Check your account email address ×

The Bet

f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

https://www.ibackshift.com/calculator

How are they able to make such precise speed calculations without knowing track circumference ????

Ah Dynamo Joe's website. Good dude,spent a weekend riding and testing/tuning with him back in the day. You should email him this question,,,I think he is an Engineer.Once he finishes laughing his fucking ass off I'm sure he will give a technical enough response.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Roll a rubber band.  :lol:   Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle stick.  :lol:

Did you control the drive rpm variable in that little experiment?  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Roll a rubber band.  :lol:   Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle stick.  :lol:

Did you control the drive rpm variable in that little experiment?  :lol:  

Can you imagine how dumb that motherfucker is gonna feel when this hits him like a ton of bricks :lol:

fucking typical Trump supporter

Once again from the former Polaris engineer who worked on different factory race teams.   Oh by the way he held a number of 1000' speed records (NSSR) for a number of years as well.

Hope this helps.  Just keep in mind, regardless of lug height, the pitch line in the track determines track length and vehicle speed and that is at the neutral axis or cord line (tensile cord) location in the track.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I already stated why.  I don't accept the conditions.

:bc:

Neal

Cuz you know you would lose. Lug height has no affect on final drive raio. Just the same as axle twist and chain stretch has no effect. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Cuz you know you would lose. Lug height has no affect on final drive raio. Just the same as axle twist and chain stretch has no effect. 

I wouldn't take a bet I would lose.  Thus I didn't.  The conditions are not correct, and I stated as such.  And yes, lug height does impact FDR as does axle deflection and chain strech.  You are incorrect.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Once again from the former Polaris engineer who worked on different factory race teams.   Oh by the way he held a number of 1000' speed records (NSSR) for a number of years as well.

Hope this helps.  Just keep in mind, regardless of lug height, the pitch line in the track determines track length and vehicle speed and that is at the neutral axis or cord line (tensile cord) location in the track.

Stop it.....you're killing my 20k

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I wouldn't take a bet I would lose.  Thus I didn't.  The conditions are not correct, and I stated as such.  And yes, lug height does impact FDR as does axle deflection and chain strech.  You are incorrect.

Neal

The bet is clearly defined.

GIVEN NO OTHER VARIABLES

Are you dense?

Just now, f7ben said:

The bet is clearly defined.

GIVEN NO OTHER VARIABLES

Are you dense?

The bet is, I concur, thus my disregard for it.

I don't agree to the conditions, thus I did not take the bet.  That, however doesn't mean your statements are correct. 

Not at all, I am just pointing out the issues with the thought problem.

Neal

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Axle deflection and chain stretch.  :lol:

Jesus someone as smart as Neal is suppose to be yet can't comprehend the constants in this particular equation.  :lol:  

Just now, Highmark said:

Axle deflection and chain stretch.  :lol:

Jesus someone as smart as Neal is suppose to be yet can't comprehend the constants in this particular equation.  :lol:  

Neither of those were addressed as "unallowed" in the original post on the topic.  Ben chooses to constrain, or use wording that can, in his post, thus I disregard the bet as uninteresting to me. All those constraints do not disporve my proposition however, they simply move to ignore.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neither of those were addressed as "unallowed" in the original post on the topic.  Ben chooses to constrain, or use wording that can, in his post, thus I disregard the bet as uninteresting to me. All those constraints do not disporve my proposition however, they simply move to ignore.

Neal

The original one I posted years ago?   

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The original one I posted years ago?   

Sure, I brought up the issues in that thread, and there was discussion after that about the allowance of those kids of things.  

As I recall the discussion delved into chais streching/breaking to prove the point.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure, I brought up the issues in that thread, and there was discussion after that about the allowance of those kids of things.  

As I recall the discussion delved into chais streching/breaking to prove the point.

Neal

I recall very clearly stating "all other variables constant except lug height."