Check your account email address ×

In case you faggots were wondering...

Anler

1 minute ago, Dave said:

If thats all the riding I was gonna do....id have an old triple triple. :bc:

I love the sound that comes out of the pipes of a triple :thumb:  I think the turbo 4-stoke Yamaha's dominate though. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I love the sound that comes out of the pipes of a triple :thumb:  I think the turbo 4-stoke Yamaha's dominate though. 

I get compliments on mine when I come pounding down the trails and pull into the gas station or bar.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

What do you have for a sled?

Just some old junk :lol: 

Doo 700 twin, 600 triple, 800 triple, 950 triple, 1006 triple. I'm still stuck in the late 90's / early 2000's  :thumb:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Just some old junk :lol: 

Doo 700 twin, 600 triple, 800 triple, 950 triple, 1006 triple. I'm still stuck in the late 90's / early 2000's  :thumb:

Nothing wrong with that as long as you are having fun :thumb:

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Dominate racing?

It's not sanctioned events. Just a group of guys that get together on the weekends to go back and forth.

13 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

i had a 800 triple storm with maybe 160hp clutched,geared..edge x skid..the stock apex was way nicer and never felt like it was going to blow up.:lol:

One of the biggest piles of shit ever made, I used to refer to them as the 'drizzle"

Don't talk shit about boosted sleds until you ride one.   In the right conditions the fun factor is off the charts.  The main reason I mostly ride a 2-stroke is it gets old hearing guys complain about getting beat by something with so much more power.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, snoughnut said:

One of the biggest piles of shit ever made, I used to refer to them as the 'drizzle"

One of my buddies had one. He broke the chain on the side of a mountain in the back-country what a PIA it was to get it fixed in the boonies :wall: 

Just now, snoughnut said:

Funny you say that....i had quite a few buddies who had them back in the day and remember them being quite reliable...only issue i remember was one buddy blowing a base gasket.

Just now, Highmark said:

Don't talk shit about boosted sleds until you ride one.   In the right conditions the fun factor is off the charts.  The main reason I mostly ride a 2-stroke is it gets old hearing guys complain about getting beat by something with so much more power.   

The only place a boosted sled is fun imo is in the mountains.

Just now, Dave said:

The only place a boosted sled is fun imo is in the mountains.

Disagree.   Trails of the UP and on the lakes they are a blast.  Launching over the crests of hills on straight trails makes you feel like your taking off in a plane.   Can scare the fuck out of you if your not careful.   Thought I was coming over backwards at 70+ a number of times.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

least mine was still a wedge...never had any real problems with it.

It was my own fault but had a cable come off a carb once and took me awhile to figure why it would only do 80..lol.

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Highmark said:

Disagree.   Trails of the UP and on the lakes they are a blast.  Launching over the crests of hills on straight trails makes you feel like your taking off in a plane.   Can scare the fuck out of you if your not careful.   Thought I was coming over backwards at 70+ a number of times.  

Id rather ride trails on a lighter sled...unless they are grades.

Just now, ckf said:

I was just thinking about that yesterday. An Apex would be OK for the trails around here. But would be awesome for Quebec :bc:

I had an Attak for 2 seasons and a nytro for part of another....those machines make you realize how much better ski doo and poo actually are.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Id rather ride trails on a lighter sled...unless they are grades.

Each have their more fun trails.   Love my turbo in the UP.  Rather have my 800 xrs in most systems in Northern Wi.