Check your account email address ×

Transgender relatives

1 minute ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Its the exact same thing. The dog is a dog. the bus is a bus. 

The male is male and female is female. 

In my opinion people mix up sexuality and biology when the two are mutually exclusive.

Simply putting on lipstick and high heels doesn’t make you a female. It’s sciebce. The alt left does not believe in science 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

There are no mental health professionals that consider transgender matters a disorder. Where do you people get this stuff?  

Body dysmorphia 

next 

There are no mental health professionals that consider transgender matters a disorder. Where do you people get this stuff?  

That isn't true at all. Its just not politically correct to say so and they will get their funding taken away.

If you can feel like you’ve been born a woman then gender isn’t a social construct.

if it is a social construct then it’s s mental issue 

this isn’t rocket science 

the only real issue is how to approach it. I think encouraging children to be transgender is heinous 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I wonder what % are happy after the change and how many are still feeling fucked up?

Given how sensitive they are about it most are still pretty confused 

Call it whatever you desire. If it doesn’t interfere with a person’s ability to function in life it doesn’t rise to the level of a disorder. 

I don’t disagree. Just don’t ask me to encourage it or celebrate it 

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

He’s not spending his afternoon on a snowmobile bbs diagnosing transgenders’ that he’s never met. 

How did I diagnose him?  :lol:   I've simply agreed with the medical communities diagnosis.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont know man I think if someone hates their gender they have mental issues. Not saying its good or bad but come on. 

They hate their gender? Do you have an example of this or are simply assuming that you know something about them 

25 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Really?

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

• Like 2

So you’re also clear that it’s not a mental health issue requiring treatment. You’re welcome. 

And the reason 40% of them attempt suicide is because of bullying. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Really?

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Is homosexuality a mental health issue? Is so, why?