Check your account email address ×

Poo 850’s owners are gonna be pissed.

If this is not BS news, but on  mountain specific forum poo 850’s is having some major problems, that Polaris guru Indy Dan is forecasting a full recall or 100% failure due to a floating bearing on the PTO along with a rough hone on the cylinders and he knows his shit, I have read years of his posts, I remember reading about his recommend to run the cheapest polaris oil which surprised me. 

13 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

If this is not BS news, but on  mountain specific forum poo 850’s is having some major problems, that Polaris guru Indy Dan is forecasting a full recall or 100% failure due to a floating bearing on the PTO along with a rough hone on the cylinders and he knows his shit, I have read years of his posts, I remember reading about his recommend to run the cheapest polaris oil which surprised me. 

Did they not test this engine for something like 4 years? Must have cut back on quality at production.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just absolutely ZERO excuse for this.   My son did an internship with them this summer.   He was going to send out some emails to see if he could learn anything.  

$12000+ sleds.   Get the fuckers right from the get go.   For Poo's part I hope its just a batch of motors.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Funny how guys have close to 1k miles on them already in Quebec. Apparently this guy is famous for saying all new polaris are shit. Imagine that for guy selling pistons and honing. :lol:

There have been a few engine failures.  I don't think it's quite as bad as Indy Dan claims but a few people are having trouble.  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

There have been a few engine failures.  I don't think it's quite as bad as Indy Dan claims but a few people are having trouble.  

I dont doubt there will be a few. Some fucks can't even warm up a sled ffs. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Funny how guys have close to 1k miles on them already in Quebec. Apparently this guy is famous for saying all new polaris are shit. Imagine that for guy selling pistons and honing. :lol:

Indy Dan just said stock pistons were best.

There goes that theory!

Moving PTO bearings, seizing center bearings, coatings off pistons in 100 feet of run distance and cylinder finish is garbage.

Another Polaris shit show??