Check your account email address ×

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low as Market Tightens

• Platinum Contributing Member

OK here is a question I asked Fordy and of course he mumbled some nonsense and didn’t answer shit. Hypothetical question...Trump seals down the border AND deports all undocumented workers tomorrow....where does the labor come from to replace these workers?

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK here is a question I asked Fordy and of course he mumbled some nonsense and didn’t answer shit. Hypothetical question...Trump seals down the border AND deports all undocumented workers tomorrow....where does the labor come from to replace these workers?

How does this get accomplished?  It's just a bullshit narrative.  If you take that out...you don't have an argument.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How does this get accomplished?  It's just a bullshit narrative.  If you take that out...you don't have an argument.

So no answer....shocker.

BTW dummy there is already a labor shortage.

BTW I’m asking what should be a simple question.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

12 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Doesn't sound so bad - besides vehicle cost. Who's fault is that?? 

11 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Is about the same imo as the last 8 years or so. Pretty solid for the most part. Inflation has went up way faster than wages tho imo. 

You said above 3-5% pay raises btw.

I know of 2 tool & die shops sending stuff to China in the last year or so. Workers there on 32 hrs etc. Word is - they will pull work back if tariffs come into play. 

You just answered your question. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There's still LOTS of people on UE that "can't find work". 

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I know there are those people but I will say they have tightened that whole deal up a lot in the last few years and are making those on it actively seek employment.  

Also despite what some think I am not “pro” illegal immigration but I also think shutting down the border isn’t feasible either.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So no answer....shocker.

BTW dummy there is already a labor shortage.

BTW I’m asking what should be a simple question.

You asking a question based upon logic that is false.  Took decades to get where we are, removing the millions of undocumented immigrants won't happen in a day.  So stop the bullshit.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

um, ya think internet sales growth has anything to do with that? as more and more people are doing it, to save some bucks because of crap wages? 

oh, and you're union. something rwws are suppose to despise. is there anything you're not a major hack about?  

Dude EVERYBODY tries and saves money in America and buy things for less.   We all do it no matter what.  Its human nature.   The "joo" in all of us.  :lol:  

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know there are those people but I will say they have tightened that whole deal up a lot in the last few years and are making those on it actively seek employment.  

Also despite what some think I am not “pro” illegal immigration but I also think shutting down the border isn’t feasible either.

BS   There's hundreds of thousands on UE , that know the system and how to manipulate it.  They're taught how to by their parents. Who were taught by their parents, and so on. Same with people who get on an FMLA and then know the system and how it works and how to abuse it. I've seen that several times before. Same with people who go out on a medical and then come back to work. Then fake that illness to get time off without having to use vacation time (crohn's is a prime example)  See that all the time.  That's why we have 3rd tier TPTs (temporary part time employees) Not just here , it's all over. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You asking a question based upon logic that is false.  Took decades to get where we are, removing the millions of undocumented immigrants won't happen in a day.  So stop the bullshit.

Fine Racer...take that part out of it and now explain to me how the labor shortage should be addressed. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We have to do something and putting pressure on Mexico is a valid option.   Trump really fucked up giving them a year.   Milton Friedman has a couple great video's on why illegal immigration can be good....even better than legal immigration.   That ends when we open the welfare state up to them.   Have we completely no but in many, many area's we have.   Think of the spending on healthcare and education alone.    

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine Racer...take that part out of it and now explain to me how the labor shortage should be addressed. 

Outsourcing within good trade deals.   Period.  We don't need to make EVERY widget here.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

We have to do something and putting pressure on Mexico is a valid option.   Trump really fucked up giving them a year.   Milton Friedman has a couple great video's on why illegal immigration can be good....even better than legal immigration.   That ends when we open the welfare state up to them.   Have we completely no but in many, many area's we have.   Think of the spending on healthcare and education alone.    

Fine...we have to do “something”...I’m

asking a seekingly simple question that no one will answer other than Jay.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine...we have to do “something”...I’m

asking a seekingly simple question that no one will answer other than Jay.

I just answered it. 

We are better off helping poor countries there than here.  Do they not need their human resources as well or are we so selfish we feel we deserve them for just our own growth?  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

do you know why he did that? so when the numbers continue to be low, like they have been, he can say his policy is working and call it a win. without having to shut the border. he loves fooling you nitwits like that. 

What about the service industry, agriculture, ect.....

Ag can be a combination of technology and work visa's.   I have no problem with work visa's and a greatly expanded system for that.   But have them come in legally and work thru a system to earn citizenship.

Service industry can be some of the same with expanded work visa's but much of what they are filling are not what I would call essential.   Cut your own grass.  :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I just answered it. 

We are better off helping poor countries there than here.  Do they not need their human resources as well?  

If we really want to do away with Illegal Immigration, then we need to go after our own that are abusing our systems. I gave several examples already. 

6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

If we really want to do away with Illegal Immigration, then we need to go after our own that are abusing our systems. I gave several examples already. 

Couldn't agree more however jobs isn't the only reason they come in illegally or stay past when they are legally allowed.   We are opening up the welfare state more and more to legal and illegal immigrants.   Don't have insurance go to the ER.   Many states are now providing housing and food assistance to non citizens and obviously our education system is FAR better than from where they came.   

We all agree that somewhere in the future technology will take more and more jobs.   Its one of the reason's behind more and more talk of UBI.   What happens with all these low skilled people we are taking in when technology replaces them.   Now we are to support them. 

Lets be clear if you overstay your visa you are now an illegal immigrant.  

Edited by Highmark

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Ag can be a combination of technology and work visa's.   I have no problem with work visa's and a greatly expanded system for that.   But have them come in legally and work thru a system to earn citizenship.

Service industry can be some of the same with expanded work visa's but much of what they are filling are not what I would call essential.   Cut your own grass.  :lol:  

Cut your own grass....there it is...the answer to everything .

Cut your own grass....there it is...the answer to everything .

Dude it was sarcasm.  :thumbsup: 

BTW there are a lot of citizens here that are seasonal in their employment....golf course workers, road construction..ect....and they collect UI when they aren’t working...are you going to tell them no more UI and then load them up on buses to Florida and California so they pick fruits and vegetables? 

47 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

those people will never work whether thats because of laziness, drugs or mental health issues they are a non entity in the workforce

Edited by Angry ginger