Check your account email address ×

The Bet

f7ben

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Right. So, you need more revolutions to turn a longer track one rotation. Therefore changing the drive to rotation ratio... :ashamed:

Why are you bailing them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you weren't my bud, that's why I included you as a member of the " N.H. FUDGEPACKERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB "!!! 

I was not sure about you, but now I see I was right. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Right. So, you need more revolutions to turn a longer track one rotation. Therefore changing the drive to rotation ratio... :ashamed:

But its not turning more revolutions (drive sprocket).   Its RPM is constant.  If its RPM is 500 then 1 minute of rev's produce the same movement in track.   More full rotations for the 121 than the 151.   The track could be 100 miles long....it does not matter.  The track is not a wheel its the ground.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

This was not the question in the OP.  He didn't ask about one full rotation of the track.  He asked about one full rotation of the input.

@motonoggin is correct.  Lug height is not what's important.  The track is being laid down and the bogies are rolling across it and slides are sliding across it.  Regardless of lug height, if the track driver pitch is exactly the same on a 1" lug or a 3" lug, the suspension will only roll one rotation-worth of track LENGTH.  Assuming no lug flex is present.

Put another way, if the circumference of the driver is 20 inches and there's a 4:1 reduction in the chaincase, one rotation of the jackshaft will result in 5 inches worth of track being laid down, regardless of the lug height.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Hey moron what does going from the 1" lug to the 3" lug do?   Increases circumference.    So does a longer track at the same lug height.

Anyone who can watch this video and not clearly see the thickness or length of the conveyor does not make the object traveling on it go faster is obtuse or a fucking retard.  

OK, then how about each one of you take half the bet at 10Gs each????? 

10 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You fukken fucktahd!! You're not following the hypothesis!! You fukken tahd!! It's a 121" sled with 1" or 3" lugs, nothing else!!! 

Why did you mention a 151 as compared to a 121!!! TAKE THE FUKKEN BET, OR STFU!!!

Can I take this bet too?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

No.  With either track, the snowmobile will travel the exact same distance with 1 rotation of the secondary, regardless of lug height or length of track. 

Bingo.  Lug height doesn't matter in drive ratio.  It's like asking if putting a thicker (taller) chain on your bicycle changes the drive ratio.

The machine can only roll as far as the amount of track is laid down by a rotation of the driveshaft.  This is a constant.

Just now, Matt said:

Bingo.  Lug height doesn't matter in drive ratio.  It's like asking if putting a thicker (taller) chain on your bicycle changes the drive ratio.

The machine can only roll as far as the amount of track is laid down by a rotation of the driveshaft.  This is a constant.

Bingo.

If you have a bull dozer and one track had 4" grousers and the other track had 1" grousers.  Assuming both sides had equal traction and no slippage, the dozer would go straight. The taller grouser would have no effect on the drive ratio.  

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yep, length does not matter.   Pitch diameter of the drive sprocket/track is all that does. 

Timing_Belt_Pulley_Pitch_Diameter_and_Outside_Diameter.jpg

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Can I take this bet too?  

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because I don't steal from retards

TAKE THE BET!!! JUST TAKE THE FUKKEN BET!!!

I will have a lawyer relieving you from taking advantage of a tahd. He will include in the contract that you don't have any LIABILITY for taking advantage of me, that I entered the contract with sound mind, legally responsible for my actions. 

Take the BET you gringos!!! Fukken Chicanos!!!  

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

TAKE THE BET!!! JUST TAKE THE FUKKEN BET!!!

I will have a lawyer relieving you from taking advantage of a tahd. He will include in the contract that you don't have any LIABILITY for taking advantage of me, that I entered the contract with sound mind, legally responsible for my actions. 

Take the BET you gringos!!! Fukken Chicanos!!!  

I accept your bet.  I would like to make it for $100 because you are more likely to pay that when you lose.  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Bingo.

If you have a bull dozer and one track had 4" grousers and the other track had 1" grousers.  Assuming both sides had equal traction and no slippage, the dozer would go straight. The taller grouser would have no effect on the drive ratio.  

WRONG, SHORT PANTS!! Eventually, the 4" grouser would turn the dozer in the opposite direction of the side it was on!!!

TAKE THE FUKKEN BET SHORTPANTS, TAKE IT!!! 

No input for track length or lug height.  If it makes a difference find ONE online source saying it does.  JUST ONE.  

http://www.racenssr.com/calc.htm

http://www.wahlracing.com/Gear-Ratio-Charts.html 

https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/gear-calculator/

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I accept your bet.  I would like to make it for $100 because you are more likely to pay that when you lose.  

HA!HA!HA! Shortpants!! :lmao::lmao:

A hunnert bucks!!! LMAO!! 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No input for track length or lug height.  If it makes a difference find ONE online source saying it does.  JUST ONE.  

http://www.racenssr.com/calc.htm

http://www.wahlracing.com/Gear-Ratio-Charts.html 

https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/gear-calculator/

Interesting Ben changed his mind.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! So Ben is stroking us!!! I knew it!! That fukken scrawn-bag, has been trolling me for years!! LMAO!!

I knew he was nothing but a BULLSHIT BURGER all along!!!