Check your account email address ×

The Bet

f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

Your idiotic blather has no place in a thread discussing the practical problem and not some fantasy theoretical bullshit ......quit muddying the waters and move on 

I stated my discussion wasn't towards the bet and that the other betters are clearly incorrect in their thinking.  How is that muddy to you?

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I stated my discussion wasn't towards the bet and that the other betters are clearly incorrect in their thinking.  How is that muddy to you?

Neal

You took issue with my very clear wording on "other variables" for one reason.......and it had nothing to do with being practical 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You took issue with my very clear wording on "other variables" for one reason.......and it had nothing to do with being practical 

Of course I did, it's weasly language, ill defind that can be used as an escape hatch, practical or otherwise.  IMO it should be removed, but that is between you and who is betting you.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Of course I did, it's weasly language, ill defind that can be used as an escape hatch, practical or otherwise.  IMO it should be removed, but that is between you and who is betting you.

Neal

Bullshit......it clearly places the emphasis on the only variable to be considered. The lug height......nothing else matters or should be considered in this debate and the question states it perfectly 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ok...since you dont understand the wheel or coin concept.....imagine 2 rubberbands....one being slightly larger in circular diameter than the other one.

Now use a sharpie and mark each band.

Now roll them on your desk and mark the distance from 1 full rotation. You will clearly see the larger diameter band has traveled further.

Thank me now.....no need to go to expense of a professional. 

Larger diameter=greater distance.

You guys aint too bright.

tumblr_oms8rh4JHu1upxb50o1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Bullshit......it clearly places the emphasis on the only variable to be considered. The lug height......nothing else matters or should be considered in this debate and the question states it perfectly 

Perhaps I should clarify, if changing lug height impacts variables upstream, are those to be considered?

Your wording would not allow those upstream variables to be changed.

Neal

8 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Ok...since you dont understand the wheel or coin concept.....imagine 2 rubberbands....one being slightly larger in circular diameter than the other one.

Now roll them on your desk and mark the distance from 1 full rotation. You will clearly see the larger diameter band has traveled further.

Think about final drive not including the tires on a car or the track of a snowmobile.  What happens then?

Neal

45 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I'm gonna' beat you with your fukken arm, after I rip it off!! WTF!! Why did you bail this faggot out!!!   WHY!!!! He's PoLISH and he's a fukken weirdo, he needed to be beaten like a fukken rented mule!!! Why are you saving his ass, after I posted that I would give you $500.00 if you STFU!!! 

Now, you went and explained it perfectly with the rubber band illustration, you bastid!!!! Even that fukkin crazy fuck Benny will get it now!! 

The homo has been fixated on the concept of a track not being round like a tire, therefore not affecting the drive ratio!! 

He couldn't grasp the concept of a track rotation on a FLAT HARD PLANE!

Where are you located in NJ? He's NEVAH gonna' go through with this now. You just lost me a new Nitro Z18!!! 

Not only did you fuck me out of a boAT, BUT YOU DENIED US BEATING-DOWN BENNY THE RAT, WHICH HE SORELY NEEDS!!! 

Where are you? Do you EVAH come up here through NH? RT. 93, 3? 

Do you evah go up to MAine ON RT95? i'LL BE IN PURSUITMODE IF YOU EVAH COME UP HERE!!!!

I bet you're a fat bastid like Chris Christy, aren't you? 

Do you fuck Cristy up his ass at the Jersey Shore? I bet you do!!  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Given all else being equal and taking into account no other variable, will increasing the length/depth of the lugs or cleats on a tracked vehicle such as a snowmobile cause a definable change in the vehicles final drive ratio. For the purpose of this question final drive ratio is to be defined as the distance the vehicle moves with one full rotation of the drive system input and not accounting for any variation in the drivetrain such as CVT etc. 

I am open to suggestions but I think the above about covers it.

Just tune it up a bit. Specify a SNOWMOBILE, on a hypothetical, FLAT, HARD PLANE. Eliminate the word cleats as we are SPECIFICALLY discussing LUG height. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Given all else being equal and taking into account no other variable, will increasing the length/depth of the lugs or cleats on a tracked vehicle such as a snowmobile cause a definable change in the vehicles final drive ratio. For the purpose of this question final drive ratio is to be defined as the distance the vehicle moves with one full rotation of the drive system input and not accounting for any variation in the drivetrain such as CVT etc. 

I already posted it very concisely on the other thread. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

It depends where the speed is measured 

Rod 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yeah Benny, I'm thinkin' you might just be right about the track on the sliders. 

Goddamnit, I guess I still gotta' go through with this now. Sonofabitch, I'm havin' second thoughts now. 

Ok, where do we send the 20Gs to handle this? Goddamnit, I think I just fukked myself out of 20 large. 

I'm a man of my word though, so where will we send the checks??? :mc:

Where the fuck did he go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was just here. Maybe he's working a 12-8 shift and he's clocking in.

Or maybe he's scared shitless of THE BET, after that VIPER guy explained it to him with the rubber bands!!!