stuff even more in to the ira thus year to yeah all the,wining really sucks 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

My mom is an admin for a major retailer. They pay like minimum wage and $.50. The turn over is constant. Many of these people couldnt run a one car funeral. 

With that in mind , what are your thoughts on a $15 an hr min wage?