Check your account email address ×

All you anti science people should give this one a miss.

Haven’t got a flu shot in 20 years.  Wife stopped getting them when she met me.  Daughter doesn’t get them either (but did do all her child vaccines).

I bet we’ve all collectively had the flu (or some simile) a handful of times in those 20.

But be scared....everyone should be scared. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I think I have had the flu like once in my life....  the times I got the flu shot my joints would just ache for a few days.   Haven’t had the flu shot since I got out of the Army in 1998.

94 was last time for me

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

(but did do all her child vaccines).

Just to clarify, I do believe these are important. Prevention of easily spread (civilization crippling) diseases. People can debate about it but whatever. After those, the body should be able to defend itself against most other infections. (A healthy body)

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Never had the flu. Hardly ever get sick. My wife gets the flu shot every year. She never gets the flu either.  But she use to get taken out regularly. 

I’m surprised there aren’t more anti vaxxers to go along with the group that don’t believe in climate change. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m surprised there aren’t more anti vaxxers to go along with the group that don’t believe in climate change. 

Not a lot from Washington State , Idaho in here. That's where most anti's live

53 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Some are funny as a bastard. the child support one was too much

The best ones are the comments that point out anti-vaxxers would prefer a dead child to an autistic child. And they make that decision in the face of overwhelming evidence that vaccines don't even cause autism.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Flu shots are more for the weak or elderly with weakened immune.

I got one this year for the first time in my life, not for myself, but because my 90 year old grandfather was going through some health issues and we wanted to be sure we wouldn't expose him to the flu while we helped him recover.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

I got one this year for the first time in my life, not for myself, but because my 90 year old grandfather was going through some health issues and we wanted to be sure we wouldn't expose him to the flu while we helped him recover.

That’s the only reason I would bother. If I was taking care of an elderly relative. 

Yeah the comments was why I posted the link.  They were fucking savage. 

“Take her to the edge of the earth, the air is cleaner there. “

“I got vaccinated but also ate kale once. “

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I didn’t mean you specifically but the climate change deniers as a whole. They believe in vaccinations but not climate change. I find that odd. 

The climate has always changed.

33 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I didn’t mean you specifically but the climate change deniers as a whole. They believe in vaccinations but not climate change. I find that odd. 

Fucking idiot.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/terence-corcoran-cbc-admits-it-wrongly-reported-hyped-up-insurance-climate-risks