Check your account email address ×

Michelle Obama Aide Reached Out to Kim Foxx Before Charges Were Dropped Against Jussie Smollett

15 hours ago, Anler said:

Kim fox recused herself from the case before it started. 

But meanwhile inserted herself balls deep into the issue. I don’t think she is going to get away with this. People are pissed.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Kenyan connections

hes black

end of story

free pass

This is the modern-day democratic corrupt machine. Talk about right in your face.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It was egregious because  it was so high profile, Smollet being black, the MAGA Angle....just saying that filing a false report isn't akin to Manslaughter or anything. A lot of resources were wasted investigating it.

In also perpetuated a phony narrative that was front-page news for several weeks. Think about the ramifications of that, this asshole is actually going to profit from this. Read an article yesterday that viewership of that show that he is on his way up

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He forfeited his 10,000 dollar bail but they should make him reimburse all of the cost.

I thought it was a 100,000 :dunno: 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He forfeited his 10,000 dollar bail but they should make him reimburse all of the cost.

He probably will after he goes after CPD for damages......  Wonder when this will start? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

But meanwhile inserted herself balls deep into the issue. I don’t think she is going to get away with this. People are pissed.

This is the modern-day democratic corrupt machine. Talk about right in your face.

In also perpetuated a phony narrative that was front-page news for several weeks. Think about the ramifications of that, this asshole is actually going to profit from this. Read an article yesterday that viewership of that show that he is on his way up

14 minutes ago, jammin said:

It was but somehow ended up at 10K I heard last night. 

It was a bond...10% of 100,000 is 10,000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This was high profile but shit like this gets dropped everyday.

The City is irate, a lot of black people are irate, Rahm called it a whitewash of justice and nobody is more pissed off than Eddie Johnson the Chief of Police who is black.

The States Attorney did this all on there own and never contacted or consulted the police before doing it.

This move could be more trouble for Smollet because he may have comitted mail fraud when he mailed the hate letter to himself.........

Right now the Chicago police union has asked for a federal investigation:

Chicago police union wants a federal investigation into Smollett case

(CNN)The Chicago police union again is calling for a federal investigation into State's Attorney Kim Foxx to determine the extent of her involvement with the Jussie Smollett case.

Kevin Graham, president of the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police, said the demand is based on news reports about text messages between Foxx and an attorney about, according to him, "diverting the case from Chicago police department to a federal investigation."

Foxx, the state's attorney for Cook County, recused herself from the Smollett investigation in mid-February.

Graham, who spoke to reporters after prosecutors announced they were dropping charges against Smollett, said he originally made the request to the US Department of Justice last week. He also has asked federal investigators to look into a letter sent to Smollett days before he alleged he was attacked on a Chicago street.

"We're doubling down on that. We want to make sure that the Justice Department takes a very hard look with that case and what went on today," he said.

Text messages obtained by CNN through an open records request show Smollett family friend Tina Tchen -- a former chief of staff for first lady Michelle Obama and a lawyer -- reached out to Foxx on February 1. Tchen wrote the family had "concerns about the investigation."

Foxx emailed Tchen saying in part, "Spoke to Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to (r)each out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation. He is reaching out now and will get back to me shortly."

Later another person, identified by Foxx's office as a family friend, asked the prosecutor whether they could talk on the phone. She says Tchen gave her Foxx's number.

Hours later, Foxx texts the unidentified family friend that she "spoke to the (police) superintendent earlier, he made the ask. Trying to figure out the logistics."

The person responds: "Omg this would be a huge victory."

The text message exchange went back and forth with Foxx and the family friend until Feb. 13 and these messages are why Foxx recused herself from the investigation, Cook County State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton said earlier this month.

CNN reached out to Foxx on Tuesday but didn't get a response.

Efforts to get a comment from the Department of Justice on Tuesday night were also unsuccessful.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/26/us/jussie-smollett-prosecutor-calls-for-investigation/index.html

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, jammin said:

It was but somehow ended up at 10K I heard last night. 

When a bail amount is set you usually post 10% of the bail amount with the bondsman who is the rep for a surety company, that's 10K is what Smollet forfeited, a 100K would have been much more appropriate.

• Like 1

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

When a bail amount is set you usually post 10% of the bail amount with the bondsman who is the rep for a surety company, that's 10K is what Smollet forfeited, a 100K would have been much more appropriate.

A million would have been.

29 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The City is irate, a lot of black people are irate, Rahm called it a whitewash of justice and nobody is more pissed off than Eddie Johnson the Chief of Police who is black.

The States Attorney did this all on there own and never contacted or consulted the police before doing it.

This move could be more trouble for Smollet because he may have comitted mail fraud when he mailed the hate letter to himself.........

I understand...I saw Johnson and Rahm on the news and they were hot.

Not sure where this goes from here, but I don’t see it just dying down. Like you said jimmy - too many people are really pissed about this.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I bet you're wrong. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Not sure where this goes from here, but I don’t see it just dying down. Like you said jimmy - too many people are really pissed about this.

Nothing will happen

45 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yep,l.  I hope the Feds do go after him for mail fraud. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

If the feds get involved it won't, and I'm thinking with both the city and union being as pissed as they are it has a good shot of happening.

• Like 1

His smugness and refusal to admit any wrongdoing will still be his downfall hopefully in the public eye and career wise.

Feds should throw the book at him on the mail fraud case. 

If the bastid just admitted to some wrongdoing, I could see this. However, he and his fukken lawyer are totally dismissing this as though he did NOTHING wrong. Fukken dark demons!!!