Check your account email address ×

Adult conversation and opinion

jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, jtssrx said:

With another riot going on now in North Carolina what are you honest thoughts on America? 

Mine are as follows

I truly in my heart believe Obama is reveling in this. When he said fundamentally change America I believe he meant divide us.  Going back to his first chance to unite us when the police questioned the Harvard professor and he said police acted stupidly all the way to now where he refuses to tell the truth about police interactions with blacks. 

We we now have NFL players openly protesting police. Kids in schools are emulating these athletes.  

Im not blind. I realize there are bad cops. There are bad people in all walks of life. But the idea that blacks are targeted by police just doesn't bare itself out when you examine the numbers.

i think we have a real problem.    

My wife and I talked about this last night.   Never have we seen the country so divided.   The only time in our adult lives we feel is even close was during the Rodney King verdict riots and we think they are much worse now.

Without question I think the left thrives on a divided country.  Very concerning all the "taking over" of our police departments by the DOJ.  

stay-vigilant-dont-fall-into-the-governments-plan-to-create-3029237.png

MN Momo - I commented twice and both very short - Am I so influential that a couple short posts dictate a thread? :news:. And besides - what value have you offered in the thread.... :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Some really nice thoughts in here.  I gotta finish my coffee first.

This could be a real nice thread......except for the community Troll (AGAIN).

SR Troll.jpg

FOT7883.jpg

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The fact you see a color is your problem. If Americans were all blind how would we ever discriminate?

Which party is more likely to categorize people?   Rich, poor, white, black, Non White Hispanic.   Who pushes affirmative action?   Who pushes a progressive tax rate?   The mere notion of social justice categorizes people. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The fact you see a color is your problem. If Americans were all blind how would we ever discriminate?

great..now the libs want to gouge out everybody's eyes...you come out with some fawked up chit for sure...anyways we could still smell them out..if you know what i mean.

Edited by Capt.Storm

16 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

The media is definitely the biggest contributor to racial divide these days. They are not interested in reporting facts. Instead they push a narrative designed to inflame controversy in order to sell advertising. Like sex scandals, racial violence sells. I have zero respect for our media outlets, zero.

Yeah and the biggest story right now... Brad and Angelina are getting DIVORCED! ...

th?id=OIP.Mb0e76ef5520587842df713d25b990985H1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My wife and I talked about this last night.   Never have we seen the country so divided.   The only time in our adult lives we feel is even close was during the Rodney King verdict riots and we think they are much worse now.

Without question I think the left thrives on a divided country.  Very concerning all the "taking over" of our police departments by the DOJ.  

Oh yes the infamous Rodney King verdict where the looting in protest extended to other countries including ours.  Great way to make a point.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah and the biggest story right now... Brad and Angelina are getting DIVORCED! ...

th?id=OIP.Mb0e76ef5520587842df713d25b990985H1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Well they were considered the Cinderella couple.   I mean its every girls dream come true now turned into a nightmare.  How will they move on from this?

• Gold Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Well they were considered the Cinderella couple.   I mean its every girls dream come true now turned into a nightmare.  How will they move on from this?

Who cares?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Some really nice thoughts in here.  I gotta finish my coffee first.

This could be a real nice thread......except for the community Troll (AGAIN).

SR Troll.jpg

Why do you pull shit like this? Fuckin child mentality.

There are a lot of things I could try and comment on but I am going to focus on one, that manipulates the other to an unbelievable extent:  

The News Media.  They have slowly worked their way into a position over the last 15 years that have drawn most of the uneducated and unintelligent masses to them.  Not saying the people that follow and believe the MSM's are completely incompetent, I just think it's easier for most of them to believe the 15 minute spiel from the talking heads from what is no more in America than a "News Show" and "News Tabloid Papers".  I've been pulling myself away from this form America's "news" for about 4 years now.  I read a lot of foreign media even if the translations isn't perfect and requires a bit of piecing together.  If I watch any news it is local (and ours is free from Nat'l politics) and the BBC.  I can say this without a doubt:  News is not being drawn up worldwide like it is here.  Most of the stories aren't full of opinions written like an editorial piece like ours are.  They are short and to the facts and points.  It makes for less entertainment and sometimes it's like reading data sheets.  But guess what...THAT IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.  And I find myself more informed and able to draw better conclusions than ever in my life because of this path.

Now, "the other", we've become a nation of lazy stupid sheep.  We are looking for the fastest, easiest and less productive way to make decisions.  And what's the best way to do this?  Simple, let somebody else tell you how to think and what to do.  This little concept has never taken hold as fast or as powerful as it has now in America.  The movement and bias of our media toward the more liberal agenda has gone from being subliminal and more of an overtone to full on picking and choosing the stories and comments to fully support the agenda of their party of choosing.  They are all guilty of this now.  News isn't brought to us as "information", it is now brought to us as opinions masked as facts and news.  Certain stories that can change a narrative are overlooked all together or are barely touched on to make the MSM appear "legit".  Other stories are slammed in our faces for days and weeks to a point it's been made fact in our minds.  It's grossly manipulative.  But, it is for sure working for the majority who can only parrot what they just watched or the headline they just got flashed in order to grow recruits to this type of idiocy.

Our media, along with the added "agents", have led us to a point as a nation where it's one lie after another being argued and debated as if either was ever true or real.  Our "heroes" and "villains" are decided for us by a monopoly that has it's own best interest in mind....keeping us ignorant and hanging on their every piece of advice on where to go and what to do.  I'm reminded of the dark ages where the religious power entities kept knowledge, education, and information from the masses in order to build their own empire on top.  I can only hope we'll be able to snap out of it in time to save what little true democracy we have left.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh yes the infamous Rodney King verdict where the looting in protest extended to other countries including ours.  Great way to make a point.

That verdict was completely fucked.   Cannot believe the judge didn't step in there.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

There are a lot of things I could try and comment on but I am going to focus on one, that manipulates the other to an unbelievable extent:  

The News Media.  They have slowly worked their way into a position over the last 15 years that have drawn most of the uneducated and unintelligent masses to them.  Not saying the people that follow and believe the MSM's are completely incompetent, I just think it's easier for most of them to believe the 15 minute spiel from the talking heads from what is no more in America than a "News Show" and "News Tabloid Papers".  I've been pulling myself away from this form America's "news" for about 4 years now.  I read a lot of foreign media even if the translations isn't perfect and requires a bit of piecing together.  If I watch any news it is local (and ours is free from Nat'l politics) and the BBC.  I can say this without a doubt:  News is not being drawn up worldwide like it is here.  Most of the stories aren't full of opinions written like an editorial piece like ours are.  They are short and to the facts and points.  It makes for less entertainment and sometimes it's like reading data sheets.  But guess what...THAT IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.  And I find myself more informed and able to draw better conclusions than ever in my life because of this path.

Now, "the other", we've become a nation of lazy stupid sheep.  We are looking for the fastest, easiest and less productive way to make decisions.  And what's the best way to do this?  Simple, let somebody else tell you how to think and what to do.  This little concept has never taken hold as fast or as powerful as it has now in America.  The movement and bias of our media toward the more liberal agenda has gone from being subliminal and more of an overtone to full on picking and choosing the stories and comments to fully support the agenda of their party of choosing.  They are all guilty of this now.  News isn't brought to us as "information", it is now brought to us as opinions masked as facts and news.  Certain stories that can change a narrative are overlooked all together or are barely touched on to make the MSM appear "legit".  Other stories are slammed in our faces for days and weeks to a point it's been made fact in our minds.  It's grossly manipulative.  But, it is for sure working for the majority who can only parrot what they just watched or the headline they just got flashed in order to grow recruits to this type of idiocy.

Our media, along with the added "agents", have led us to a point as a nation where it's one lie after another being argued and debated as if either was ever true or real.  Our "heroes" and "villains" are decided for us by a monopoly that has it's own best interest in mind....keeping us ignorant and hanging on their every piece of advice on where to go and what to do.  I'm reminded of the dark ages where the religious power entities kept knowledge, education, and information from the masses in order to build their own empire on top.  I can only hope we'll be able to snap out of it in time to save what little true democracy we have left.

Excellent diatribe.  Now support it with somehting other than your delusion :bc: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Excellent diatribe.  Now support it with somehting other than your delusion :bc: 

You didn't understand the piece?  wow.  That was a B effort college level opinion essay.  Oops...now I get it.

You are a weak, stupid and pathetic troll.  Go away little man.