Check your account email address ×

Less Winning!

Im surprised the tax cuts arent sending jobs thru the stratosphere. I know you guys will give this the same criticism you would give Obama

Trump shrugs off dismal jobs report as a blip

By KATIE GALIOTO

03/08/2019 11:04 AM EST

President Donald Trump on Friday called the economy “very, very strong” and touted rising U.S. wages just hours after the Labor Department’s monthly report for February showed an unexpected and dramatic slowdown in hiring.

U.S. employers added 20,000 jobs in February, the smallest monthly gain in nearly a year and a half and far short of the 180,000 economists had predicted. The weak report was released amid signs of slowing economic growth and was a stark contrast to the 311,000 jobs added in January, which Trump lauded as a victory at the time.

Talking to reporters on the White House lawn Friday, Trump focused not on jobs but on wages, which he said are rising for the “first time in many years.”

“I think the big news really was that wages went up. And that's great for the American worker,” he said. “That's something people — I don't know if they ever expected to see it.”

The president also mentioned the stock market and unemployment rate, which dropped from 4 percent in January to 3.8 percent last month, as signs of a strong economy.

Trump said Friday his administration is in the process of dealing with China, though he also forecast the United States will do very well economically “with or without a deal.”

“I think as soon as these trade deals are done, if they get done — and we are working with China — we will see what happens,” he said. “But I think you are going to see a very big spike.”

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Friday morning called the most recent jobs report “very fluky,” attributing its unexpectedly low results to seasonal issues and timing issues related to the government shutdown.

“I wouldn’t pay any attention to it to be honest with you,” he told reporters on CNBC.

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

trump said nothing to see here and his followers believe everything he said.  Trump= good  Obama = Bad  regardless of facts 

The economy is just ok, certainly not very, very strong like he claims. Rising stock market? Half of America doesn't even own stock.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racer254 said:

A funny thing happened in February that you haven’t read about: Federal government tax receipts rose 10% to $171 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Not enough to pay for the military :lmao: 

46 minutes ago, racer254 said:

A funny thing happened in February that you haven’t read about: Federal government tax receipts rose 10% to $171 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Edited for my IQR Buddy. 😏

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

10% month over month or year over year? 

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

I suppose it had nothing to do with tax season... 

• Like 1

Wasn’t a lot of this due to the g’ment shutdown?

I don’t know, I don’t follow every single upper/downer write up like my life depended on it.

But....I am still actively waiting for the magical libertarians to present their candidate and plan to save the world for 2020.  Is now not a good time?  Seems like it would be to me.  :dunno: 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wasn’t a lot of this due to the g’ment shutdown?

I don’t know, I don’t follow every single upper/downer write up like my life depended on it.

But....I am still actively waiting for the magical libertarians to present their candidate and plan to save the world for 2020.  Is now not a good time?  Seems like it would be to me.  :dunno: 

Im sure all of the networks will have a big to do about it... 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Im sure all of the networks will have a big to do about it... 

I saw it skimmed over early this morning.  No more than a good jobs report.  But I’m sure CNN and MSNBC are losing their minds over it....and making sure others do too.  

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

It’s one fucking month. Am I missing something here? The trend has been good and unemployment is low. :dunno: 

the Kenyan had years of very dismal reports yet he was the greatest ever

never under estimate the color of some ones skin. It allowed him to get away with all the corruption he was involved with all with the help from the local kooks and the media

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

the Kenyan had years of very dismal reports yet he was the greatest ever

never under estimate the color of some ones skin. It allowed him to get away with all the corruption he was involved with all with the help from the local kooks and the media

Poor Single Pete......no clue about facts.....just stupidity and right wing lies.  Chew on this..

37065218-7570-4556-9B77-164053FC4E0A.jpeg

19 hours ago, racer254 said:

Hey Rah rah Retard, your boy is sending the debt through the roof.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey Rah rah Retard, your boy is sending the debt through the roof.

And the people you side with are spending millions on bullshit investigations.  Maybe both sides need to sit down and figure the spending out.  Cut it 30% across the board, just like someone else here proposed.  I can guarantee dems would be complaining about it just as much as the reps. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

And the people you side with are spending millions on bullshit investigations.  Maybe both sides need to sit down and figure the spending out.  Cut it 30% across the board, just like someone else here proposed.  I can guarantee dems would be complaining about it just as much as the reps. 

Deflection.

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Millions on investigations vs billions on military......can you balance that for us?  

:lmao: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What have the democrats in Washington proposed for spending cuts?

Military 👍. Oppose tax cuts for wealthy elites👍  

The annual budget deficit was shrinking u see Obama....why has it exploded?